Street Fighter 6

Of the commentators, I'm rocking James Chen (who is the oldest of old school) and Tasty Steve. Beyond being my favorites from live events, the recordings I've heard from them seem to be the most "natural." Hopefully the commentary has a lot of lines and gets updated as the game does. If not, that might be something everyone disables immediately.
False. Chris Hu is the greatest of all time. Allow me to present my argument :

I played around with the demo for a few minutes. Can't say I cared for it, though. Most of it is geared around the story mode, which felt pretty ridiculous. The FPS in certain areas (on a PS5) tanked and they keep pushing the "modern controls" on you. Plus, the tutorials are just too much. They keep going over things step-by-step-by-step. Excessively so. You want new players, but you also don't want to treat them like idiots.

I eventually settled on the vs. mode which allows you to play Luke and Ryu normally. Things felt every bit as slow as they looked. It's still Street Fighter, but it's like playing SF4 or SF5 at 75% speed. Some things (like projectiles) are normal speed, but normals feel slow. Even buffering special moves required me to delay things a little. I imagine hit confirms must be pretty easy as a result. When something makes contact, you have a pretty big window to cancel, and you can't be too fast. I can't tell if this is going to make my Gief better or worse. Projectiles are still quick and the slower speed might allow for people to buffer reversals and jumps into their moveset.

Overall, can't say I enjoyed myself, BUT this demo wasn't really about fighting as much as showing off the story mode. I have a feeling I'll only play through that once and I'll never touch it again. If there aren't any unlocks or achievements tied to it, I might never play it at all.

Will buy the ultra mega extra arcade uber street fighter 6 platinum edition after game is fixed in 1.5 years.

Will buy the ultra mega extra arcade uber street fighter 6 platinum edition after game is fixed in 1.5 years.

The catch with doing that with fighting games is that you'll be 18 months behind the curve when it comes to tech. If you don't care about playing people online - that's a non-issue. If you do, a good chunk of people that wait for the "definitive" version never catch back up. Well, that and Capcom will assuredly keep cranking out never versions to ensure people have to keep giving them more money.

i guess. just doesnt seem right to me, just put it on easy.
The world tour mode isn't for fighting/Street Fighter purists. Its essentially a whole other style of game.

There are a lot of people who really want fleshed out single player experiences in fighting games (for some reason). With detailed stories (FOR SOME REASON). This is CAPCOM's attempt to serve those people and try to get them to purchase.

I don't care about fighting game stories. and while i usually try out single player content-----I don't need it.

The world tour mode isn't for fighting/Street Fighter purists. Its essentially a whole other style of game.

There are a lot of people who really want fleshed out single player experiences in fighting games (for some reason). With detailed stories (FOR SOME REASON). This is CAPCOM's attempt to serve those people and try to get them to purchase.

I don't care about fighting game stories. and while i usually try out single player content-----I don't need it.
im seeing that now, they made a literal "street fighter" open world mode.
completely agree with all that.

I've got no issue with the overworld shit. Cool, after sf5's bullshit release it's welcomed. I'm still cautiously optimistic about this one for some reason. Domingo's experience is troublesome though. We'll see.

I don't necessarily mind fighting games having a story mode. Tekken and Soul Calibur have had amusing story modes. The newer Mortal Kombat games, too. This one just felt corny and the tutorials had individual steps for every single action (walking, jump up, jump forward, buttons, dash, etc.). Again, I have no issue with helping new players. The problem is that it's so tedious, I bet most of them are just going to hit the "bypass tutorial" function and never really get the nuanced stuff at the end. There didn't seem to be any tutorial option for "show me what's new/different in SF6," which is what I'd imagine most players would want.
SF5 got everything wrong with extra content. I think SF6 is taking the right approach, I just don't think they get the actual content right. The real game could be different, though.

I have all the fight taken out of me the last fighting game that I kinda liked was Mortal Kombat 3 which I owned for the PS1 I think or it could of been PS2.
I like the Pillar that you had to climb to get to the final boss.

Things look and feel basically the same as the PS5 version, although minus the slowdown in certain story mode areas. The fighting itself still feels slow to me.

This appears to have Dolby Atmos for Home Theater support according to the in-game settings, I've not lugged the PC downstairs to test. After RE4 Remake having proper Atmos for speakers support and now this, I'm assuming this might be normal for Capcom. Guess it's time to get an 11-channel AVR for my PC so I can to 7.1.4.

This appears to have Dolby Atmos for Home Theater support according to the in-game settings, I've not lugged the PC downstairs to test. After RE4 Remake having proper Atmos for speakers support and now this, I'm assuming this might be normal for Capcom. Guess it's time to get an 11-channel AVR for my PC so I can to 7.1.4.

The demo isn't firing off Atmos for me, although it is showing up as 7.1 multichannel. Both Village and RE4 support Atmos, though.

One thing I have noticed about the demo is that the CPU AI is damn good. Not necessarily psychic/cheap, either. Once you bump the AI to 7-9, they start putting it on you. Throw loops, drive rushing through basic fireball cancels, surprise overheads, you name it. If what you're doing is pretty obvious, they will make you pay, too. I can actually see the CPU getting players better prepared to play against one another.

I really can't overstate how good the AI is in this game. There are exploits I'm sure, but it actually plays like a person. I couldn't really care less about the tour mode and such, but I find myself keeping the demo around just to play against the CPU.

I really can't overstate how good the AI is in this game. There are exploits I'm sure, but it actually plays like a person. I couldn't really care less about the tour mode and such, but I find myself keeping the demo around just to play against the CPU.
ive havent played SF in so long cpu level 5/6 is whoopin me....

ive havent played SF in so long cpu level 5/6 is whoopin me....

I play SF5 pretty often and I've gotten to the point where I can beat level 7 consistently. That level 8 CPU is something else entirely, though. It's good and a little bit cheap at the same time.
My biggest take-away is that Drive Impact is going to play a big role in this game. It's really strong and it keeps you from playing braindead with the standard low MK into fireball type stuff. If someone reads a move-cancel or something obvious, you're going to get lit up. If you're in the corner you're going to get lit-up, too. I'm kinda bad at the whole parry dash cancel type thing, but I can see that also being pretty big.
At first the slower speed didn't jive with me, but now I'm starting to understand why it is what it is. If things were any faster, things would be absolute chaos. Maybe they might add a "turbo" speed once people get used to it, though. Overall, I'm digging SF6 now. At least the core game.

Apparently Capcom hooked up a bunch of streamers and community members with a (maybe even THE) final version of the game.
This channel has a bunch of videos showcasing different matchups, character breakdowns, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/@Reversalgg/videos

After being a little disappointed by the demo, I'm back to being super excited. Just playing Ryu and Luke vs. the CPU in the demo has shown me how much depth there is to things. I think it was Max who said that he didn't love the game at first, but he grew to really dig it over a weekend. That's been my experience, too.

Installed the demo last night. Fist thing I noticed was how zoomed in the camera looked. It plays okay. Everything felt crisp and had a good amount of polish to it. I'll pickup the final version.

Installed the demo last night. Fist thing I noticed was how zoomed in the camera looked. It plays okay. Everything felt crisp and had a good amount of polish to it. I'll pickup the final version.
I think they made the characters appear larger on screen, for Tournament viewing.

There's a pretty strong focus on fighting at close and mid-ranges. When you're in those ranges, the game zooms in on your characters. It lets you get a better look at what's happening. As you back up, the game zooms out. I think SF5 was the first Street Fighter game to do that, but it's more pronounced in SF6. Some other games have been doing that a while (Killer Instinct and Virtua Fighter come to mind), but it's still new in the SF world. It's one of the other things that's giving me Tekken vibes. It's 100% Street Fighter at mid and long range, but in-close it's Tekken'ish.

There haven't been any reports of performance issues in the various SF forums, so it might be worth uninstalling/reinstalling or verifying the files. They're trying to make this game scale pretty low.

It's probably worth noting that there IS one stupid setting enabled by default for some reason. It wouldn't affect stuttering in the actual 1 on 1 mode, though. For some reason there's a setting for forcing story mode to be 30FPS and that box is checked in the demo. I guess that might cause stuttering? Also, even though the game outputs 7.1 based on your Windows speaker settings, you can enable full Atmos sound with a toggle (hidden below the obvious stuff) in the sound settings, too.

It's probably worth noting that there IS one stupid setting enabled by default for some reason. It wouldn't affect stuttering in the actual 1 on 1 mode, though. For some reason there's a setting for forcing story mode to be 30FPS and that box is checked in the demo. I guess that might cause stuttering? Also, even though the game outputs 7.1 based on your Windows speaker settings, you can enable full Atmos sound with a toggle (hidden below the obvious stuff) in the sound settings, too.
I was wondering why the story mode was running like crap.

Street Fighter 6- Open Beta Announce Trailer

May 19-21 on PS5, Xbox Series X|S, and Steam...the content of the Open Beta is the same as Closed Beta Test #2, which means 8 characters, the Battle Hub experience, and online crossplay...

Hell yeah. I look forward to getting in some rounds online. I wish some of the other characters were included, but who am I to argue with a free 75% complete version of the game? I'll probably just rock Ryu.

Hell yeah. I look forward to getting in some rounds online. I wish some of the other characters were included, but who am I to argue with a free 75% complete version of the game? I'll probably just rock Ryu.
Ryu for the win! :D Definitely going to check it out.

There haven't been any reports of performance issues in the various SF forums, so it might be worth uninstalling/reinstalling or verifying the files. They're trying to make this game scale pretty low.

Tried that and it still stutters like mad and it is the only game that does it. It's not normal stuttering either. This is like the game pauses and gets a tad darker and then it picks up again. No other games have this issue. It's not a big deal as I'm going to be playing it on the PS5 anyways but some friends wanted to try it so we loaded it up on the PCs and what a fucking cluster fuck.

Tried that and it still stutters like mad and it is the only game that does it. It's not normal stuttering either. This is like the game pauses and gets a tad darker and then it picks up again. No other games have this issue. It's not a big deal as I'm going to be playing it on the PS5 anyways but some friends wanted to try it so we loaded it up on the PCs and what a fucking cluster fuck.

That's really weird and kinda shitty considering it's a game designed to run on the same machines as SF5. Capcom's PC ports are usually top notch...with some exceptions of course.

That's really weird and kinda shitty considering it's a game designed to run on the same machines as SF5. Capcom's PC ports are usually top notch...with some exceptions of course.

Struck me as odd as well as I've plenty of issues with shitty PC versions of games but I've never had an issue with a Capcom game. They always seemed to have their shit together.

Capcom has also always been good with fighters as going back to SF4 their arcade hardware by Taito was a core 2 duo with a geforce running embedded Windows. Their PC versions are less ports than the actual product.

I'll try fussing with the peripherals later as that could possibly cause it but considering I'm using the same exact fight sticks I used for SF5 I doubt it.

yeah thats the first ive heard of that issue. running fine at 1440p/max on my sig system.

Struck me as odd as well as I've plenty of issues with shitty PC versions of games but I've never had an issue with a Capcom game. They always seemed to have their shit together.

Capcom has also always been good with fighters as going back to SF4 their arcade hardware by Taito was a core 2 duo with a geforce running embedded Windows. Their PC versions are less ports than the actual product.

I'll try fussing with the peripherals later as that could possibly cause it but considering I'm using the same exact fight sticks I used for SF5 I doubt it.

It's probably worth trying the second demo this weekend, too. It's based on a slightly earlier build, but will feature a bunch more characters + online play.

Back