Study: Smarter People Use iPhones

Android Lolipop is hands down better than iOS in nearly every category imo. 3rd party app quality isn't quite as good though. That will change though I think.

The flaw here is that most IT professionals and software engineers are self taught. Which means that those designing the phones, selling the phones, supporting the phones, are the ones not buying the iPhones...

So a lot of IT people seem to be Android loyalist.

These are the same ones who think Windows 8 and Vista were horrible.

Sorry but these guys have no credibility with me.

Used both these OSes since the day they were release and surprise, if you spend more than a few days with them and LEARN how to use them, they will work just fine.

But I know change is hard for some to swallow.

So a lot of IT people seem to be Android loyalist.

These are the same ones who think Windows 8 and Vista were horrible.

Sorry but these guys have no credibility with me.

Used both these OSes since the day they were release and surprise, if you spend more than a few days with them and LEARN how to use them, they will work just fine.

But I know change is hard for some to swallow.

Yes because standardizing these operating systems in an enterprise environment is all about how easy it is to click on the start button... Omg everyone! He's used the OSes since day one! Let all the imaging department, pre-packagers, vendors, developers, packagers, QAs, Network engineers, desktop level 2/3 techs, sys admins, corporate IT security, application analysts, and db admins bow down to the obviously superior knowledge of this divine being! I can't believe we didn't think of spending a few more days with those operating systems so we could sing their praises! And he caught us! How did he know that all IT people by default use android while simultaneously hating Windows 8 and Vista! Fox news must have leaked that shit again.

I like how this thread turned into a debate about college degrees started by people who are obviously bitter and angry that they didn't get a degree and feel like they have to overcompensate for being lesser on the whole employable ladder. It's a weird tangent to being upset about people with iPhones generally having more education, higher income, better skin with fewer blemishes, fewer instances of obsesity, a reduced tendency for racial intolerance, more effective communication skills, larger amounts of investment capital, bigger retirement funds, more channels to watch of their TV subscriptions, mechanics that charge them less for the same car repairs, literally zero addictions to energy drinks (losers and ONLY losers drink that stuff in an attempt to look cool by leaving the empty cans laying around), no STDs, up-to-date vaccinations, a recent dental exam where no cavities were found, yacht club memberships, a neat and clean general look, less disgusting back and facial hair, volunteer more of their time helping out at animal shelters, don't have bad breath, and remember to put the seat back down. I mean sure, those are good reasons to have an aggressive inferiority complex, but I think it would make more sense to get an iPhone, finish college, shave, bathe, start spending wisely, and lay off the Red Bull/Monster than complain on a forum. We _all_ know you're just doing it to feel better about the endless sea of back hair that basically is a continuation of the giant mop on your head and face.

Nothing really beats a flip phone if all you really want is to make phone calls. Small light, and incredible battery life.

I like how this thread turned into a debate about college degrees started by people who are obviously bitter and angry that they didn't get a degree and feel like they have to overcompensate for being lesser on the whole employable ladder. It's a weird tangent to being upset about people with iPhones generally having more education, higher income, better skin with fewer blemishes, fewer instances of obsesity, a reduced tendency for racial intolerance, more effective communication skills, larger amounts of investment capital, bigger retirement funds, more channels to watch of their TV subscriptions, mechanics that charge them less for the same car repairs, literally zero addictions to energy drinks (losers and ONLY losers drink that stuff in an attempt to look cool by leaving the empty cans laying around), no STDs, up-to-date vaccinations, a recent dental exam where no cavities were found, yacht club memberships, a neat and clean general look, less disgusting back and facial hair, volunteer more of their time helping out at animal shelters, don't have bad breath, and remember to put the seat back down. I mean sure, those are good reasons to have an aggressive inferiority complex, but I think it would make more sense to get an iPhone, finish college, shave, bathe, start spending wisely, and lay off the Red Bull/Monster than complain on a forum. We _all_ know you're just doing it to feel better about the endless sea of back hair that basically is a continuation of the giant mop on your head and face.

Except that most self made millionaires would laugh at your attempt to mix consumerism and wise investments in the same sentence:

www.mrmoneymustache.com

College graduate != smarter. More educated, sure. I can say from experience that I've met some of the dumbest people that I have encountered while I was in the halls of academia.

You drink energy drinks, don't you?

2 popular energy drinks or one average Starbucks coffee that is instead avoided and invested into a proper 401k index fund would compound into approximately $250,000 over to 30 years if you factor in investing your tax returns from it. Thats an entire mortgage for some people. These drinks are what you would call a poor investment...

You drink coffee don't you?

Of course I always trust online advertising/data mining firms to provide cogent, totally non-biased data collected through scientific rigor and extrapolating it into reasonable, not at all clickbait-level conclusions :rolleyes:

Others have already gone over some of the specific flaws, so suffice it to say the entire premise is is flawed to say the least.

College graduate != smarter. More educated, sure. I can say from experience that I've met some of the dumbest people that I have encountered while I was in the halls of academia.

I almost quit college my first year because most farm animals were smarter than the people I went to college with. Not that that would have any impact on whether or not they have an iphone now. LOL, when I went to college, cell phones were still typically mounted in limos, or in a bag, and only worked in and around cities, though we were starting to see the bricks by the time I left college and got a job..

2 popular energy drinks or one average Starbucks coffee that is instead avoided and invested into a proper 401k index fund would compound into approximately $250,000 over to 30 years if you factor in investing your tax returns from it. Thats an entire mortgage for some people. These drinks are what you would call a poor investment...

You drink coffee don't you?

The fact that you took the first post you quoted seriously is one thing, but the second one too? Wow!

Also, yes, I drink coffee. I really prefer tea though and I don't get them from Starbucks unless someone else is paying (that happens a lot these days too :eek: but I'm amazing like that).

Anyhow, wow, did you really read that post you quoted...I mean like the dental exam thing didn't tip you off?

The fact that you took the first post you quoted seriously is one thing, but the second one too? Wow!

Also, yes, I drink coffee. I really prefer tea though and I don't get them from Starbucks unless someone else is paying (that happens a lot these days too :eek: but I'm amazing like that).

Anyhow, wow, did you really read that post you quoted...I mean like the dental exam thing didn't tip you off?

Ha! I knew you drank coffee

Want a life changer? Get a caramel apple spice from Starbucks......its like liquid apple pie....

And I am more of a tea guy than coffee....I have found that cheap tea tastes better than crazy pricey stuff (Starbucks Bigsby etc etc).....so I go to Big Lots for my tea, or Oilies

Want a life changer? Get a caramel apple spice from Starbucks......its like liquid apple pie....

And I am more of a tea guy than coffee....I have found that cheap tea tastes better than crazy pricey stuff (Starbucks Bigsby etc etc).....so I go to Big Lots for my tea, or Oilies

I'm much more of a tea than coffee person too. I have like one or maaaybe two cups of instant stuff a day, but lately Lipton did something awful to their tea (the plain, not anything special stuff) recipe when they changed packaging and I just don't at all like it so I've spent like months trying other brands and haven't found one that I like a lot. Twinings' chai ultra spice isn't bad, but its so easy to make a little too strong and tastes better with milk or creamer for like that chai latte kinda thing (which I don't do because of the extra calories it adds).

Anyhow, next time I mooch a Starbucks from someone, I'll try the caramel apple spice. It does sound really good. :)

I'm much more of a tea than coffee person too. I have like one or maaaybe two cups of instant stuff a day, but lately Lipton did something awful to their tea (the plain, not anything special stuff) recipe when they changed packaging and I just don't at all like it so I've spent like months trying other brands and haven't found one that I like a lot. Twinings' chai ultra spice isn't bad, but its so easy to make a little too strong and tastes better with milk or creamer for like that chai latte kinda thing (which I don't do because of the extra calories it adds).

Anyhow, next time I mooch a Starbucks from someone, I'll try the caramel apple spice. It does sound really good. :)

If you want something different (and I will admit it's very much as acquired taste) give Twinings Lapsang Souchong a try. I wasn't sure that I liked it at first, but it quickly grew on me, and is a very satisfying tea. I typically drink monkey-picked ti kuan yin though. And lots of coffee. Yes, it may be a very poor investment, but I get enjoyment out of it, and that to me is worth a couple hundred K in a retirement fund. Call me crazy but I like to enjoy life while I'm still able to walk, climb, run, ride around freely. :D I've got investments too of course...

If you want something different (and I will admit it's very much as acquired taste) give Twinings Lapsang Souchong a try. I wasn't sure that I liked it at first, but it quickly grew on me, and is a very satisfying tea. I typically drink monkey-picked ti kuan yin though. And lots of coffee. Yes, it may be a very poor investment, but I get enjoyment out of it, and that to me is worth a couple hundred K in a retirement fund. Call me crazy but I like to enjoy life while I'm still able to walk, climb, run, ride around freely. :D I've got investments too of course...

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll have to look around for it. Tea selection here is pretty bad, which is part of the problem in finding something I like. I guess I could always order it too if I can't get any here though. :)

By "smarter people", they mean brain-washed, useful idiots.
Be proud that you are a dummy. :D

They used the wrong title for their article.

"Smart people who panic at the thought of learning to use technology prefer Iphones."

They used the wrong title for their article.

"Smart people who panic at the thought of learning to use technology prefer Iphones."

I use to think that too, but most of the people I work with started on Black Berry, when to Android and then went to the iPhone. Some switched back, but the people who were most likely to root android stayed with Apple. Only one of them jail breaks the phone (and that's just to get free games....which is sad, considering they can easily afford to buy the damn things).

PhD EE from Iowa State, using a quad-core Galaxy S3 that uses a power SOC that I was involved in the design of :cool:

PhD EE from Iowa State, using a quad-core Galaxy S3 that uses a power SOC that I was involved in the design of :cool:

I dunno if I'd announce the sort of degree you have. People in this thread have already pointed out how "one of them thar' you dun did yerself a fancy degree" things doesn't mean you're more qualified to be an electrical engineer than Ol' Annie's cousin/brother/husband Cleatus, "who were a' runnin' indoor crassmas lights on his front porch a'fore you was a twinkie in yer daddy's shoe."

There's a people i know who totally Apple device it up and barely know how to power their devices on. They sure know where the Facebook and Twitter apps are, though...

Back