That Sinking Feeling

Comixbooks

Fully [H]
What games gave you that Sinking Feeling good or bad?

For me it was

Quake Multiplayer

Few games have come close to that game immersion wise. The only recent game is Warhammer Darktide the Hub area has some really weird ambient sounds.

Reactions: t1k
like this
Playing Half-Life for the first time when I was younger. That kind of creepy realtime, interactive experience was still a very novel thing back then. The first time playing the first Resident Evil and later Silent Hill 3 did it too.

There are too many games to list here actually. I don't think I've ever bothered playing games that make me feel nothing.

What is a Sinking Feeling good or bad?
Just think it stimulates the brain in a way that makes you feel what am I doing in this dark hole exploring away. Ultima Online did that for me but not the entire map like the Northern Map the Jungle and The 2nd Age.
Alot of these modern games add way too much stuff so when you climb that hill you don't feel anything for the game Grand Theft Auto I don't feel anything that game along with Cyberpunk compared to a adventure game that drops you off in the middle of nowhere. Deadspace remake is a pretty good game that archives that found that Witchfire is pretty good too.

Last edited:
If you take a good ASMR video on YouTube it does the same thing sometimes better than a game will.

If you take a good ASMR video on YouTube it does the same thing sometimes better than a game will.
That stuff has never worked for me. I don't get it.

Besides that, FEAR, AVP2 (from way back in the early 2000's) and the leaked Doom 3 alpha. That point where you check out the reflections in the glass and look at some moving machinery only to find there is a monster standing behind you that wasn't there before.

NiER: Automata. Played through to the real ending complete with end credits mini-game after volunteering to delete my save. Parts of the soundtrack still make me tear up when I hear it.

What games gave you that Sinking Feeling good or bad?

For me it was

Quake Multiplayer

Few games have come close to that game immersion wise. The only recent game is Warhammer Darktide the Hub area has some really weird ambient sounds.
And here I was thinking this would be a thread about that feeling you get when you're sinking yourself down into the plush comfort of a dozen valari gaming pillows

Back