sudden freezes (in uefi-desktop-games)

oldy

Weaksauce
last week i moved my components to a new case but didnt put the gpu back in because i wanted to mode the case first and have been using the igpu also i did update the bios to the newest one(first time since i get the mobo last year) and every thing was ok

two days ago i droped the gpu (evga 1060 6gb sc) from about 1 meter high and there was no external damages beside few bent fins (about 5 which i re-bent) and the i/o plate had small bent in the top cornar "where you screw the lower screw in"
I installed it yesterday and oc the ram at the same time to 2667 (the rated speed) then boot into windows

since then i have been experiencing sudden freezes that lock the pc completely down and i have to restart to get red of them (sometimes the screen froze but i still hear the audio from the video or the game for a while - sometimes the video signal from the display port lost after few seconds of the freezing and wont come back untel i restart - sometimes the pc can unlock itself after a minute or so without restarting)

the freezes happen while watching videos using mpc - using chrome - normal desktop use - screenshot program "snagit 13"- games - even in the uefi more than once while trying to change the settings

since i did oc'ed the ram and install the gpu back (after the drop) at the same time thought it would be one or the other so i changed ram speed back to 2133 and removed the gpu from pc at the same time but the freezes still happened !!

i inspected the gpu physically from the outside again (didnt open it completely yet) and there was no sings of damage but two of the pcie gold connector been covered with some dirt "probably from when it hit the ground" so i cleaned them with Isopropyl Alcohol and put it back in pc

also i load the optimized sitting for uefi before log in to windows this time (since i already experience the same behavior from the pc after removing the gpu and undo ram oc)

now it has been two hours and pc didnt freeze while using chrome or desktop but furmark stress test and all the games i tried froze in a few minutes and locked the pc temporally "about one minute" and every time they shut down both snagit "which is always on in the background" and mpc "paused video"

notes :
-gpu driver is up to date
-no cpu or gpu overheating
-prime95 benckmarks works fine stressing the cpu and ram "blend test"
-all the hardware is the same from last year beside the case and there was no weird issues before yesterday

pc specs :
6700k "not oc'ed yet after updating the bios"
asus z170i pro gaming "Version 3406"
32gb 2666 corsair lpx "now running at 2133"
evga gtx 1060 sc 6g "latest driver 385.41"
corsair sf600 psu
windows 10 64 bit pro

i tried to write as much details to help identifying the problem
hope someone could help with that

thanks

Back