Stress testing a GPU before selling

biggles

2[H]4U
I planned to run 2 tests in order to show the buyer that the card is working properly. Plan to take screenshots/pictures at the end. 10 minutes MSI Kombustor and 10 minutes Heaven DX11. Sound reasonable? Also, I planned to run Heaven DX11 using the default settings, but could change some things if this is advisable. Examples, turn on tessallation or change preset to extreme. This is for a GTX 1070 FE.

Do they do that at the store ?

If the dudes that wary and won't take your word for it, move on to the next person.

If the dudes that wary and won't take your word for it, move on to the next person.
Well I would not require this if I were a used GPU buyer. But it seems like a good moral gesture and does not take too much time to do.

If the buyer can't depend on your heat on a used GPU and your word I would move on or may be a picture of it running that you have it. IDK what you can do to prove its working fine sure you can stress test it at the end of the day its your word no matter what you do. Thats how I normally roll. They are better of buying a new GPU or one under transferrable warranty or GPU that requires just serial.

If the buyer can't depend on your heat on a used GPU and your word I would move on or may be a picture of it running that you have it. IDK what you can do to prove its working fine sure you can stress test it at the end of the day its your word no matter what you do. Thats how I normally roll. They are better of buying a new GPU or one under transferrable warranty or GPU that requires just serial.
Actually I have never sold anything here on the forums, just Craigslist and Ebay. But I have been here a long, long time and have a good rep. So perhaps I should try selling here this time and see how it goes.

This. Selling a graphics card right now should be a cake walk. If someone wants to be precious about it, let them do it on their own time, unless they're paying for yours.

Actually I have never sold anything here on the forums, just Craigslist and Ebay. But I have been here a long, long time and have a good rep. So perhaps I should try selling here this time and see how it goes.

Its very rare someone gives me a hard time here to prove shit is working if I tell them it is based on my heat and previous sales lol. If its too much work to prove then I am iffy about selling it to them anyways if they can't rely on my past heat and sales. Sure if they ask for pictures I don't mind. But if I have to spend an hour doing tests its like meh.

Okay, I just learned about the heat system today, linked to my ebay account where I have 100% satisfied transactions over the years. Kind of late to the party I know, but can see the benefit of this system to reassure buyers of the ethical folks out there.

Okay, I just learned about the heat system today, linked to my ebay account where I have 100% satisfied transactions over the years. Kind of late to the party I know, but can see the benefit of this system to reassure buyers of the ethical folks out there.
It's better than Ebay's useless feedback system that's for sure.

Back