Suggestions required: SSD for 2010 MBP 13"

refraxion

[H]F Junkie
Hey guys, I'm considering plopping a 120 to 160gb SSD hard drive into my 13" 2010 MacBook Pro and was wondering what kind of SSD's I should be looking at?

Keep in mind this is the Core 2 Duo model and not the Core i5.

I've been looking at the Crucial M4 or maybe the Intel 320.. not sure which one to go for.. any other SSD suggestions is much welcomed. Also, how easy or hard is it to switch out the hard drive on these puppies?

Thanks!

Most seem to suggest the M4 these days. I've got one in my 2011 15" MBP and it works great.

Are you replacing the HDD or the optical drive?

Hmm to be honest I didn't even know you could replace the optical with an SSD. Very intriguing.. How well does the M4 run? Does the early MBP 2010 even support Sata II?

2010 MBP is SATA II. So getting an SATA III drive will work, but it will be limited.
I have an M4, and it has been excellent. If you want an SATA II drive just to save money, I would probably recommend an Intel X-25M.

Samsung 470. Cheap on ebay. I got a 256 for around $1/GB. I tried to put a C300 in my 2011 MBP and had all manner of problems booting. No problems with the 470.

I had an Intel G2 160GB in the MBP prior to that - worked fine as well. Likely about the same experience you would have with a 320.

Back