SteelSeries Siberia V2 Full-Size Gaming Headset (Red): $69

I remember buying the plain white ones for $25, I guess they are popular again.

are these the ones with a built-in usb sound card? if they are, they sound awful to me. lots of hissing and static at medium volume.

No. The DSP only controls the headset. It still drives sound through your sound card.

The DSP 500 was a legendary headset around CS players because it performed so well in CS you could hear the guy coming from all the way across the map.

Did they do anything to improve comfort? I remember feeling like my head was in a vice a magnitude more than your typical headphones. Padding didn't help. I was like wood blocks for headphones.

I just bought these about a week ago, they've been on sale for a while. I guess no one wants red.

For 70 bux I think they sound fantastic. Better bass response and clarity equal to my Phillips $240 pair.

The padding fits all around my ears and only makes contact with my head. They're not too tight on me. The only problem I have is the mic doesn't extend as far as I'd like. Still works it seems but it should be a little longer. I don't think I have a gigantic English-style head.

This is on motherboard sound. A dedicated card would probably sound better.

This is on motherboard sound. A dedicated card would probably sound better.

It's a crime to run these babies on Realtek HD... :D

get a Bravura. Third best gaming card after the HomeTheater HD and the Forte.

Sounds like it's the absolute shit in music or Dolby movies as well. Excellent all around card. Extremely well built and performing with Nichicon bi-polar Muse-ES caps for deep sound and bass.

Actually $55 and you don't have to wear bright red. Wish I'd seen that earlier. Tempted to get a backup pair.

Not sure this is that great of a deal. I bought the black version for $35 shipped last year

Never been a fan of fabric ear muffs. Absorbs sweat and difficult to clean. The Steelseries use mini stereo plugs and can be used with something other than a computer.

these headphones will always be a favorite headset of mine..

BTW, anyone want to buy a new in box set of Gamecom 780s? 7.1 USB :D

If you want black Amazon has it for $70.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I absolutely love mine. I bought a new pair off a daily deal website for $35, but I'd buy them again for $75.

I have black, but would prefer red if any1 wants to trade. Mine are mint and still have original packaging

Did they do anything to improve comfort? I remember feeling like my head was in a vice a magnitude more than your typical headphones. Padding didn't help. I was like wood blocks for headphones.

This. Bought a pair a few years ago, and the discomfort on my ears made me regret my purchase after the first week. They sounded decent, but i'm done with "over-the-ears" headphones for gaming/PC use. In-ears all the way.

Do you guys have larger heads? Siberia's are some of the most comfortable headphones I've ever owned.

This. Bought a pair a few years ago, and the discomfort on my ears made me regret my purchase after the first week. They sounded decent, but i'm done with "over-the-ears" headphones for gaming/PC use. In-ears all the way.

Interesting. They are the most comfortable headphones I've ever worn. I've never had headphones I could wear for hours on end without hurting my head.

Do you guys have larger heads? Siberia's are some of the most comfortable headphones I've ever owned.

Interesting. They are the most comfortable headphones I've ever worn. I've never had headphones I could wear for hours on end without hurting my head.

I might possibly have slightly larger ears than average. Don't know. All I know is i've owned several headphones in my day, and Siberia's were one of the more uncomfortable ones. Up till now, ATH-M50's are the most comfortable i've had and I use those for very long periods while recording music.

Back