[Steam] Command & Conquer™ The Ultimate Collection 50% off @ $9.88

CAD4466HK

2[H]4U
Get Command & Conquer™ The Ultimate Collection 50% off @ $9.88 from Steam.

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/39394/Command__Conquer_The_Ultimate_Collection/

Command & Conquer™ The Ultimate Collection includes:

• Command & Conquer
  • Command & Conquer: The Covert Operations
  • Command & Conquer: Red Alert
  • Command & Conquer: Red Alert: Counterstrike
  • Command & Conquer: Red Alert: The Aftermath
  • Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun
  • Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun Firestorm
  • Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2
  • Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge
  • Command & Conquer: Renegade
  • Command & Conquer: Generals
  • Command & Conquer: Generals: Zero Hour
  • Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars
  • Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars: Kane's Wrath
  • Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3
  • Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3: Uprising
  • Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight
Are you ready for the ultimate real-time strategy experience? Gather resources, build your base, and create the most powerful armies in the world before engaging the enemy in all-out war. Fight as the Global Defense Initiative or the Brotherhood of Nod as they clash over the rare mineral Tiberium in the classic original series. Challenge the red menace in an alternate universe in Red Alert, then step into the near future with Generals as China and the United States battle the Global Liberation Army, a terrorist organization hell-bent on bringing the world to its knees. However you play, you’ll enjoy limitless hours of RTS Command & Conquer gaming with 10 base games and 7 in-depth expansion packs.

damn good deal. gonna have to check if i have this one or not, i might have paid full price last year....
edit: nope, but got most of it already anyways. oh well. still a steal if you dont got em.

Last edited:
I still go back and play some Generals once in a while. That and BF:Vietnam were staples for me and my brothers back in the early 2000s.

me, a buddy, his dad and his friends used to LAN generals in the early 00s, was so fun.

By any chance are any of these quasi-drm-free (as in, can run after buying without using steam as the launcher)? I bought Red Alert and the original C&C on Origin when they released there, and I had a bit of buyer's remorse for needing to use the launcher. GoG has spoiled me I guess.

Command & Conquer and Command & Conquer: Red Alert were literally the games that got me into PC gaming back in the 90's. As a kid, I'd pretty much just play those games all day long. That said, the graphics on those earlier games are pretty primitive, designed for the glory of 640x480 resolution gaming.

By any chance are any of these quasi-drm-free (as in, can run after buying without using steam as the launcher)? I bought Red Alert and the original C&C on Origin when they released there, and I had a bit of buyer's remorse for needing to use the launcher. GoG has spoiled me I guess.
CnC and Red Alert were both released for free by Westwood a while back (missing a number of the original bgms unfortunately), you may be able to dl them from the site still, not sure. Alternatively, there are other sites which host the ISOs if you search.

Obviously, the retail release ISOs are not free under the same terms, due to certain IP that they contain.

Edit: the website is down, was on westwood.ea.com iirc. Post 9 at this archived site has links to the files on ea's servers, which are also archived.

Last edited:
CnC and Red Alert were both released for free by Westwood a while back (missing a number of the original bgms unfortunately), you may be able to dl them from the site still, not sure. Alternatively, there are other sites which host the ISOs if you search.

Obviously, the retail release ISOs are not free under the same terms, due to certain IP that they contain.

Edit: the website is down, was on westwood.ea.com iirc. Post 9 at this archived site has links to the files on ea's servers, which are also archived.
I forgot about that. I was referring to the remasters in this case, but now that I use my brain, these aren't those.

I forgot about that. I was referring to the remasters in this case, but now that I use my brain, these aren't those.
Yeah, and unfortunately the assets are stored/handled differently, so you can't just copy them over to the old game directory. Support is being added to openra, but afaik it's not done.

afa whether the remaster is drm free, I'm not sure. Would have to do some research.

I bought it yesterday for Generals and found out yet again what an absolute dogshit company EA is. No widescreen support and locked at 30fps.. Unbelievable. Refunded.
And before you come in here yelling about your mods.. Just stahp. Dearest andrew wilson. Eat my entire ass.

I bought it yesterday for Generals and found out yet again what an absolute dogshit company EA is. No widescreen support and locked at 30fps.. Unbelievable. Refunded.
And before you come in here yelling about your mods.. Just stahp. Dearest andrew wilson. Eat my entire ass.
I mean it's basically the original games with the minimal effort to make them work on windows (not necessarily modern windows, either). Only reason you should buy this bundle is if you don't own any/most of the original games, and you would like to play them (with or without mods).

My understanding is that if you own any parts of the bundle on Steam already from when those items USED to be available on Steam (pre-Origin), it will automagically further increase the discount to compensate... you will only be buying the parts you don't already have (again, on Steam).

Also note that the Command & Conquer and Red Alert 4K Remasters they released a couple of years ago are NOT included in this bundle.

Nice, can't see if these will run in Win10 or 11 before I bite.

Zade did a video on it and said they work... but the entire bundle (if you have nothing from it already) is only $10 right now. On top of that Steam DOES have the money-back guarantee. Feel free to give it a shot and confirm if it works.

Also note that the Command & Conquer and Red Alert 4K Remasters they released a couple of years ago are NOT included in this bundle.
If anyone is interested in the C&C Remastered Collection it's on sale for $7 via EA Store (Spring Sale going on right now).

For Multiplayer needs and links to the freeware RA and other games go here:

https://cncnet.org/

I think I already have this on EA's launcher so this is a pass for me. I still have the dvd box collection "the first decade" which I think has all the games but RA3 and C&C3/4.

For Multiplayer needs and links to the freeware RA and other games go here:

https://cncnet.org/

I think I already have this on EA's launcher so this is a pass for me. I still have the dvd box collection "the first decade" which I think has all the games but RA3 and C&C3/4.
I miss my pre 9/11 RA2 games, the user custom maps in multiplay were crazy, had the 1st Decade also.

Red Alert 2 :(
1710078242952.png

I’ve found sometimes things like this are better left to wonderful nostalgia.

When I buy this type of game for a trip down memory lane, I’ll install it, play it a few minutes, realize games have come so much further in 25 years, and likely never touch it again.

It's ridiculous I can't just buy RA2 seperately...

I've already got the C&C/RA1 remaster along with C&C3+Kanes Wrath and RA3+Exp (Never cared for Generals... I know, i know - blasphemy)

Generals was great at LAN parties. But we would get the dreaded "server mismatch" from time to time, which would kick you from the game. This seemed to always happen when we were getting the upper hand on the AI.. Not sure why the net code was never improved. Games like SC2 never had the issue no matter the amount of units it seems. I bought Generals and Zero Hour multiple times over the years.

Generals was great at LAN parties. But we would get the dreaded "server mismatch" from time to time, which would kick you from the game. This seemed to always happen when we were getting the upper hand on the AI.. Not sure why the net code was never improved. Games like SC2 never had the issue no matter the amount of units it seems. I bought Generals and Zero Hour multiple times over the years.
Westwood had been integrated into EA by then and you can't expect much at that point.

Being kicked beats getting minutes into the game and having your base blow up. EA's "fun" idea of copy protection.

Back