template for back of pc case

I know this has probably been covered but I've searched the site and must not know the correct phrasing to get what I want.

I am building an htpc case out of wood. A good quality oak. I am looking for a template to mark out a standard atx board with 5 pci slots, I can accomodate for the motherboard connections. Aside from measuring an old case, which I guess is possible. I would rather have a template where I can just lay it out exact.
Does anybody know where I can find it, or where I might look.
thanks

There are ATX specification documents on the web. They document all dimensions (with drawings) for things like motherboard standoff positions, rear panel layout etc. Start at Wikipedia's ATX page if you get lost.

If you find the drawing you want, you can probably fiddle with it to print out full size and lay it on the wood as a pattern. Printing on plastic (overhead projector transparency sheets) can be useful if you want to see through the template while laying out.

thanks for the reply. I totally forgot about wiki. I guess somtimes you just get too complicated. What I was planning on doing is printing it out full size and using rubber cement to attatch it to the backside of the wood. if you coat the wood in a light coat and the paper in a light coat, when they touch they instantly grab and can be smoothed down.
Now I can get on with finishing this one up.

Back