Sweet All-Mesh Case in Black

Wow that looks really cool! I would imagine the inside would get dusty real quick though

It looks very nice....but it would absolutely ruin your airflow--any fan on that case would have zero chance of blowing on/exhausting from any components without some sort of ducting. You sure would get a lot of heat out through convection though...

And its worst enemy: dust!

It's a cool idea, but it'd be a bitch to clean every few days
frown.gif

here are some more and larger pictures of the case --> link

dust is something people already have to deal with. i wouldn't mind the dust
if the mesh allowed cool ambient air to circulate inside the case. the cooler
ambient air is much preferred to the largely hot air the fans re-circulate in
the enclosure. the possibility of added dust is a trade-off you need to weigh
given the cost savings.

although, if you didn't have carpeted floors, you wouldn't have nearly the same amount of dust.

Looks alot like my Cooler master stacker case, mostly see thru at night with the led fans on. I use air cooling and my temps usually hang around 30 - 31 C its a little noisier than a closed case but not unbearably so

astolpho said:
Looks alot like my Cooler master stacker case, mostly see thru at night with the led fans on. I use air cooling and my temps usually hang around 30 - 31 C its a little noisier than a closed case but not unbearably so

did you select quiet components to offset the openness of the mesh case ?

if i go with this, i'm looking at a samsung spinrite HD, xclio PSU, NEC 3450a,
and a replacement of stock fans with quieter units.

xoxide has them in stock. Its an ugly cheap case IMO. its just a plain SECC steel chassis with no polishing, cheap metal frame, etc...

performance-pcs.com has them as well, i personally like them, they just arnt quiet my cup of tea...

I dunno I want to like that case. I guess if it had some filters on it, just to drowned out the lights a bit more. Would have to replace those fans with non lighted ones. I just hate cathodes and bright fans.

HRslammR said:
although, if you didn't have carpeted floors, you wouldn't have nearly the same amount of dust.
...unless you throw in a couple of dogs and toddlers into the mix...

Dillusion said:
xoxide has them in stock. Its an ugly cheap case IMO. its just a plain SECC steel chassis with no polishing, cheap metal frame, etc...
yea the chassis looks cheap as hell....

N H O said:
yea the chassis looks cheap as hell....

why do you say that ?

the construction looks sturdy and rather ordinary. from the pictures, this
model compares favorably to any other in its price range. i don't see any
evidence of a flimsy build. admittedly there is nothing spectacular about
it but also nothing hideous. the mesh plating will improve air flow and
allow for warmer air to vent easily. you wont find this kind of help with
most other cases.

not all the walls are mesh. the side wall where the motherboard is placed
isn't mesh nor is the bottom plate.

Hmm... Probably because it's the same cheap-ass chassis as many of the $25 cases except it has custom side/top/face panels. It would have been better to increase the price and make the interior a little more quality.

Such as this http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=10826&vpn=ST-2688KL&manufacture=nGear Technologies Inc.

Okay, so this is a $40 case, but that's in CAD, and with a powersupply.

Also, the HD section is recessed towards the BACK of the case, which means it'll be a nightmare to change any harddrives installed in this case... might even need to remove the motherboard to upgrade a harddrive.

Mindoculus said:
why do you say that ?

the construction looks sturdy and rather ordinary. from the pictures, this
model compares favorably to any other in its price range. i don't see any
evidence of a flimsy build. admittedly there is nothing spectacular about
it but also nothing hideous. the mesh plating will improve air flow and
allow for warmer air to vent easily. you wont find this kind of help with
most other cases.

not all the walls are mesh. the side wall where the motherboard is placed
isn't mesh nor is the bottom plate.
look, i didnt say anything about the mesh plating nor did i say anything about it bein hideous but even if i did say it was, that would be MY opinion, i juss said the chassis is cheap and there are other cases in the price range that would rather get like the cooler master centurion 5 or the centurion 530/531/532 or even the sonata at a local frys and yes the chassis is the same cheap kind used in the million generic cases that you can find on newegg

Back