Team RWBY coming to Smite!!

mvmiller12

[H]ard|Gawd
Official RWBY Twitter account

Smite Reddit

The short of it: Ruby, Weiss, Blake and Yang will have skins in Smite. HiRez (now Titan Forge) Games confirmed in the Smite Reddit that these will be skins for existing gods and not entirely new playable characters. They have, however, confirmed that these skins will look just like (and have effects from) in the show and be voiced by their respective voice actresses.

---------

Smite, for those unfamiliar with it, is a free-to-play 3rd-Person action MOBA. This means it uses WASD keys to move, and mouse to aim and shoot. The game is available on PC through the Steam store. The game is also available for XBOX One, PS4 and Nintendo Switch with crossplay enabled for all systems EXCEPT the PS4, 'cuz Sony.

The game is free, but you get about 14 of the 105 characters to play for free (7 fixed and 7 that rotate every couple of weeks). You can unlock the others through the free in-game currency, by purchasing them using "gems" (real money), or by a one-time purchase of the "God Pack" DLC that unlocks all current and future characters in the game (usually $30). There is also a free texture pack DLC that improves the games textures for 1440p and 4k resolution players. You can buy recolor skins and most emotes (like hand waving and clapping) for all characters with the in-game currency.

Warning: Voice packs, special emotes such as dances, and other things for the characters can only be purchased using "gems." The game also has loot box mechanics via "chest rolls."

Despite all of that, it's still the only game I have been playing regularly for over 5 years now. As a RWBY fan and a Smite fan, I'm so stoked I thought I'd share. :)

Last edited:
Back