T-Mobile offering 1 year free AAA membership

Valuable indeed. You can get tire changes done, a gallon of gasoline in case if you run dry in your tank, or locksmith services for your vehicle. You can also get towing.

Just keep in mind, though, that the "basic" membership only covers up to 3 miles of towing. Anything beyond that and you have to pay per mile.

Valuable indeed. You can get tire changes done, a gallon of gasoline in case if you run dry in your tank, or locksmith services for your vehicle. You can also get towing.

Just keep in mind, though, that the "basic" membership only covers up to 3 miles of towing. Anything beyond that and you have to pay per mile.
I've had AAA for decades now after I moved away from home since I had no one I could call for help anymore.

And while it was great in its hayday, it royally sucks today. Tows take hours to the point I could have walked to my destination and back. Even a jump start was hours. If it wasn't for the discounts that its gotten me on hotel stays (AAA is usually the highest tier and I knew this even before because my family owned and operated hotels), I would have dropped it. For roadside assistance, it's no longer a good deal--and this is coming from someone who has the highest tier whatever that may be.

I've had AAA for decades now after I moved away from home since I had no one I could call for help anymore.

And while it was great in its hayday, it royally sucks today. Tows take hours to the point I could have walked to my destination and back. Even a jump start was hours. If it wasn't for the discounts that its gotten me on hotel stays (AAA is usually the highest tier and I knew this even before because my family owned and operated hotels), I would have dropped it. For roadside assistance, it's no longer a good deal--and this is coming from someone who has the highest tier whatever that may be.
Towing is expensive. The idea that the value of AAA is gone because they aren't speedy is laughable to me, and could only come from a place of privilege (which you admit in your post, so at least you're not being subversive).

Towing is expensive. The idea that the value of AAA is gone because they aren't speedy is laughable to me, and could only come from a place of privilege (which you admit in your post, so at least you're not being subversive).
lol, if you can wait 6hrs+ for a tow, then have at it. As one of their 'important' customers with my purchased level of service and it's this bad, I'd hate to see what the regular product would be.

AAA Premier member. Says since 2014 but it lapsed a year. More like 1999 back when Plus was the top tier.

The last time I used them was 04/25 of this year. From the time I opened the ticket on the app to when the truck arrived it was 31 minutes. They towed me and my wife's van 14 miles to the dealer. Zero trouble at all. Back when I used to drive 6 hours round trip every weekend for a piece of tail they brought my small block swapped, lowered 87 blazer back from just outside Orlando to Fort Pierce. It was 109 miles. He wrote me for 98 and I gave him a 12 pack. That truck took about an hour to reach me on Memorial Day weekend. I miss that blazer. It was complexly obnoxious in all the right ways. Twin flow masters to match the twin 15" Pioneer Premier subs I had in the back. Was on Monte Carlo SS wheels. $99 gloss black paint job. I could set off every car alarm in the Publix parking lot on demand.

AAA is no better or worse than the local tow companies they use. It's worth it to me knowing my wife (who I work about an hour away from) can click 3 buttons on a cellphone app and get help if she needs it. My two teenage daughters that are hitting the road will also have it.

Sometimes your time is more valuable than a local tow. Thankfully, we haven't had to use the AAA service yet but nothing worse than being stuck somewhere and waiting hours for someone to come help.

AAA Premier member. Says since 2014 but it lapsed a year. More like 1999 back when Plus was the top tier.

The last time I used them was 04/25 of this year. From the time I opened the ticket on the app to when the truck arrived it was 31 minutes. They towed me and my wife's van 14 miles to the dealer. Zero trouble at all. Back when I used to drive 6 hours round trip every weekend for a piece of tail they brought my small block swapped, lowered 87 blazer back from just outside Orlando to Fort Pierce. It was 109 miles. He wrote me for 98 and I gave him a 12 pack. That truck took about an hour to reach me on Memorial Day weekend. I miss that blazer. It was complexly obnoxious in all the right ways. Twin flow masters to match the twin 15" Pioneer Premier subs I had in the back. Was on Monte Carlo SS wheels. $99 gloss black paint job. I could set off every car alarm in the Publix parking lot on demand.

AAA is no better or worse than the local tow companies they use. It's worth it to me knowing my wife (who I work about an hour away from) can click 3 buttons on a cellphone app and get help if she needs it. My two teenage daughters that are hitting the road will also have it.
Good point on the towing service being only as good as the local tow companies. I've worked with some of them directly for the MF chikfila tresspassers and none of them make it on time even though it's a solid $300 once they impound the car.

Uhm, this "promo" is over a year old, so not news.

The biggest advantage is: through AAA you get access to one of Samsung's EPP Portals..

Every time I try to complete enrollment I'm told my promo code is invalid. Boo.

My parents used to use AAA, they never praised it or anything. Was nice when it worked, waiting sucks, being stuck in the middle of nowhere sucks more.

Get AMA Roadside assistance if you have a bike, they do cars and motorcycles, AAA doesn't (although you might get lucky if one of the companies they use decides to do you a solid).

Recently, my car wouldn't move out of my garage because the battery discharged -- probably my fault. AAA turned out to be pretty much useless because they would only help with a new battery on the condition that the new battery would be sold to me by AAA. I wanted a specific kind of battery from Walmart, so I decided to ignore AAA. It's even possible that I saved money, because I don't know how AAA prices their batteries.

Long time customer with my insurance company. We had tow insurance for years, I think we used it twice when a vehicle at the house wasn't safe to drive to the mechanic. This year the broker let us know the company we insure with was dropping tow service and that others in my area had done the same. She said the only option in our area, if tow insurance was important to us, was to get AAA.

Back