Steam Summer Sale 2011

Nothing for me today; already own most of those. [edit] Now I see Jamestown is an old school top down sprite shooter...[snags]. :D
Either the sales have generally sucked or I've bought too much crap in the past because I think I'm only about [strike=]$15[/s] $20 in the hole total this year so far. :eek:

pick up Atom Zombie Smasher for 2.99 can't be that bad I spend more on a bottle of VOSS water daily :cool:

Batman: AA is up today? Woohoo, been waiting for that...now all I'm waiting on is Portal 2, but I kinda doubt it will go on a daily deal. (EDIT: dealy dail? wtf is wrong with me).

picked up the first far cry for $2.50. i have it on CD somewhere but having it on steam makes it so much easier.

Batman AA is awesome, but I picked it up for $5 on GFWL :( a while back. It's totally worth $7.50 though. It's just a beautiful looking game that you won't be able to put down.

I loved Prototype, but not for $15... Great sandbox title, with a LOT of just running around and seeing what you can do to crowds of people with your ridiculous powers. The fact that you can literall run in any direction, including sideways and diagonally up and down buildings made the game interesting.

I'm up in the air on killing floor though. I feel like it's been cheaper in the past, but I've heard some good things.
edit: And do the KF character packs change the gameplay, or are they just skins.

I played the Batman AA demo, and I just could not stand the way they handled the 3rd person view. I'd have probably bought it today if I hadn't played the demo first. I was also annoyed they had no built in way to adjust mouse sensitivity. If those, or even just the view, are only problems in the demo, please let me know.

I played the Batman AA demo, and I just could not stand the way they handled the 3rd person view. I'd have probably bought it today if I hadn't played the demo first. I was also annoyed they had no built in way to adjust mouse sensitivity. If those, or even just the view, are only problems in the demo, please let me know.

Shame. It's really a great game. I didn't play with a KB/M but it was like butter with a controller.

broke down and bought the GTA pack, been waiting for IV to go on sale since the others went on, now i've got the whole collection...

Much like I did with Darksiders, I think I'm going to buy Batman and sell my 360 copy :D

King's bounty platinum is a FANTASTIC deal for 6.99 -- anyone who likes HOMM2/3, Age of Wonders, will eat it up. It's as good as HOMM3, and this comes from a HOMM3 maniac that has played it since 1998 and still does, for at least 50-100 hours a year.

Batman AA also a great deal, very good action game, play it with a 360 controller though. It's one of the few games that benefits significantly from a physx GPU.

GTA4 + expansions for 10 is a solid deal if you don't for some reason already own it.

Far Cry 2 for 5 is a great deal, but the game is meh. Just average, some love it, but easily worth 5 bucks imo.

Arcania-Gothic 4 is TERRIBLE. AWFUL, AWFUL, AWFUL. Not worth even 3 bucks.

Prototype was a decent game but it's half the game Batman is but costs twice as much. I'd bite if it was 5 bucks. Not for 15.

On another note I just played 2 hours of Transformers that I got earlier this week (bought 3 copies for me and 2 friends to play coop) and it SUUUUUCKS. Story is cool, graphics are just fine, but the gameplay is both boring and maddening at the same time. Bad controls, bad aiming, bad checkpoint system because constant glitches/random falling deaths fuck you up and forces reloads, and worst of all, keys can't be remapped. YUCK. Pissed I wasted 22.50 on 3 copies, but oh well.

Almost everything on sale today I already have. The others I don't care for. Just as well since my wife is starting to bitch about me buying games. Gonna have to remind her again that I don't play golf and easily could take it up which would cost far more. :D

Almost everything on sale today I already have. The others I don't care for. Just as well since my wife is starting to bitch about me buying games. Gonna have to remind her again that I don't play golf and easily could take it up which would cost far more. :D

Mwahaha that's what I like to hear! :D

Thinking of biting on Left 4 Dead 1 & 2. People still playing these on multiplayer?

I think GTA4 + expansions is on sale for $10 today. not a bad deal

might be cool to get and check out that icemod
Keep in mind that steam will make you download the game twice to install the expansions, so your gta folder will end up being like 30gb.

Just put her in her place, you work, she spends :p

On a more serious note, I'm in for Kings Bounty and Killing Floor, have heard great things about both!!!

Afaik the gta4 icEnhancer requires an older version of GTA4 to run, and you cannot run older versions on the Steam version, so you cannot use it.

Nothing for me today. Already have everything I want that's on sale.

King's Bounty is awesome and well worth the money, but when I went from a 9800GTX+ to a 6950 I get lots of screen flicker and the game's just about unplayable. Seems like a common issue with ATI cards that was supposed to be (finally) fixed in the latest driver update. Haven't tried it in a couple weeks though.

Seeing a lot about King's Bounty here. Maybe I'll have to grab the demo. Concerned about the last post about it and the 6950 though as I have one. I haven't seen screen flicker in any other game I've played on it. Anyone else care to comment?

On a more serious note, I'm in for Kings Bounty and Killing Floor, have heard great things about both!!!

I've had Killing Floor for a while now, and play one night every weekend with friends while drinking. It can be grindy or repetitive, but it's great for people that aren't typically gamers as a first FPS and the variety of the classes is a good way to mix it up.

Edit: Mind you I'm saying grindy or repetitive after 100+ hours and two level 6s and two level 5s.

Thinking of biting on Left 4 Dead 1 & 2. People still playing these on multiplayer?

2 is pretty active, and they're still creating new maps for it. I guess if enough people get the achievement for the new "Cold Stream" map, they'll release the remade "Dead Air" map from L4D1 early.

L4D2 is a blast (even the stock game) and if you're a LOTR fan, Helms Deep Reborn is a must.

With the icExtender mod, and/or MLAA, plus the usual round of tweaks, it still looks like one of the best in the world. Beautiful engine.

not for me, i would like the game to be more optimised. When i had the 260 it would crash all the time.

not for me, i would like the game to be more optimised. When i had the 260 it would crash all the time.

I had a 260 and it never crashed for me, but that was well after the initial release. The initial release was super bugged to hell, I said fuck that and deleted it and waited for like a year for it to be patched up.

does the steam version of gta4 supports mods? i mean the best out there?

King's bounty platinum is a FANTASTIC deal for 6.99 -- anyone who likes HOMM2/3, Age of Wonders, will eat it up. It's as good as HOMM3, and this comes from a HOMM3 maniac that has played it since 1998 and still does, for at least 50-100 hours a year.

Batman AA also a great deal, very good action game, play it with a 360 controller though. It's one of the few games that benefits significantly from a physx GPU.

GTA4 + expansions for 10 is a solid deal if you don't for some reason already own it.

Far Cry 2 for 5 is a great deal, but the game is meh. Just average, some love it, but easily worth 5 bucks imo.

Arcania-Gothic 4 is TERRIBLE. AWFUL, AWFUL, AWFUL. Not worth even 3 bucks.

Prototype was a decent game but it's half the game Batman is but costs twice as much. I'd bite if it was 5 bucks. Not for 15.

Agreed on everything except Kings Bounty haven't played that one. The other Gothic's are really good tho right? There's a pack for the first 3 for ~$6. I think I'll pick that up

Looks like 2 days in a row i won't be getting any new games. Anything worth while I already have from previous sales.

Like someone else said, I've been getting some flak from the little lady about buying so many games too. She knows exactly how big my backlog is even though I only show games installed.

What can I say, I love to save money on games that will be even cheaper by the time i get to play them. :D

Damn, I've been wanting to get Sims 3: Generations and its on sale now, but my base game and the previous expansions are in physical format and thus are incompatible. I can't even buy it from Steam since it states it requires the Steam version of the base game which I don't want to buy again. :(

Fail, Kings Bounty is awesome man! It's not to be missed if you liked any of the old HOMM(Heroes of might and magic)!

Sims 3 looks like a pretty smoking deal. I've never seen it below $30.

I used to enjoy building houses in Sims 2, but don't really care for all the other crap. Kind of surprised at the number of expansions that are put out for it. People must still be buying them, even at highly inflated prices.

Back