Steam mid-week sale - Tomb Raider $3.99

with all of the Steam sales and other discounts I think everyone who was interested pretty much already played it by now :p

Yeah. I like Steam in all but come on, these are the same games that are in EVERY Steam sale all year. I hope everyone has played it at least once by now.

with all of the Steam sales and other discounts I think everyone who was interested pretty much already played it by now :p

New console peasants are joining the PC Master Race all the time. This is a nice thing for them.

wow... payed 40$ and was very satisfied... this is a no brainer

New console peasants are joining the PC Master Race all the time. This is a nice thing for them.

:( I haven't played it yet.. but that's because I already have a lot of games to get through. Hell, I'm still trying to beat Batman: Arkham City.

My game time anymore has been a bit limited, and most times when I sit down to play, I end up playing a MP game with my friends.

Jumped on the GOTY edition yesterday. $7.50 is a good price.

Unfortunately GOTY is missing 5 DLCs. What you could have done is bought the game and dlc seperately. You can have everything that way for only 0.50 more cents than the GOTY! I hate when steam does this shit, youd think GOTY would have everything because its GOTY! WTF Steam!

Unfortunately GOTY is missing 5 DLCs. What you could have done is bought the game and dlc seperately. You can have everything that way for only 0.50 more cents than the GOTY! I hate when steam does this shit, youd think GOTY would have everything because its GOTY! WTF Steam!

How is it Steam/Valve's fault? Valve has zero say in what publishers include in their editions of games.

How is it Steam/Valve's fault? Valve has zero say in what publishers include in their editions of games.

Apparently he didn't get the memo that publishers control their content and prices on Steam, not Valve.

Put another way, if Valve suddenly started deciding things like what DLC goes in a GOTY package, there wouldn't just be backlash and major headlines, there would be lawsuits flying.

Apparently he didn't get the memo that publishers control their content and prices on Steam, not Valve

do publishers control pricing on all Steam titles even during those crazy Summer/Winter sales?...I would think they wouldn't be happy with sub $5 pricing...I think Valve just takes less profit on their own in those cases

got the game. Hope I will enjoy it as much as I enjoyed ME2 that I just finished

Just bought the GOTY edition. Should be fun replaying it this time with all the DLC's. :)

It's actually cheaper to buy the base game + DLC collection using Canadian pricing than the GOTY version.

I don't know if that is the case in the US.

do publishers control pricing on all Steam titles even during those crazy Summer/Winter sales?...I would think they wouldn't be happy with sub $5 pricing...I think Valve just takes less profit on their own in those cases

Yes I believe they do. Why wouldn't they? There are generally huge spikes in sales during those events. Selling a game for under $5 is better than not selling it at all. When you see big AAA-level titles at that price point it's generally a year or so after they release and they probably aren't selling more than a handful of copies a month, if that.

Jumped on the GOTY edition yesterday. $7.50 is a good price.

Sorry to say this but GOTY or any DLC with this game is rubbish. Multiplayer map packs and outfits. MP is totally forgettable and probably a ghost town by now.

Sorry to say this but GOTY or any DLC with this game is rubbish. Multiplayer map packs and outfits. MP is totally forgettable and probably a ghost town by now.
Agreed. The multiplayer was horribly balanced and forgettable. Beyond that there are also some shortcuts that come with the outfits. The only thing extra that is barely worth getting is the additional tomb.

Well, damn. Hate that I got burned on the DLC, though it was only $3.50 more, but still...

Back