Steam issue

Skids1

Gawd
Here is my issue, my son's steam account cannot sign in at all to any PC. If you try it says "Steam is having trouble connecting to the steam servers" This happens under Windows 10 and under windows 7 on both PCs. I have submitted a troubleshooting ticket with Steam as well. My primary account for steam works just fine with no issues. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

This happens to me a lot, usually though I just immediately retry connecting and it goes through. But if you mean it's on the same computer well that's strange as this message would generally mean either the servers are too busy or there is a problem with the internet connection.

And what gets me is the account will not connect on either PC, but my steam account will connect on both of them just fine.

I was having issues signing into Steam over the weekend, too. It seems like they have been having intermittent issues all week. When you get the screen dialog that asks if you want to retry connection, quit instead. Usually quitting and restarting Steam works better than retry connection.

any change it could be caused by your son getting banned because he was running trainers/hacks in MP games?

I recall having this problem with my g/f's account a few months ago and that I found the fix on a steam support forum.

It all started when I set up steam family sharing.

I wish I could remember what the fix was... I think I had to enter the wrong password once for the account or try and recover the account or something. Re-installing steam or deleting the profile from the local computer did not help in my case; it had to do with how I logged in and it made little sense. Perhaps unchecking the "remember me" thing on logon, failing the logon once and then logging in with the correct UN/PW...

Best of luck!

any change it could be caused by your son getting banned because he was running trainers/hacks in MP games?
A VAC ban will not prevent you from logging into your Steam account. Steam accounts can only be banned for phishing, hacking, credit card spoofing, and other malicious activities as far as I'm aware.

Back