Ten Years Ago Today: Bong Cooler Edition

*sigh* long ago are the days I would go to such extremes to get just a little more speed from my CPU. My 300W pelt sits in a box in the garage.

I don't get what's going on there.

It's a nifty bong cooler setup for watercooling a PC. It dissipates heat via evaporation (from the falling water) rather than conduction through a radiator.

You don't see evaporative water cooling very often because of the high maintenance. Closed loop setups with radiators don't need to be topped off regularly.

Damn kids. I remember when Kyle was burning up Athlon Thunderbirds on nothing but air! :D

God, I remember wanting to build one of those.

Me, too. I had parts picked out and everything. But, too much evaporation and I didn't want to mess with it... I like low maintenance. But, it would have been awesome for temperatures.

Ah, Bong coolers. I had one of the tall PVC ones with a showerhead at the top and a pump in the bucket basin. I remember my mom called me on the phone to tell me that my computer was making some strange sounds. "Add water to it!"

I miss CRTs. I got mine still but I don't have a desk that can properly support it.

Ten years ago today I had just purchased my 9700pro and my first Danger Den kit for my Barton

Would this be valid for today's processors? My friend has an awesome table fountain sculpture that would make a most excellent pump and dissipation device.

Would this be valid for today's processors? My friend has an awesome table fountain sculpture that would make a most excellent pump and dissipation device.

No, the laws of thermodynamics changed.

Back