Team Fortress 2 Servers do not appear for me in Steam

calikool

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok, I just recently purchased the Orange box and wanted to play TF2. Everything installed correctly. I fired up the game and go to the server list and to my surprise not one damn server was listed.

That's odd that no servers appear. Close down the game, start DOD source and I have no issues finding game servers to play on. Quit DOD and start TF2, and no servers show up.

WTF?

Are different ports being used? I haven't really had to configure my firewall for Quake3, UnrealTourney 2007, or other titles.

I have Zone Alarm Firewall and D-Link 4500 router.

Its quite possible that you aren't in the correct tab or have some sort of filter which forces it to not show things within those parameters. Otherwise, thats an odd issue.

I remember someone else posting they had this problem. could probably find something out on google.

this used to happen to me, havent seen it happen recently.

just restart the game and try again. a few times i just had to come back later. it seemed like the game couldnt connect to the master server. usually worked again after a few tries.

Zone Alarm is pretty picky. Make sure you go in and manually allow HL2.exe to run and connect to the internet.

When you are not getting any servers when you fresh, can you still get on the internet with your web browser and such?

When you are not getting any servers when you fresh, can you still get on the internet with your web browser and such?

Yes. Internet browsing and other online games would work fine.

Zone Alarm is pretty picky. Make sure you go in and manually allow HL2.exe to run and connect to the internet.

I had to do this a year ago when I started playing Day of Defeat Source. So that one can be scratched off.

this used to happen to me, havent seen it happen recently.

just restart the game and try again. a few times i just had to come back later. it seemed like the game couldnt connect to the master server. usually worked again after a few tries.

I think loosing access to Master Server is the issue. I tried to play the game today and the server list was empty. I do not have any filters at all right now. I clicked on the custom tab and server tab back and forth. After a minute or so, like magic the servers started to trickle in and I was able to play online. I suppose if the server don't show up I will continue to close the application and try back later. :D

Back