Steam Lunar New Year Sale

Even though I haven't gotten a new game in a while and really want to buy something I'm going to do my best to resist the urge. I already have way too many games and not enough time to play them.

Valve needed another sale that fits between the big Winter and Summer ones...there was too big of a wait before but now this Lunar sale fits in snuggly

I have too big of a backlog but would have picked up SOMA if it went under $10

I'm not really in the market for new games, but prices look better than in the winter sale.

Valve needed another sale that fits between the big Winter and Summer ones...there was too big of a wait before but now this Lunar sale fits in snuggly

I have too big of a backlog but would have picked up SOMA if it went under $10

Yeah I would have bought soma at that price too. Guessing we will be waiting a while

XCOM complete for $10...that's a dang good deal for such a great game.

Does Gabe actually give a shit about Chinese New Year?

If this sale rakes in some serious revenue, then he will from now on. ;)

XCOM complete for $10...that's a dang good deal for such a great game.

It is a solid deal. However, the humble firaxis bundle that just ended was even better. The bta tier included everything except enemy within, and that was in the $15 tier.

I decided to shrink my wishlist a tad so bought 15 titles ... slightly less than $100 so I am set until the spring or summer sale ... sadly still 55 games in my wishlist

It is a solid deal. However, the humble firaxis bundle that just ended was even better. The bta tier included everything except enemy within, and that was in the $15 tier.

Yeah I was thinking the Firaxis sale for $15 gets you the entire (relevant) Civ Franchise (Civ 3, 4, 5, Beyond Earth, expansions except the latest I think), plus you got Xcom (newer version) plus DLC/addons, plus all the original Xcom games. Not sure why I didn't bite on that one... oh well, live and learn :)

Ryse Son of Rome is on special, if you like beat 'em up style games, this one is a must-have. I enjoyed it a LOT.

Yeah I was thinking the Firaxis sale for $15 gets you the entire (relevant) Civ Franchise (Civ 3, 4, 5, Beyond Earth, expansions except the latest I think), plus you got Xcom (newer version) plus DLC/addons, plus all the original Xcom games. Not sure why I didn't bite on that one... oh well, live and learn :)

The same thing happened to me. I thought about it, and by the time I decided to buy it was too late. In hindsight that was a killer deal. The price for the new Xcom plus DLC/addons, in addition to the original Xcom games, totaled almost $14 alone in this sale. So for basically a dollar and change more you got the Civ franchise. DOH!

My hope is that the bundle comes back as a weekly special. Lately a few of the better bundles have done that, and given a second chance to those who missed out the first time around.

The same thing happened to me. I thought about it, and by the time I decided to buy it was too late. In hindsight that was a killer deal. The price for the new Xcom plus DLC/addons, in addition to the original Xcom games, totaled almost $14 alone in this sale. So for basically a dollar and change more you got the Civ franchise. DOH!

My hope is that the bundle comes back as a weekly special. Lately a few of the better bundles have done that, and given a second chance to those who missed out the first time around.
My mentality is I played all the Civilization games, I tried Beyond Earth and I just no longer have the desire to "click one more turn" (I attribute this to being older and not caring quite as much), I played the Xcom games (the turn based tactical ones), so this would be basically getting a digital online collection of stuff I've owned in the past, plus some expansions. So my choice on that was that the $15 would go elsewhere.

Maybe they are running this sale in Asia and trying to pump up interest in steam there.

FYI I said heck with it and bought Soma. I'm about an hour in and it's a great game so far. Definitely enjoying it.

Am I missing something? I'm looking at Assassin's creed Rogue and Unity. The bundle is more expensive than getting them individually. Why?

Back