Teh Uber L33t Aqua-Computer Thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info all. So AC doomed it because it makes any noise ... hmm OK ..doubt I would hear it over my fans so it might as well be silent.

Pooky actually I went with the 10mm barb on the Aquatube as I plan to plumb the whole thing with 7/16 with a 3/32 wall. It may turn out nice or a real Kludge ... the jury is still out.

do you think the DDC is loud?
iam thinking of getting one with the convertor to run 2x mora pro

Nigely,

I couldn't tell you yet .. .all my parts are still in the shipping boxes ... I am not opening them until all the parts are here, hopefully a week or 2.

Nobody said:
I couldn't tell you yet .. .all my parts are still in the shipping boxes ... I am not opening them until all the parts are here, hopefully a week or 2.
[Horror-Scenario-Mode]

And when you got all your parts and open the boxes, one important part is missing :p

[/Horror-Scenario-Mode]

You should take a look inside ;)

Shoggy said:
[Horror-Scenario-Mode]

And when you got all your parts and open the boxes, one important part is missing :p

[/Horror-Scenario-Mode]

the first thing i do when the parcel arrive is open everything to see if its broken and play around with it

You could be right, or it could go like this ...

Open the boxes everything is there .....

(2weeks Later)

Damn where did that part go it was right here in the box with the rest of it.

Egrin .... I am in no rush fortunately .... Even once everything is here I will need to tear the case down and do some more modding for the install and then re-assemble it all.

An old geeks job is never easy.

I have to agree with how AC views the products they rep. When spending $500-$1000 to cool a computer with AC, you expect it to be almost silent AND look purdy. This is why I buy their products. If I wanted the best cooling, I would go with loud pumps with 3/4" ID tubing and twenty fans running full blast. I perfer two 120mm fans on a radiator running 6volts and a silent pump.

Good news from Top Nurse and SNT !!!! Looks like we will have some very happy AC users soon.

Shoggy said:
[Horror-Scenario-Mode]

[/Horror-Scenario-Mode]

Now where did that cable go to...did it get backordered? Crap! I forgot to order it :eek:

Little Grabbi said:
Those look like Legris products. They sell much better than what AC sells (metal with plastic retainer rings), or the full-plastic parts, at least over here.

Found a lot of local distributors of Legris in the L.A. area. No big minimum orders unless it is not stocked and then only 5-10 pcs, but the price is right and the quality is sooo gooood :D It seems Legris has a very large warehousing operation in Arizona that feeds the rest of the USA. Seems like BSPP (G-x/x) and BSPT (R-x/x) threads are fairly well stocked in this country according to the distributor I spoke with. If your interested you can go to the Legris website and find yourself a local distributor. :)

nigely said:
do you think the DDC is loud?
iam thinking of getting one with the convertor to run 2x mora pro

No. I tested the pump's head pressure outside and It's not what I'd call loud. I used to use the Laing D4, that's what I'd call loud.

I am using the Innovatek HPPS (basically and Eheim 1046 with 5.5 feet of head pressure, sort of like an Aquastream) now, and will be until I build the new setup, and it is silent. I honestly can't tell if it's on by listneing to it, only by holding it can I feel it hum.

I happen to agree completely with what R1ckCa1n stated, I used to use 1/2" ID tubing, a Laing D4 and Dtek's spiral. A friend of mine showed me Aqua Computer parts, and then said they were pretty but useless, since they cool worse than the bigger setup, but I didn't care. I bought a bunch of them through SNT, and now I'm hopelessly addicted to little bore cooling. Yet, just because it is German, it doesn't mean it can't be high flow. Alphacool's NexXxos XP is a high flow block (and so are ones made by Cool Cases, for example), just like we have our high and low flow concentrations. The only one thing I would define "German" cooling by is the small tubing size.

ab-l-7-4x4.jpg

what u guys think about this?

Pooky said:
No. I tested the pump's head pressure outside and It's not what I'd call loud. I used to use the Laing D4, that's what I'd call loud.

I am using the Innovatek HPPS (basically and Eheim 1046 with 5.5 feet of head pressure, sort of like an Aquastream) now, and will be until I build the new setup, and it is silent. I honestly can't tell if it's on by listneing to it, only by holding it can I feel it hum.

I happen to agree completely with what R1ckCa1n stated, I used to use 1/2" ID tubing, a Laing D4 and Dtek's spiral. A friend of mine showed me Aqua Computer parts, and then said they were pretty but useless, since they cool worse than the bigger setup, but I didn't care. I bought a bunch of them through SNT, and now I'm hopelessly addicted to little bore cooling. Yet, just because it is German, it doesn't mean it can't be high flow. Alphacool's NexXxos XP is a high flow block (and so are ones made by Cool Cases, for example), just like we have our high and low flow concentrations. The only one thing I would define "German" cooling by is the small tubing size.

The pumps are not loud. Either of them. BUT they have to be used correctly in the best set up for the pump used. The DDC is ment for smaller tubing diameters and the D4 if for more of an open flow large tube set up. Most people that have had noise with the D4 have a block or tubing or a fitting somewhere that is causing back pressure of the pump and it make them whine. I run a D4 and not a peep. In fact run several and not a peep. But I have and set up a very unrestricted H2o system in mine and others.

Shoggy said:

Nice pics, but Gerglish hard to follow. What was the block they tested against? Why didn't they test against AlphaCool, which I thought to be their main competition in this design?

Too bad Kyle won't do any A-C reviews until >4 distributors in USA, but I see his point. Though it is kind of like declining to do a review on a $100,000 Mercedes because not many can buy it :rolleyes:

R1ckCa1n said:
I have to agree with how AC views the products they rep. When spending $500-$1000 to cool a computer with AC, you expect it to be almost silent AND look purdy. This is why I buy their products. If I wanted the best cooling, I would go with loud pumps with 3/4" ID tubing and twenty fans running full blast. I perfer two 120mm fans on a radiator running 6volts and a silent pump.

DITTO :D

Does anyone know if the # 32030 airplex evo 120 grill for Chieftech Big-Tower fits in the back of the Lian-Li PC-75 case? You can go here to look up the part number and see a pic if you don't know what this is. :)

i think IT trade is quite expensive for shipping oversea

they charge 35euro for shipping just for 1 aqua tube and 1 aqua bay + 3.5% to 4% for international orders handing fee, that is shipping to HK

nigely said:
i think IT trade is quite expensive for shipping oversea

they charge 35euro for shipping just for 1 aqua tube and 1 aqua bay + 3.5% to 4% for international orders handing fee, that is shipping to HK

Well that depends entirely on how you pay him. Also if you have the means to just tell him to pack it up and you'll send your customs broker by to pick it up. Less paperwork = less charges :D

Top Nurse said:
Well that depends entirely on how you pay him. Also if you have the means to just tell him to pack it up and you'll send your customs broker by to pick it up. Less paperwork = less charges :D

i already paid leftclicks.co.uk to get the aqua computer stuff, the shipping charge is 26 pound for 2kg, and they have the stuff in stock
SNT has the lowest shipping charge, but i dont want to wait for months, i cant wait to get the stuff

Top Nurse said:
Does anyone know if the # 32030 airplex evo 120 grill for Chieftech Big-Tower fits in the back of the Lian-Li PC-75 case? You can go here to look up the part number and see a pic if you don't know what this is. :)

Somehow I don't think amny people are using that part and have a PC75 to check. Buy and try? My PC7077 has a 120mm backplate that's in my PC75, do they sell the backlplates alone? That will hold a rad.

nigely said:
i already paid leftclicks.co.uk to get the aqua computer stuff, the shipping charge is 26 pound for 2kg, and they have the stuff in stock
SNT has the lowest shipping charge, but i dont want to wait for months, i cant wait to get the stuff

$50 for 4.5 pounds via AIR shipment sounds pretty reasonable to me.
Sharka Corp does sell internationally, but I don't know exactly where he is in regards to becoming a full stocking A-C dealer. He just got me and some other [H] denizens some stuff for a "trial" order to assess delivery status and A-C quality before committing.

Pooky said:
Somehow I don't think amny people are using that part and have a PC75 to check. Buy and try? My PC7077 has a 120mm backplate that's in my PC75, do they sell the backlplates alone? That will hold a rad.

I think that Eve at JCL can get any part that Lian-Li makes if she doesn't have it in stock. She usually only gets one container load from Lian-Li per month so I might have to wait a while. I'm going to see the Luxor pyramid case next week up in Brea so I think I will have her get me one. :)

Top Nurse said:

The Evo 120 PSU Grill does not fit any case besides the Chieftec cases that are listed for it. The Dimensions just dont match up.

-Dan

Hey Dan did you know that your companies (SNT-Systems and SNT Mods) appear to be down? No ping, nada, nothing, the big zippo, like dead for over 24 hours :confused: Tried from multiple physical sites today while I was traveling around seeing friends. Last night I started getting a "time out" error and today I have been getting those interspersed with site not found. All your pics of your modded Aquatube posted on the A-C site also do not show.

I did a Whois search and the server you have listed on your domain registration pings just fine and can even bring up the PW/Login page for that server at NS1.velcom.com. The problem seems to be with your site (206.53.60.2) and not any problem with the internet. The following log is from Visual Route 2005.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Hop | %Loss | IP Address | Node Name | Location | Tzone | ms | Graph | Network |
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 0 | | 4.47.29.4 | jk-main | * | | | | Earthlink EARTHLINK-47-29-22 |
| 1 | | 4.47.28.1 | lsanca1-ar3-4-47-028-001.lsanca1.elnk.dsl.genuity.net | ?Pasadena, CA, USA | -08:00 | 24 | x- | Earthlink EARTHLINK-47-10-18 |
| 2 | | 4.0.1.85 | - | ?Broomfield, CO, USA | -07:00 | 24 | x- | Level 3 Communications, Inc. LVLT-ORG-4-8 |
| 3 | | 4.24.4.25 | so-3-1.hsa9.LosAngeles2.Level3.net | Los Angeles, CA, USA | -08:00 | 24 | x- | Level 3 Communications, Inc. LVLT-ORG-4-8 |
| 4 | | 4.24.5.49 | so-6-0.core1.LosAngeles2.Level3.net | Los Angeles, CA, USA | -08:00 | 25 | x- | Level 3 Communications, Inc. LVLT-ORG-4-8 |
| 5 | | 64.159.4.29 | so-6-2-0-100.xlsanca17-level3.bbnplanet.net | Los Angeles, CA, USA | -08:00 | 24 | x- | Level 3 Communications, Inc. LC-ORG-ARIN |
| 6 | | 4.68.96.82 | so-0-0-0.gar2.LosAngeles1.Level3.net | Los Angeles, CA, USA | -08:00 | 24 | x- | Level 3 Communications, Inc. LVLT-ORG-4-8 |
| 7 | | 4.68.127.190 | - | ?Broomfield, CO, USA | -07:00 | 24 | x- | Level 3 Communications, Inc. LVLT-ORG-4-8 |
| 8 | | 206.24.194.106 | dcr4.NewYork.savvis.net | New York, NY, USA | -05:00 | 92 | x | Savvis SAVVIS |
| 9 | | 208.174.228.22 | aer1-port-channel-2-0.NewYork.savvis.net | New York, NY, USA | -05:00 | 106 | x------ | Savvis SAVVIS |
| 10 | | 204.70.151.142 | - | ?Cary, NC | | 93 | x | Savvis SAVVIS |
| ... | | | | | | | | |
| ? | | 206.53.60.2 | www.snt-systems.com | ?(Canada) | -05:00 | | | Rcp.net VELCOM |
Roundtrip time to 204.70.151.142, average = 93ms, min = 92ms, max = 96ms -- Apr 3, 2005 10:58:08 PM

Hope things work out okay :)

Dan,

I sent you an email a few days ago, no response yet so I'll try here. When might you have a 360mm grill in stock? I need to get one for my new setup.

Thanks.

Just got an e-mail back from Franz at IT-Trade and he has added the Cuplex XT info to the retail/wholesale export list this morning :D He said the initial shipment of XT's gotten late last week were all sold immediately and shipped this morning. He says that another shipment of them from Aqua-Computer is expected around Wednesday. So if you want any of these coolers you can go to Sharka Corp and call Wes or E-mail him with the contact info listed on the site. I instructed Wes to hold my shipment until they can ship a XT along with it so if ya want anything you got an extra day or so to get any orders in. :D

[S]nt|Mods said:
The Evo 120 PSU Grill does not fit any case besides the Chieftec cases that are listed for it. The Dimensions just dont match up.

Thanks Dan for the info. :) It kind of looked like it wouldn't fit, but I was hoping someone had made it work :(

The SNT sites are both Back up. The server that they are housed on had a HSF go bad (yea I know Its not H2o cooled) and one of the opterons in the dually unit died. So the CPU and all had to be replaced. But its all good now beings that we are back up and running on new procs now.

Peace

The Cpt.

Just spoke with Wes at Sharka Corp and order goes into IT-Trade tonight and will be invoiced tomorrow. Bank transfer should take about a day and then the shipment will be picked up by Sharka's customs brokerage service in Austria for delivery to USA. :p :D

Captin Insano said:
The SNT sites are both Back up. The server that they are housed on had a HSF go bad (yea I know Its not H2o cooled) and one of the opterons in the dually unit died. So the CPU and all had to be replaced. But its all good now beings that we are back up and running on new procs now.

That's nice! How come SNT just didn't bring up the backup site while the hardware was being fixed?

Captin Insano said:

You guys should check out these Koolance server cases.

The servers that are used are top notch units. Cooled just fine with 2 opteron Cpu's 3gigs of memory and a terabyte of space. But as anything can happen when man made things are in use (as they are most all times) It did happen. Its fixed and done now we are new and back on track. So from there we go.

Captin Insano said:
The servers that are used are top notch units. Cooled just fine with 2 opteron Cpu's 3gigs of memory and a terabyte of space. But as anything can happen when man made things are in use (as they are most all times) It did happen. Its fixed and done now we are new and back on track. So from there we go.

So I gather you are using a VPS or Dedicated server? Just curious as to why a small webshop would need such a powerful computer or is it for the game server?

Top Nurse said:
Just spoke with Wes at Sharka Corp and order goes into IT-Trade tonight and will be invoiced tomorrow. Bank transfer should take about a day and then the shipment will be picked up by Sharka's custom brokerage service in Austria for delivery to USA. :p :D

german receving bank will charge 45euro for bank transfer, i dont know about austria
leftclicks.co.uk accept paypal payment

Of course you've noticed that the SNT site is back online and I am now accepting email once again. If your emails go unanswered for more than 3 days please resend since some data loss was expected from the remote server going down.

I have no idea what happened besides that I was told that a hardware failure had occured and tech support was on it for more than 36 hours.

The above server that Insano was refering to was one of the 3 dedicated servers that SNT runs stuff on, its also a server at his location.

Im working on getting a few more 360 grills and some other items boxed up before they are released. As of right now I know that a few items were not delivered by AC to my distributor for this shipment.

The following are backordered (with notes):

1 pcs 21130 mounting evo xeon (arrival 7th)
2 pcs 23371 aquagrATIX 800 (no eta (waiting for statement from AC))
6 pcs 23362 aquagrafx 6800 (no eta (waiting for statement from AC))
4 pcs 93095 frontplate aquadrive black (no eta (waiting for statement from AC))
2 pcs 93100 front plate aquastream silver (no eta (waiting for statement from AC))
1 pcs cuplex evo A64 blue (arrival 7th)
4 pcs 5044 silentstar hd dual (no eta (waiting for statement from watercool distributor))
4 pcs 16703 valve (no eta (waiting for statement from watercool distributor))
2 pcs 12613 nexxxos cover (no eta (waiting for statement from watercool distributor))

Hopefully the above items will be ready to ship when the Cuplex XT is again available.

I'll keep you folks updated.

-Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back