Techreport CS:S benchmarks (good ones)

sativa said:
hey i emailed the admin and asked why i was banned... here's the response i got

I would class "you guys must have used a GT" as quite incorrect.

anyway its not open for discussion, we have had 100 1 post users just
posting crap all over the forums many with the same IP. ive no
patience left to deal with it.

have a nice weekend.

--
Kind Regards,
Allan "Zardon" Campbell
www.driverheaven.net site owner.

funny how i'm responsible for other newly registered members. I only registered one account at DH.

Also funny because i didn't say "you must have used a GT."
look at my above screenshots to see the post that got me banned.

oh yeah and here's a screenshot of his email to me
http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=111711

Wow talk about BS

DH is doing what it always does they won't own up to anything.....

OldPueblo said:
Whats with all the editing here?

LOL..don't forget the deleted posts from the first page.

Interesting results. Would be nice if some of them were 1/2 way close to each other. Guess we will have to wait until the game ships.

Spank said:
need someone with a x800 to bench there fps hit with all vs world, i wonder if there are any ati ppl still browsing this board though :(

They typically get run off this board by a mob of people trashing them, but I will give it a try.

edit: Here are some X800 Pro results (A64 3500+ 1gig RAM)

1024 x 768 0x AA 8x AF 131.73fps (world)
1024 x 768 0x AA 16x AF 139.75fps (world)

1024 x 768 0x AA 8x AF 115.96fps (reflect all)
1024 x 768 0x AA 16x AF 115.37fps (reflect all)

1024 x 768 4x AA 8x AF 122.76fps (world)
1024 x 768 4x AA 16x AF 118.18fps (world)

1024 x 768 4x AA 8x AF 110.11fps (reflect all)
1024 x 768 4x AA 16x AF 106.35fps (reflect all)

rancor said:
Wow talk about BS

DH is doing what it always does they won't own up to anything.....

Same thing happens at NVnews and Rage everyday......

pxc said:
it's not new for boards to ban people for pointing out mistakes.

<me runs away now> ;)
;) ;)

i'm installing windows on my new athlon64 / 6800GT now, so i'm glad to see the GT and pro are pretty much even.

1024 x 768 0x AA 8x AF 131.73fps (world)
1024 x 768 0x AA 16x AF 139.75fps (world)

Either turning on 16xAF on your card disables AF all together, or there is something funky going on there.

R1ckCa1n said:
edit: Here are some X800 Pro results (A64 3500+ 1gig RAM)

great, thx

looks like you drop around 10% like Fallguy with his gt

sativa said:
hey i emailed the admin and asked why i was banned... here's the response i got

I would class "you guys must have used a GT" as quite incorrect.

anyway its not open for discussion, we have had 100 1 post users just
posting crap all over the forums many with the same IP. ive no
patience left to deal with it.

have a nice weekend.

--
Kind Regards,
Allan "Zardon" Campbell
www.driverheaven.net site owner.

funny how i'm responsible for other newly registered members. I only registered one account at DH.

Also funny because i didn't say "you must have used a GT."
look at my above screenshots to see the post that got me banned.

oh yeah and here's a screenshot of his email to me
http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=111711
heh yeah, thats why i never go there. all the more reason to get my news ffrom hardocp and hardforums.

The Batman said:
X-Bit dropped the ball big time in that huge round-up article of theirs. The Pro was beating the GT in Call of FREAKING Duty. I believe people at hard found that someting with the Nvidia was optomizations was off or something. Too bad too, Xbit was one of my favorites [still is for everything besides video benchs]. If they had just issued a public apology and fixed their benchs like Anand did all would be peachy. Honestly, I'm starting to get REALLY jaded against most hardware reviews sites weather they are neutral or pro-Nvida and ATI. Like in Elvis's sig, the best benchmarker is you yourself.
agreed, thats why i now really only use hardocp and anandtech for reviews. i would review parts myself, im just a little short of funds for that type of spending. i trusted this site and forum when i got my 9800pro and now that im getting a GT along with all my other parts and i am 100% happy so keep up the good work everybody.

Tobyus said:
Either turning on 16xAF on your card disables AF all together, or there is something funky going on there.

yeah... just checked my notes and they are reversed.

Mojo said:
I don't believe any of these shit-marks. I'll wait until OCP, Anandtech, or Xbit come out with benchmarks. Then judge the cards from their offerings. Might as well trust a reliable source.

The Tech-Report is a very reliable source. Good community there too...you should try visiting sometime.

beck192 said:
The Tech-Report is a very reliable source. Good community there too...you should try visiting sometime.

You know what I think I will. I've been using them ever since the launch of the NV40 and now that I think of it they've never spiked my BS meter. Do you hang out there yourself and if you do what's your username.

now we need some tfc: source benchmarks :). I believe the benchmark's that show the xt-pe up by 20%, but I won't know til I see them side by side. I like tech report hard and anand, but I do visit toms and firingsquad when the other 3 don't have new content.

R1ckCa1n said:
Same thing happens at NVnews and Rage everyday......

I got banned from nvnews for pointing out a spelling mistake by MikeC...not that I mind...that place is a little too one-sided anyways...

The Batman said:
You know what I think I will. I've been using them ever since the launch of the NV40 and now that I think of it they've never spiked my BS meter. Do you hang out there yourself and if you do what's your username.

Yup, I hang out there all the time. It's my first hardware site checked, usually, along with anand and [H]. Oh, and my username is Technophobe. I'm usually the one asking for help. ;)

Oh, and I've in general found their testing methods to be generally the most consistent and accurate, though Hard's "max playable" is interesting.

pxc said:
Partly bias towards certain cards at different times and B7 for a long time because of Tom's rant after 9/11.

Well ive been at the [H] for long time, off and on. What I remember is the accusation that Toms was very Intel biased with no good cause.

Ive not heard anything about what the 9/11 thing...did he say something really inapropriate? Anyone have a better recolection or more info?

Steel Chicken said:
Well ive been at the [H] for long time, off and on. What I remember is the accusation that Toms was very Intel biased with no good cause.

Ive not heard anything about what the 9/11 thing...did he say something really inapropriate? Anyone have a better recolection or more info?

I was wondering the same thing...I went and read his 911 post...it was in the archives...didn't see anything inappropriate...

Steel Chicken said:

Tom went on a rant as to how people should keep to hardware, and not say anything about their country or what happens to their people, as a result of Kyle posting news updates of 9/11 on the front page (since MSNBC/etc were swamped).

It wasn't pretty.

Kind of off topic, but with people talking about the 6.5 drivers for Nvidia..

Any place where I can get them? (Or did they offically release?)

I saw someone mention this on another forum and I checked and it seems to make sense. Has anyone noticed that the benchmarks that used SP1 (FiringSquad & Vr-Zone) see there being a much wider margin between the x800s and 6800s, while the benchmarks that used SP2 (Tech-Report & X-Bit Labs) show a much closer margin between the x800s and 6800s. I guess thats why people in the forums are getting much higher results despite having similar systems to what are used in the benchmark articles.

The Batman said:

We love the Tech Report around here. At least I do. Scott Wasson used to be Kyle's standin before Steve signed up. He was a member of Ars Technica before leaving to start up Tech Report. I don't doubt his reviews/opinions because I know they'll make an effort to get it right and run it on the latest hardware/software configurations.

As for Tom's, Kyle and Tom had actually made up before 9/11, but after Tom's rant after 9/11, the [H] and Tom's haven't been friendly at all.

Maulenstein said:
Hmm, still Beta..

Anyone use them here? Have you ran into any errors?

Yeah.. it was tough to get the game to run the first day and I get one error in the console when I start up the game.

Back