stick SB Augidy 2 in 1st PCI slot

mjz_5

2[H]4U
I was having problems with this card because my computer keeps on freezing. I spoke to a co-worker and he told me that sticking it in the first slot helps. Well I did, and everything seems good.

Just sharing my 2 cents. :p

Typically the 1st pci slot shares the same irq as the agp slot, so most of the time it is better to put any demanding hardware elsewhere... But hey, if it works...

Originally posted by agent420
Typically the 1st pci slot shares the same irq as the agp slot, so most of the time it is better to put any demanding hardware elsewhere... But hey, if it works...

Man you are broking on of the 10 golden rules from GOD. Never put ANY PCI card in slot 1 :D

Originally posted by oqvist
Man you are broking on of the 10 golden rules from GOD. Never put ANY PCI card in slot 1 :D
Yeah you need it for video card cooling.;)

Since we're talking about audigy 2 cards in pci slots, anyone else with a shuttle sff, or specifically the SN41G2, find that it's a bit of a tight squeeze getting that card in there? It's pushed a bit by the rubber piece of the hdd cage.

Originally posted by [PaUL]53
Yeah you need it for video card cooling.;)

And even if not you need some space for the video card fans to operate correctly or it will get no air to play with.

I couldn´t fit anything else there anyway. I got a mega Zalman heatpipe which obstructs much of the space. I used to have a slot fan too there but now I have no room for it when I got my Audigy 2 + gameport taking 2 back slots..

Originally posted by oqvist

Yeah I know, but it stoped the damn BSOD. Weird, but everything is working perfect. ** knock on wood **

Originally posted by mjz_5
Yeah I know, but it stoped the damn BSOD. Weird, but everything is working perfect. ** knock on wood **

I am only kidding. If it fix your problem who cares if you go to hell or not :D

Back