Steam Weekend Deal - CoD:MW2 33% OFF

IMO it would be more reasonable to have 50+% OFF 1 year after release, but better than full price. :rolleyes:

Not sure what's worse: it's regular price is still $60, or even on sale it's still $40.

I gave very momentary thought of buying it... 'til I clicked on the link then it clicked in my head just how over-priced this game still is...

They think selling it @ $40 will steer people from MoH?

Considering BC2 has been in and out of the $20 range for a while this is a joke.

They think selling it @ $40 will steer people from MoH?

To steer me from MoH they dont have to do anything, because based on my experience with MoH beta, its crap.

I will just ignore both games and wait with my money for some good games at reasonable price (50€ max.).

Sounds like a last attempt to make cash before the game goes down the drain with black ops. Game should have been at 20$ by now. Can't believe this is still 40$..

Is this about the deal or is this thread abput Kotick, Activision and their greediness. OP posted a deal. Some like it for what it is and some don't. There's been enough threads about the other topics already that should not be in here.

OP: Good deal, thanks.

damn good deal :)

just like the original MW, you wont see MW2 selling below the original price until BO comes out

Man, this would be the worst time to drop $45 on MW2 when moh is coming. Plus if you don't like MOH, black ops comes out next month...and that game will have dedicated servers, and communities that actually police their servers.

Activision can go suck an egg. I'm still on the boycott bandwagon. It's gotten easier after hearing it wasn't that great.

I've actually wanted to try this game but wanted to wait until it went on sale. Being that it's only now come down to a "normal" retail price, it looks like I'm gonna have to keep waiting. Maybe it'll hit $5 during the Christmas sale.

Maybe it'll hit $5 during the Christmas sale.

Keep dreaming!

Horrible deal. I'll never buy this game. They create an inflated base price of $60 and then shave $20 off and people suddenly think they are getting a great deal. This game is almost a year old and they are still charging over $40 for it? Gimme a fucking break.

Keep dreaming!

Yeah, I was only somewhat surprised when it didn't go on sale at all over the Christmas holiday (at least I don't think it did). My serious guess is that it'll go on sale over Christmas for the lowest price it's ever been ... $39.99

very fun game and easily worth $40 IMO. however, with Black Ops around the corner this might be a bit of a gamble. it will be interesting to see what happens to the MW2 community after Black Ops is released. will it die completely or will it be similar to when Treyarch released WaW and many people stayed with COD4? time will tell.

Yeah, I was only somewhat surprised when it didn't go on sale at all over the Christmas holiday (at least I don't think it did). My serious guess is that it'll go on sale over Christmas for the lowest price it's ever been ... $39.99

Don't forget you'll have to pay 25$ for the DLC if you want to play it multiplayer.

I got mw2 for ps3 when it was released for $40 after a gift card and picked up BCBF2 for PC from D2D for $15 on sale. I think i am going to hold of on the PC version and just pickup black ops...don't really care for MOH as beta was alright and will continue with mw2 on ps3, BFBC2 on PC and see how black ops reviews. I think $40 for this deal is pathetic when many deals same as this or better have been out before.

blackops is out soon there is no reason to buy this unless u really really want to try it

How the hell is $40 for a year old game a hot deal? This game is on sale for $30 at Walmart, btw. Considering that the two map packs would still cost me another $15 on sale that makes either "deal" even shittier.

Keep dreaming!

Horrible deal. I'll never buy this game. They create an inflated base price of $60 and then shave $20 off and people suddenly think they are getting a great deal. This game is almost a year old and they are still charging over $40 for it? Gimme a fucking break.

This.

Love how this whole Activision/EA thing split the community, back in BF2/COD2 we would go back and forth, same with BF2142/COD4. IW/Activision screwed the community before MW2 was released, doesn't mean I enjoyed the game any less (it had its issues, but I did have more issues playing BFBC2). Now EA is doing something that I would consider iffy and to me personally insulting with MOH (already talked about it else where). Compared to the COD series, MOH really isn't that far passed BF2 and on top of that is taking a step back from BFBC2, I am literally just begging for an excuse to cancel my pre-order and I got it.

MW2 is fun and worth $40, but it is not as good of an experience as it would of been with dedi-servers. You will notice the people hosting (and people on the hosts network, from experience hosting LANs every Friday) have the advantage. Doesn't mean the game is any less fun.

crap game.

full of hackers, no dedicated servers so you can't kick. VAC is shit. Black Ops is coming out and that will be much of the same but at least you will be able to kick players in your server if u pay for it.

Yeah, Kotick really doesn't give a shit about how games were or what the gaming community wants. CoD will likely become subscription based. If not, they'll continue to do what they're doing now, release a game and then release some map packs for more money, but no more updates and improvements, let it die and release a new version few months later.

Here's an overview of the Activision situation: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=128252

Still a rip-off. Why is this game still $60? Bad company 2 dropped to $30 so fast, and it's probably as popular on PC as this game.

$40 ? pfffttt no...wait for something bigger for everything from Call of Duty to current MW series all in one package muckfcka for $9.99 or less, sure I would buy it cheap.

I hope Steam throw that all series for one price during holiday maybe black friday or special deal and keep eyes on Steam.

phatbx133

meh, as long as steam has its big new year and 4th sales, I'm set for the rest of the year.

and counterstrike 1.6 or source has more players than MW2.

i find that hard to believe, considering modern warfare 2 was reported to be the highest selling media product of all time, like 25 million copies sold or something like that?

i find that hard to believe, considering modern warfare 2 was reported to be the highest selling media product of all time, like 25 million copies sold or something like that?

Last number I saw for MW2 was 11 million copies on all platforms.

Nobody knows haw many copies of CS and CS:S were sold via Steam, because Valve never report such numbers, but I expect that number to be much higher than MW2 total sales.

Maybe we should be mad at Steam, not Activision...

Steam sales have kinda sucked lately (except l4d2), compared to some other sites like D2D...

Huh?

D2D just had their "30 days of summer" sale, and zero of the sales were purchase worthy all month long.

They still cant beat the sale price it was at Best Buy on release week.

Misprint on the ad meant $20 and it's yours! A buddy of mine got in on that deal. No matter the price I'm still not supporting that horrible cause.

Back