TEC Owners

Post your setups and pls include:

Name/Model
Wattage
PSU supporting it
Temps
mabye some pics...

I don't think they're in good supply right now. Give it some time. I asked a very similiar question. So I'm interested in the outcome of this aswell.

But a lot of people may not reply if you bump it. I'd give it a few hours.

IMO unless you travel alot to like lan parties or move your PC alot its a more a hassle than good. If you never move your PC and want sub zero temps build a chiller and run a bench rig. If you want sub zero temps and move get a prommie and a wheel cart thing :p

I run a MCW50-T on my 9800pro (if this counts)
80w
480w True running it.
It bumped up temps around 3c

:D

northbridge water block:

weapon chipset block rev 2.0 :D
n.bridge stays subzero with an 80w pelt

psu that runs it is an external 13.8v 25a from radio shack that I caught on sale for less than 1/2 price -- it will soon supply the juice to a weapon rev 2.0 GPU block with pelt as well as powering the assorted 120mm fans, etc.
see sig for rest of the loop.

cpu is cooled with phase change.

Originally posted by DiseasedCow
Post your setups and pls include:

Name/Model
Wattage
PSU supporting it
Temps
mabye some pics...

226W/24A/15.2V Pelt
Meanwell S-320-12 PSU (12V @ 25A)

Temps vary....but below ambient

Are there any alternative (cheaper) solutions to power a 226w peltier other than a meanwell?

Nice and informative link, although it doesnt look to hard to build my own psu..., I would never trust running it in my comp which I invested enough money into. Looks like I will have to go meanwell.

Can meanwells support multiple 226W peltiers? (as in 2 of them)

each meanwell will only run a single pelt.....it can only supply 25A and each 226W pelt takes 24A+

No, but you could get a much cheaper power supply to run that 80 watt off of, if you wanted. Theres a few electronics catalouges online that you could pour through, and probably find some good deals.

Check out http://www.jameco.com. I bought a 100 watt [email protected] psu there for about 30 or 35 bucks, if i remember (for a completely unrelated project).

PWR SUPPLY, SWITCH,156W [email protected],UL/TUV/CE

Jameco #199515
Mfg Ref #GLOBTEKRT-3S150-24 59.95 USD

Hmmmm ...

But with the 80w Peltiers, unlike the bigger 226w, you could run those on a good 500w system right?

My system has a 500w psu, with good performance accuracy, and a 12v rail of 21A or 22A. My system was stable at a 12V rail of 10A.

Don't pelts usually run at 15v anyway?

Also 500watts in your system psu is for all the voltage lines added up. Usually alot of that is taken up by the 5v line.

Originally posted by Pherret
Don't pelts usually run at 15v anyway?

Also 500watts in your system psu is for all the voltage lines added up. Usually alot of that is taken up by the 5v line.

I know. But the peltier would only be 80w. And the 12v line is 22amp (the only thing that really matters). The system runs on about 10-11amps (on the 12v rail) underload.

boot up is "under load" from the power supply perspective... it's when you draw the most juice.

Back