SteamVR Update 1.1.3 Brings Former Beta Features to Everyone

cageymaru

Fully [H]
SteamVR has been updated with former SteamVR Beta features such as Motion Smoothing and rebinding controllers. The "always on" motion smoothing option will allow users to choose specific VR games to run at 45 fps instead of 90 fps. The missing frame data is supplemented by the latest advancement in the asynchronous reprojection system called Motion Smoothing. Motion Smoothing fills in missing frames when an application is falling behind by analyzing existing frames and extrapolating a new frame. Numerous other improvements to SteamVR can be found in the blog post.

Today we've updated SteamVR for all users with changes that have been cooking in SteamVR Beta for the last month. This includes major features like Motion Smoothing and updates to the controller rebinding UI, as well as a host of new features, bug fixes, tweaks, and improvements across SteamVR.

VR on the pc is a fucking mess. It gets confusing as hell just trying to figure out the best way to even launch some games. And the same game from the Oculus store may run better than the Steam version. You certainly better do your research on each and every game you are thinking about buying.

VR on the pc is a fucking mess. It gets confusing as hell just trying to figure out the best way to even launch some games. And the same game from the Oculus store may run better than the Steam version. You certainly better do your research on each and every game you are thinking about buying.

You can blame Oculus for that. They purposely built a walled garden. It requires third party tools just to use their games on the Vive. They purposefully degrade the experience of anything not in the walled garden. They add friction, degrade perf and generally make outside programs feel like they are red-headed stepchildren.

This. I just discovered that launched from SteamVR "home environment" vs system button + menus can produce different results. Software/driver glitches requiring restarting SteamVR or full reboots to regain HMD audio or video or both. Once up and running, it stays working. Until I set a wand down for a few minutes ... mmm next time I will turn off the wands before setting them down.

I hit the menu button on my 'remote' and hit the steam button, click and drag to move through list, click then click play. I use vive so I have no experience with oculus.

Back