Strange problem...

HardLiner

Gawd
I apologize if this is in the wrong place to post this but I have a video file 5.6gb, when I tried to copy it to my USB flash drive (7.25Gb free) it says I don't have enough room?

Last edited:
Without doing research, I advise you reformat your usb and see if it comes up correct. I'm not sure how a file reads almost 2x as large even being encrypted.

What filesystem is on the flash drive? Some filesystems (like FAT32) have a max file size limit.

Formatting the flash to NTFS seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks:eek:

Last edited:
I like to use NTFS with 64k cluster size. It lowers overhead, thus speeding up your transfers.

I'm not seeing the problem here. So you have a 5.6 GB movie file, but can't copy it to a USB drive with 4.4 GB free?

I like to use NTFS with 64k cluster size. It lowers overhead, thus speeding up your transfers.

I'm not seeing the problem here. So you have a 5.6 GB movie file, but can't copy it to a USB drive with 4.4 GB free?

No I couldn't transfer a 5.6 movie file with 7.26gb free space using FAT32 but now that I switched to NTFS it will allow me to.

FAT32 has max file size of 4gb. NTFS overcomes this but you may want to eject it from system tray before removing the drive from your pc. If you can format it in exFAT this should give you the best of both worlds.

Back