Stupid Drift mode!

pbXassassinX1524

[H]ard|Gawd
hey guys, I got NFS:U 2 for christmas this year and I think that all be it ricy, its a fun game if you don't have to actually look at the cars in it all body kitted up. Anyway, I really really can't stand the drift game in it. I was wondering if anyone knows any way to completely bypass the drift mode but still keep the sprint, drag, auto X, and circuit modes. Or if anyone knows how to get massive pts in drift mode with no effort.

Sometimes if I am down by quite a bit this is what I do...

I get some speed, slide around the corner and then while still accellerating, swirve from left to right (kinda make the tires sqeal a little). It isn't uncommon to get 20000+ points with that.

My buddies and I just went through this. If you're used to the first NFS, the drifts in the second need to be done faster. Blow through some corners without drifting, just to gain speed for the good ones. There's usually at least one corner on every track where you can grab big points; make sure you hit it at the right speed each lap. Other that that, I'm not aware of any way to bypass them. Hope this helped!

O_O

drift mode is one of the funnest modes. why would you want to skip them?

Okay, I'll try and keep the speed up as much as possible. I remember the last one didn't seem quite as dificult to get big points... so hopefully I can do it.

In drift mode, set your car up using the following this basic structure. Tune the ECU to have as much torque as you can get in the early gears. Make all of the suspension settings as hard as possible to eliminate shock travel. This will help get the back end out. Turn the tire grip to weak. Also, make the cars acceleration as quick as possible. For the toe settings, lower it all the way. Make the aero settings as weak as possible. Set the brake bias towards rear. By doing this, you will greatly increase your score, especially on the downhill. On the straight-aways you can do Choku-Doris (go from side to side) to rack up big points. You can then link them to power over-steer drifts, which is when you will use the torque and acceleration to lose traction in the back tires, then use carefully timed throttle control to get around the corner as sideways as possible. This will help your drifts scores get as high as possible. Throttle control is very important -- do not get discouraged if you spin out a lot. Note: This has not been attempted on FF or AWD cars. FF and AWD cars will most likely have a softer suspension setting but everything else would probably remain the same. FF and AWD cars also need the hand brake to initiate drifts more than a FR car would.
Information in this section was contributed by SidewayzS15.

thats from www.gamewinners.com

One thing for sure;

Leave it in third-person view.

I always race in first-person, so it took me a while to figure this one out. While you're going down straight-aways you need to be constantly shifting left and ride to maintain a drift. You can't just wait for big turns; you've got to have the side-to-side drift going before you enter a turn so that you can get huge points when the actual turn comes. The only way you can tell when you're beginning to drift is when you're in third-person.

If you have a good drift score and know you're coming too close to a wall, don't risk losing what you've got. Don't be greedy. Stop and salvage the score that you've got.

I hated drift mode at first with NFSU ...until I "figured it out" so to speak .. I was initially using a front wheel drive car and was thinking I would never be able to beat the computer dudes ... :p

hopped in a miata and would just try to keep my speed up "enough" while swerving back and forth with the occasional setting up for the big swooping corners to get big points. Now drift racing seems to be the easiest of all the different kind of racing to beat ... next would probably be drag racing :)

Best thing to do for drift IMO-

Set the rear springs & shocks fairly close to as low as they can go, lower the car, max the steering ratio out, max the rear anti-sway/roll bars out. Also, make the rear tires weaker. It needs some adjustment from car to car, but generally it works.

HAHA drift is the best race out of them all i love the drift races....its crazy easy i beat the computer by at LEAST 100,000 everyrace the circuits are the annoying ones, but like the other guys said just gain speed and try that or drift from left to right throughout the whole race gaining mad points

JR_Rider said:
HAHA drift is the best race out of them all i love the drift races....its crazy easy i beat the computer by at LEAST 100,000 everyrace the circuits are the annoying ones, but like the other guys said just gain speed and try that or drift from left to right throughout the whole race gaining mad points

Its because the physics are all wrong (non drift stuff is wrong too. Its set on "n00b" mode all the time me thinks! =x) and its pretty damn easy unless u get used to more realistic games like Live For Speed! Then its hard going back a game that doesn't make sense because its so fake in EVERY way! :p /rant

Tazman2 said:
Its because the physics are all wrong (non drift stuff is wrong too. Its set on "n00b" mode all the time me thinks! =x) and its pretty damn easy unless u get used to more realistic games like Live For Speed! Then its hard going back a game that doesn't make sense because its so fake in EVERY way! :p /rant

yeah i know what you saying. GT3's drifting is pretty hard to get used to compared to NFSU's. but that doesnt mean its not fun.

for me, drift is the easiest race ever. i dont even tune my car for it. miata and evo are very good in drifts

Bad_Boy said:
yeah i know what you saying. GT3's drifting is pretty hard to get used to compared to NFSU's. but that doesnt mean its not fun.

Well GT3 is actually ALOT better in the "realism" department but then again NFS:U1/2 dosen''t advertise as being "realistic" except in the supposed "culture". :rolleyes: Theres a reason i call it NFS: U2 extra rice edition! :p

i hate the downhill drifts, i'll have to use the tuning suggestions and see if that helps. can't see how loosenning the tire grip will help, as it seems like the downhill course magically changes the friction of those streets in jackson heights from what it is in the normal map/circuit/sprint mode.

on a complete side note... i own a 2003 VW GTI, and like to race one in the game..... is it just me, or does anyone else have problems after playing NFS:U2 for a couple hours, then going out and driving your real car, and having to remind yourself to drive like a normal, sane person because you continue to want to drive like you're in the game?

I've always hauled ass and cornered hard IRL anyways, so that isn't really a problem for me.

Can't say I've taken those turns at 100mph, though. Perhaps if I had a better car...the Lumina LS is a bit heavy for that kind of maneuvering.

thedude42 said:
i hate the downhill drifts, i'll have to use the tuning suggestions and see if that helps. can't see how loosenning the tire grip will help, as it seems like the downhill course magically changes the friction of those streets in jackson heights from what it is in the normal map/circuit/sprint mode.

on a complete side note... i own a 2003 VW GTI, and like to race one in the game..... is it just me, or does anyone else have problems after playing NFS:U2 for a couple hours, then going out and driving your real car, and having to remind yourself to drive like a normal, sane person because you continue to want to drive like you're in the game?
The grip seems like it changes because your car setup does. The game automatically puts you in a drift setup when you enter a drift race. The default drift setup is understandably a lot more drifty than the default circuit/sprint setup. If you're using the GTI for drift, switching to something with rear-wheel drive would help.

Regarding the side note... I usually don't have a problem racing in a game and then going driving. However, I can't listen to the same music while driving that I listen to while playing racing games. There's just too strong of an association.

I dont know about you guys, but I drift better in NFSU2 with my Tiburon. The FWD helps pull me through the corners. I always blow the comp away with it :/

You can get some competent scores with practically anything. With the proper setup, I was getting some pretty slick "drifts" in the H2.

so like, performance tuning is a complete waste of time unless you want to purposefully screw yourself, since the game auto tuns the best settings for your car for that race?

thedude42 said:
so like, performance tuning is a complete waste of time unless you want to purposefully screw yourself, since the game auto tuns the best settings for your car for that race?
Not necessarily the best. There's just different tuning modes that the game automatically puts your car in depending on the event. They're all somewhat oriented towards that event but there's plenty of room for improvement.

Back