TF 2 DX 10?

zombix

[H]ard|Gawd
Just came to my mind if Teamfortress 2 is going to be DX 10? DX 10 only? Or just plain DX 9?

the Source engine is currently DX9, if they incorporate DX10 it'll probaly be an either or situation. (I'm guessing)

I am guessing it will be released for DirectX 12. Judging by their track record on the project.

I am guessing it will be released for DirectX 12. Judging by their track record on the project.

Agreed! I don't remember the last time Valve actually released a game near the time frame they established.
Note that I said "near", because they never set an actual release date.

Just came to my mind if Teamfortress 2 is going to be DX 10? DX 10 only? Or just plain DX 9?

DX10 only, not a chance. It may have some DX10 features, but you'll be able to run the game using any DX9 card nonetheless.

maybe they partnered with 3drealms and they are going to announce DNF!!!

One of the reason valve pull in so many customers is because people can run their games on really old kit, I think they deliberately stay behind the curve and offer up new effects when they know the majorety of their consumer base can handle it.

Soem of the effects we'll see in the next engine upgrade is motion blur, depth of field and dynamic shadows, we've seen all these effects being tested as far back as the tech videos for Day of Defeat Source which claimed it would use them soon (so far we've only seen a crap static overlay)

Even so most of these effects are optional you can probably run TF2 on DX7 hardware although you'll need to tone the settings right down.

Soem of the effects we'll see in the next engine upgrade is motion blur, depth of field and dynamic shadows, we've seen all these effects being tested as far back as the tech videos for Day of Defeat Source which claimed it would use them soon (so far we've only seen a crap static overlay)

correct me if i'm wrong but effects such as 'depth of field' is touted as a DX10 thing these days (i'm going by crysis and call of juarez dx10 benchmark)

correct me if i'm wrong but effects such as 'depth of field' is touted as a DX10 thing these days (i'm going by crysis and call of juarez dx10 benchmark)

Depth of field can be done in DX9 100%. What about all the already-released games that have depth of field? They aren't DX10.

TF2 looks interesting but the game is still too far away to be concerned about.

I believe the facial animations in the Source engine will be accelerated in DX10 by the Geometry Shader. However, the whole thing will still work in DX9, but the facial animations will not be as fast.

I'm sure there will be other DX10 features used, but I don't know much more about it.

maybe they partnered with 3drealms and they are going to announce DNF!!!

Considering Valve's delay track record, I wouldn't be too surprised if Episode 2, TF2 and Portal, would become another DNF.

Back