Stuttering since 66.93....

d2thez

Gawd
OK, when I first got my 6800 Ultra and the 61.77 drivers I had massive stuttering in games. It would totally freeze for like 5-10 seconds, then magically come back to life.

I evetually solved this for all my games by updating my BFG 6800 Ultra to the newest Rev3 bios and disabling Fastwrites on my MSI K8N Neo Platinum Nforce3 bios.

Now, with a clean reformat because of the new video drivers, and everything else the same, I the stuttering freezes have returned in some games. FarCry has major problems and the new Rollercoaster Tycoon3 does it every so often as well.

2D and 3D clocks are the same, Faswrites is off, AGP speeds locked at 66mhz, excellent power supply with 25A on the 12v line, and these are fed through independent powerlines.

Help me Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a quick question. Have you installed the latest and greatest mobo drivers? You said you did a clean install. Maybe you forgot to install them. It would cause super-craptacular performance, maybe even the stuttering you are experiencing.

If you are still using the 66.93s i had huge problems with alot of my games not rendering correctly at all. Large textures were rendered with what looked like 8 pixels in total etc....not pretty. Also had some of the stuttering problems you mentioned. Went back to the 66.81s and everything is perfect for me again. Im running a GT btw.

I have the 4.27 Nforce drivers with the AGP driver from the 5.10 pack installed. The reason I don't have the IDE from 5.10 installed is because it borked alot of systems with optical drives, and I didn't feel like testing that.

Im running the 4.27s on my nforce2 aswell (Shuttle XPC).. and yes, the 5.10s did bork my pc... so yes i tried them, and yes... i wasnt cool :(

I would say if you can do a fresh install, with the 4.27s and the nvidia 66.81s. Both those driver sets are known to be good and bug free (so far). So if your problem still persists, must be hardware related... :confused:

Is your proc fast enuff to feed your card? Also check your System tray (lower right of screen) if you have a lot of lil cool icons this canalso be a cause! Make shure your system is set up so that your "Progams" (games) have priority and not "Background Services" and "System Cache"....hmmmm....

Back