Suggest some games plz

r_shortt

Limp Gawd
I'm going to be going away for a month training for my new job so I'll only have an older laptop with me (and no xbox). Can you suggest some good games to play on it, old school games are fine. I loaded Diablo 1 on it the other day :D

p3 900
128 ram
16meg cyber blade XP <--- ewwww
15gig hd (i think(
WinXp

You could get away with the original Half Life on that.
Alice
Maybe NOLF- not certain.

You can't go wrong with the original Unreal Tournament. It's my game of choice for older PCs.

Go just a bit farther back than UT and replay the original Unreal - that was one of the best SP FPSes I have ever played through. The sequel made me sad.

Age of Empires, Starcraft. AOE 2, Half Life are all good games. Or find the original DOOM somewhere, that's totally worth playing through. :)

If you're going to dig up a copy of Doom, be sure to go and get one of the Windows source ports (eg Doom Legacy) - high resolutions, texture filtering, and (slightly tacky) dynamic lighting :D.

Starcraft (Brood War), maybe WCIII on lowest settings (I could on my old laptop, similar specs to yours), Diablo I +II, Quake (all 3), Doom I + II, Half-Life, Unreal, Worms World Party, Age of Empires I + II, Command & Conquerer series, Total Annihilation series. Just to name a few...

Thanks guys It helps a lot. I kind of take forgranted the hardware on my main rig for playing games
I managed to find my Soldier of fortune cd :) Blow limbs off is cool!

half life or starcraft

with half life you could play CS and the original DoD (which is better than DoD source in some ways)

Back