Suddenly have "limited" wifi on Windows 10

bpizzle1

Supreme [H]ardness
I went through the upgrade process this evening and everything was working just fine. After I restrestarted my PC to install some drivers for my monitor, I suddenly am stuck with a limited wifi connection. I've tried resetting the adapter, restarting the PC, and using a different connection, but I can't get it to work again. Is anyone else having a similar problem? I think it's strange since it was working perfectly fine just a few minutes ago.

Also, it's not a router or ISP problem. I have several other devices connected without issues right now.

I had a 'limited' connection through wired ethernet at one time. A couple of months ago. IIRC I had to uninstall and reinstall the ipv4 networking to get rid of it.

Have you checked for windows 10 drivers for your wireless equipment?
Maybe your wireless has a compatibility issue in windows 10 with the drivers you installed for your monitor.

As an update, do not use BitDefender right now. It is what was causing all my problems. Not only was it blocking system restore attempts, it was also blocking my wifi connection. As soon as I uninstalled, everything was fine again.

1. :mad: Automatic troubleshooting in the system didn't work for me
2. :mad: Software and hardware (laptop) plane mode didn't work for me
3. :) Go to Device Manager, Find network adapters and WiFi card in it. Uninstall the driver, then Scan for changes so it is installed again -> This worked (of course WiFi password was forgotten so I had to enter it again)

Back