Swiftech Kit Water Loss

ProOC

Limp Gawd
I have the Swiftech H20-22500-AV kit that is the enclosed style without a res and it seems that a lot of the water has mysteriously disappeared, but theres still enough for the water to pump through because its still pumping and cooling, I mean it has gone up a few degrees, but it's still doing a way better job that air.

So is this common and do I have to fill and bleed it again? I'm assuming it is going to continue to lose water so I am going to have to, but what is the deal here.

I see no signs of leakage. If it has been leaking it was very very very small amounts and it evaporated. I don't know what to think that's why I am posting this here.

Thanks.

You may have had some bubbles trapped in the cooling loop. Bleed the system again for an hour and you should be all right.

So should I completely drain the system for better results or can I just hook up the fill and bleed and plug the pump in and let it run for 24 hours or so to get the bubbles out?

I ordered some more hydrx solution so I could wait for that and completely drain and refill it with new water and hydrx.

sure its not leaking?

Check em all,, i guess somewhere near your suction area has a leek if you see bubbles.

Originally posted by ProOC
So should I completely drain the system for better results or can I just hook up the fill and bleed and plug the pump in and let it run for 24 hours or so to get the bubbles out?

I ordered some more hydrx solution so I could wait for that and completely drain and refill it with new water and hydrx.

Just add more water... There's no need to drain it. You could try tightening all the connections in case you have a tiny leak that's evaporating some water. Also, what kind of tubing do you have? Silicone-based tubing will lose some water through the tubing itself just because of it's permeability.

Originally posted by maxkilling
sure its not leaking?

Check em all,, i guess somewhere near your suction area has a leek if you see bubbles.

I am sort of suspecting there is a leak near the suction in the pump because I drained the system and refilled and when I first refilled it there was lots of wierd water sloshing sounds near my pump and fill and bleed kit, but I couldn't see a leak of even the tinyest drop.

So I am going to let it get all the tiny bubbles out which are rushing through the lines before I tap it off and set my system back up.

It will be better than it was before I am sure. I just wanted to get some more water in it so the pump didn't start pumping air and dry pumping or whatever and blow up.

if you have some uv dye and black light you can check for the leaks
if you dont have the uv dye go the store and get a highlighter and take the "thing" that holds the ink and soak in some water or put a few drops in your loop and check with a uv light for leaks

this was my exact issue with swiftech. If you still hav ethe plastic pipe fill/bleed system, try replacing it with a bay-res of some kind.

Those pipe kits also seemed to have poor mating of the platic pipe and the quick connects sometimes.

all plastic tubing is permeable to water, some more some less
thinner wall will lose more, thicker wall less

the air in the lines is due to the loss of water through the pipe wall, probably not a leak
just refill

Back