Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League (Rocksteady)

Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League opens closed alpha registration

The alpha test for Kill the Justice League runs from December 3- December 5 on Xbox Series X|S, PS5, and PC...places on the test are limited, and all participants must sign an NDA before they're allowed to join...

https://www.suicidesquadgame.com/en-us/v6hj4

Rocksteady hasn’t disappointed me in years, so I’m waiting to make a judgement until I actually play the game myself.
Well, there is only one person left who was with Rocksteady from the beginning, as far as I know. When the original founders left last year, so did a lot of other staff. It isn't the same company that made the Arkham trilogy anymore.

Well, there is only one person left who was with Rocksteady from the beginning, as far as I know. When the original founders left last year, so did a lot of other staff. It isn't the same company that made the Arkham trilogy anymore.

didn't co-founders Sefton Hill and Jamie Walker leave only after most of Suicide Squad was completed?...the game was delayed so whatever changes they made during the last few months obviously did not include Hill and Walker

I was just sent a Steam key for the Closed Alpha Tech Test. Is anyone else invited to this?

I played about an hour of the alpha and I have to admit that I had fun. The traversing is unique to each character (which you can switch to on the fly) and the story so far is excellent. I can't really say much about the graphics since there was an overlay across the screen to prevent leaks. The one thing I will mention is that the Batman Arkham series had several elements (fluid hand to hand combat, detective/puzzle solving, various combat and support gadgets etc) that are just not in this. I understand that it's an entirely new game but I have to be honest, if it's just swinging around shooting guns at enemies this is going to be too shallow for me personally. I'm getting a strong Gotham Knights vibs right now and we all know how that played out. It does have that Rocksteady feel to it though so hopefully the game opens up and gets more interesting when you get deeper in.

Last edited:
It’s live since it has 4 player co op. However, there is enough single player in it to be an offline game. Frankly, I want a SP experience. I would say it reminded me more of Guardians of the Galaxy game than anything. Storyline was pretty good and game has good potential to be a fun one.

Will get it sometime after release once bugs and fixes are in place.

Story details have leaked online and apparently it's laughably bad.

https://www.ign.com/articles/psa-hu...-hit-the-internet-following-closed-test-leaks

Having seen the leaks, this game has the potential to piss a bunch of people off with its story.
Holy shit it is hilariously bad. I am now 100% vested in watching what happens after the game drops, because sweet mericful jesus its gonna be pure salt.
The story sounds fucking wild and I’m actually impressed by the balls they have to do what they’re doing.
This is gonna be Last of Us 2 all over again except this time I dont think its just gonna be the capital G's that get upset. This is going to piss off so many people.

I played the Alpha build and from what I saw the story is pretty good IMO. I'll admit that it was a very small portion of the game but I didn't come away with a negative feeling.

I took it off my Wishlist a few months back people just wanted Gotham city Impostures. Not some 3rd person fast puke game with arenas the size of GTA6.

We Played Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League and Did Not Like it!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7lR4AqMCes

That HUD is everything wrong with modern game design. It looks like the "if Ubisoft made Elden Ring" meme.

1704901184718.png

The gameplay loop looks so generic and boring, but I guess that is to be expected from a GaaS title.

I think it's safe to say this is not the Rocksteady that I loved from the Arkham trilogy...this looks like Rocksteady was forced to make a GaaS game in the same way Arkane was forced to make Redfall

Jason Schreier: New ‘Suicide Squad’ Video Game Faces a Tough Road

Rocksteady never pitched or worked on a Superman game, according to people familiar with the company's strategy over the last decade...following the release of Arkham Knight in 2015, the studio began working on a Batman VR game and then an unannounced multiplayer game set in an original franchise, which has not been previously reported

at the end of 2016, a Suicide Squad game at the Warner Bros. studio in Montreal was canceled, and the property was subsequently given to Rocksteady, which began working on the current iteration in 2017...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/news...game-from-rocksteady-studios-faces-tough-road

wtf is a battle pass token and why does this game have a battle pass?
I love rocksteady and I don't usually say things like this, but I hope this game bombs... At launch, anyway. Would love to pick it up for $5 in a year and play the campaign.

wtf is a battle pass token and why does this game have a battle pass?
I love rocksteady and I don't usually say things like this, but I hope this game bombs... At launch, anyway. Would love to pick it up for $5 in a year and play the campaign.
I don’t know if you have been following the game at all but it is a live service game. It will have a battle pass and all the other micro transactions that come with a live service game.

That’s why everyone is negative on this game.

Back