SWTOR Launches in 8 Days! This is how you make a lot of Credits early!

Well, 8 days and it's time to block SWTOR out of my life forever!

The beta was a failure, terrible game. Pacing is off, voice acting is monotonous and annoying, gameplay is lackluster, gfx bland and 6 years old, and the dev's don't give a shit. They just want to push this thing out so they can make their money and then move onto the next money grab.

Have fun in your shitty MMO.

The beta was a failure, terrible game. Pacing is off, voice acting is monotonous and annoying, gameplay is lackluster, gfx bland and 6 years old, and the dev's don't give a shit. They just want to push this thing out so they can make their money and then move onto the next money grab.

I liked the beta and will most likely sub. To each their own.

Angry kid is angry.

Nah, not angry, and anyone prepping to do what you are prepping to do can be qualified for "no life losers" as well. ;)

Just a jaded beta veteran. Seriously, enjoy it while it lasts, but you're only enjoying it because it is Star Wars(which is a valid reason) not because it's a good game in the least.

Nah, not angry, and anyone prepping to do what you are prepping to do can be qualified for "no life losers" as well. ;)

Just a jaded beta veteran. Seriously, enjoy it while it lasts, but you're only enjoying it because it is Star Wars(which is a valid reason) not because it's a good game in the least.

I actually enjoyed it for the gameplay :p

And let's keep the "no life" arguements to a minimum.

I also enjoyed the gameplay. Just because people like it doesn't make them no life losers.

Been in the beta for over a year and I will be subbing. The graphics aren't bad, say what you will but the design team did an excellent job. I remember when eq2 and wow hit the market and everyone laughed at how bad wow's graphics were and how eq2 was going to be the MMO to beat because of its graphics and it's predecessor eq1. Didn't work out so well for eq2 did it.

Voice acting? Never got monotounous and made the quests more personable. Don't like the voice acting then skip it. Pretty simple concept and it is very nice they give you a choice.

Pacing off? Hardly. It was some of the best I've been around in over a decade of modern mmo's. It was pretty rough at the beginning but the tweaks they've made over the last year changed it to one of the better I've seen since DAoC.

Developers don't care? Now you're just trolling. Literally haven't been more involved with a group of developers more concerned about providing a top notch experience ever. The amount of feedback given to closed testers, the surveys, the changes, and direction they went based off internal and closed tester feedback rivals that of DAoC and Earth and Beyond. While E&B failed miserably it was an excellent atmosphere for testers and this beta was similar.

Gameplay lackluster? True it isn't anything mind blowing but I haven't played a game in a long time that would fit that description. It is standard MMO fare with a viable single player path to walk down. The story lines range from above average to excellent, the pvp is above average, and the perks given for various play styles is IMO a welcome change of pace.

These are just my experiences based on over 14 months of internal beta testing.

Your perception of a fun game is different than others. Using words to incite a reaction really has no place. You can discuss the game and be civil at the same time y'know.

Pretty much this.

Yea you don't sound angry at all.

I've beta'd since July 2010 on an alpha phase, and May 2011 on full-time beta testing... I don't like star wars but like the game. Also, your definition of a life is not what everyone else's is. P.S. You sound angry.

not sure if ill sub, ill decide by the weekend. if i do decide, will i still be able to pre-order and get the early-early access?

I'll sub even though I'm a casual gamer (and in a bad timezone for guilds - GMT+8).

maybe someone else forgot to cancel pre-order too, just helping out

I'm going to keep my pre-order CE and hope I can sell it later on for a profit.

I didn't like the beta at all, but if I can make some cash from someone who does then I'm all for it.

I've beta'd since July 2010 on an alpha phase, and May 2011 on full-time beta testing... I don't like star wars but like the game. Also, your definition of a life is not what everyone else's is. P.S. You sound angry.

That's fine, I also wasn't defining "a life", nor was I sounding angry.

Care to elaborate with your friends what exactly about my post "sounds angry"? Just because someone doesn't agree, doesn't mean they are angry. ;)

That's fine, I also wasn't defining "a life", nor was I sounding angry.

Care to elaborate with your friends what exactly about my post "sounds angry"? Just because someone doesn't agree, doesn't mean they are angry. ;)

Seriously, enjoy it while it lasts, but you're only enjoying it because it is Star Wars(which is a valid reason) not because it's a good game in the least.

You're telling people why they're enjoying a game.

That's like me saying you enjoy the passive aggressive approach to trolling.

pre-order canceled. thanks for reminder op.

Well with a million US pre orders alone even if 100k cancel this will still be the most successful launch for any MMO in history. So for those that cancel you are the minority :)

Well with a million US pre orders alone even if 100k cancel this will still be the most successful launch for any MMO in history. So for those that cancel you are the minority :)

Yeah, actually that's 1 million physical US-only pre-orders, not even counting digital ones whicih are going to be a lot, Canada, overseas, etc.

successful for the ones making money off the game.

not successful for people who have to kill 10 boars for a quest

I had put in my pre order code on the day pre orders became available so more then likely I should get to start on the 13th but I really wish they would have done this better since most of us have full time jobs familes etc... and need to plan for it.

I would not be surprised if they end up sending out emails over the weekend for the start dates with the way they bave been doing last minute changes! Looking forward to the game I had a blast in Beta.

Oh, so the whole game is about killing 10 boars? lets forget about everything else....right.

I must have missed that quest. It must be a rare one because I did not see any boars. Wonder if it gives good lootz

Worked for every other MMORPG that's been released and successful, so someone's doing something right :)

Back