Tablet, Laptop, Netbook... Hmm

overlord20

Gawd
Right now I have a 1005HAB Eee PC. I am looking into a tablet or something different.

So I was thinking of moving from my netbook to a faster netbook, tablet, or fullsize.

For a tablet/netbook combo, coming out is the Dell Inspiron Duo but the reviews aren't looking promising with the touch.

For netbooks, I would get the upgrade (two core) version of the 1005hab.

If I were to get a fullsize it would most likely be the Acer Timeline as they seem to the X in small light fullsize.

Uses: This will be used mostly for school and travel as I have a work horse at home for gaming and such. The tablet must run windows 7 as I code for school and on free time as well as working on website frequently and don't like OSX. Also write papers and use excel a lot. Being able to run some other basic programs would be helpful too.

My questions to you.

1. Are there any good windows based tablets out or coming out that can handle my needs?
2) What is your opinion on what I should get.

Windows tablets? Not really. You're doing a lot of writing, and if you're going to have a hardware keyboard you might as well get a regular notebook. The HP Slate has an onscreen keyboard, but from what I've seen it'd make the iPad's keyboard look good.

What's your budget? You could consider the Toshiba Portege R700/R705 if you can spend $800-900. Full notebook processors, but it's three pounds even with a built-in optical drive.

I'm a bit leery of Acer just because it doesn't have a great reputation for quality.

I seen the Toshiba at best buy.. Seemed flimsy. But it would be perfect.

The Thinkpad Edge 13". I couldn't find the wait and I like Lenovo/IBM. Has anyone herd anything on it?

Back