Temps on zn8a-d6c with l5639s Q

Patonb

Gawd
Got my dual hex running, but I think the temps are odd.

CPU1 at full load are 55C, but cpu2 at full load is 65-68C.

Whats odd is cpu2 gets better air, or sshould.

I'm in a 650d with 2 140's exhausting out and the hsf blow up.

Is thiks normal, or does it nee a reseat?

Thanks

Pics of setup ?

Those temps sound a bit high, about what my 2x L5639's run @ 3.3 GHz .....

Sounds like a reseat is needed to me. Be sure you screwed the screws all the way in.

No pics yet... Being a cripple makes cameras hard to use.

Yha, turns out Fan mode = "Whisper Mode" i think is very very slow.

I switched it to "Generic" things dropped to 47C and 58C.

The 650d isnt great air cooling case, but to get the meshed side panel costs twice as much to ship as it costs.. $15 for the panel, $35 for shipping to Cdn.. Must be extra food for the dog sleds.

I have the same case and 5640's, i have temps ranging from 49-57 on CPU 2 and 60-66 on CPU 2.

Also depends on the HSF you are using, and what fans. Mine are stock intel HSF and the standard corsair fans

take the case side off

i should mention that my chips are on an SR2 running naked with Cogage's on em with an AP-15 each ..... so that does help my temps substantially

I have the same case and 5640's, i have temps ranging from 49-57 on CPU 2 and 60-66 on CPU 2.

Also depends on the HSF you are using, and what fans. Mine are stock intel HSF and the standard corsair fans

at stock speed?

Yup, stock and i'm using sts100c Intel hsf. My top are 2 Noctua 140's at ~100cfm each

Yup, stock and i'm using sts100c Intel hsf. My top are 2 Noctua 140's at ~100cfm each

Definately look at reseating your HSF, you have the heatpipe coolers rated to 130w TDP, i only have the 80w 100a's.

Also i have mine blowing front to back - that way they pull cooler air from the front of the case, not the warm air off the GPU and RAM

@Sbinh, Yup stock speeds on these Asus boards

With Linux, Auto. With Windows, who knows these days.

I'm running xigmatek gaia's on L5640's on the same board in a Antec P-180. I believe I still have it on whisper mode. Last temp's I saw were 42 and 38 fully loaded. Probably just have some low reading chips, but it's a quiet machine.

The p180 probably has alot better air flow. The 650d is pretty bad for airflow. My 950 setup ran 7C hotter in it compared to my Antec 900.

Plus the Gaia's are for sure better coolers.

Back