Steam 2013 Winter sale is here! runs from December 19th to January 2nd.

hey hey...I see New Vegas as a Daily Deal...$6.79 for the Ultimate Edition...the game should be under $5 by now...I'll just buy the best of the DLC (Old World Blues) for $2.49

Still an amazing price for the amount of content you get

Spent exactly zero dollars so far, bought the games I wanted on the sale they had a month ago. All they keep pushing this sale is stupid indie games.

Spent exactly zero dollars so far, bought the games I wanted on the sale they had a month ago. All they keep pushing this sale is stupid indie games.

A lot of the indie games are a blast, Contagion, Starbound...the list goes on.

But I guess if you need AAA Call of Duty or BF4 to have fun to each his own.

The Swapper isn't. Tired and cliched platformer. OOoooo you have a gun that can shoot and swap copies of yourself!!! Even good ambience and sound can't save ugly, blurred art and tired gameplay mechanics. Waste of 5 bucks.

The Swapper isn't. Tired and cliched platformer. OOoooo you have a gun that can shoot and swap copies of yourself!!! Even good ambience and sound can't save ugly, blurred art and tired gameplay mechanics. Waste of 5 bucks.

Didn't say they all were haha.

I watch gameplay and/or reviews of any game before I pick it up. If you guys don;t then it's on you when you end up with a turd & are out $5.

Didn't say they all were haha.

I watch gameplay and/or reviews of any game before I pick it up. If you guys don;t then it's on you when you end up with a turd & are out $5.

I did but the game looked way better than it actually was. I'm not far yet, maybe 45 minutes, but so far it has been extremely tedious and cliched.

The only thing I've bought so far was Portal 2 for $4.99. Between that, Battlefield 4, and going back to work after 10 days off I think I'll be ok. I still have games from a sale a few years ago that I haven't installed yet.

GRID2 looks enticing, but I'm kind of turned off by all of the DLC. Anyone here play? How's the online community?

I could have swore we had a Steam [H] members thread and another for trading cards. Does anyone have 7 or 8 they can trade to me? I can trade away 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 10.

To each his own; I'd say the fact that the majority of reviews and user feedback for the game are positive means that you're in the minority.

Just a heads up; I'd take everything requiem says with a grain of salt (he also didn't like Bioshock: Infinite and Fez, both of which got excellent reviews). And req, you thought the positive opinions about State of Decay were bullshite, only to realize it's actually a good game.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion and I realize everyone won't feel the same way about every game, but you state your negative opinions of games as facts and it could cause others to pass up games that they would enjoy and find excellent.

I would encourage everyone to do independent research instead of blindly taking the word of someone here (anyone), and keep in mind if a game has a metascore of 80+ it's usually a damn good game...I've seen few exceptions to that observation.

To each his own; I'd say the fact that the majority of reviews and user feedback for the game are positive means that you're in the minority.

Just a heads up; I'd take everything requiem says with a grain of salt (he also didn't like Bioshock: Infinite and Fez, both of which got excellent reviews). And req, you thought the positive opinions about State of Decay were bullshite, only to realize it's actually a good game.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion and I realize everyone won't feel the same way about every game, but you state your negative opinions of games as facts and it could cause others to pass up games that they would enjoy and find excellent.

I would encourage everyone to do independent research instead of blindly taking the word of someone here (anyone), and keep in mind if a game has a metascore of 80+ it's usually a damn good game...I've seen few exceptions to that observation.

seconded. also brothers is still on sale today, if you didnt pick it up yesterday. amazon also price matched plus were doing the $5 coupon for use in jan thing yesterday, not sure if that's still up. either way, great game. played through most of it yesterday and gonna finish it today. it is not complex, and not very challenging, but it is a very fun and refreshingly new game, and from what i understand the story gets pretty tear-jerky at the end.

Outlast is now $6.79...still a decent deal but I'm going to wait till it drops under $5...I'm not going to play it anytime soon so I can wait...Alan Wake at $2.99 is a steal for anyone that doesn't yet have the game...Steam recently added a bunch of bonus materials to it as well...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/268560/

The point of talking about the quality of games in a sale thread is sharing diverse and differing opinions. Anyone who buys based on one post on a forum, any post, is an idiot. But who does that? You love Bioshock, I get that, but stop with the fanboy snarling. I'm not doing anything different from anyone else in this thread: buying games, playing them, and talking about them. Get over it.

Back on topic for today's sale... don't miss KSP if you're interesting in sandbox builders, I've put a couple hundred hours into it to date and while the technical problems continue to go unresolved (worryingly, as it has been a long time now) the game itself is a blast.

This reminds me I need to redeem my AMD silver code for 2 games before the end of the year and get the Steam licenses. :eek:

The point of talking about the quality of games in a sale thread is sharing diverse and differing opinions. Anyone who buys based on one post on a forum, any post, is an idiot. But who does that? You love Bioshock, I get that, but stop with the fanboy snarling. I'm not doing anything different from anyone else in this thread: buying games, playing them, and talking about them. Get over it.

umad?

In all honesty, I welcome differing viewpoints but yours come off like facts, as if everyone else is wrong and if I enjoy a game that you didn't then I'm an idiot (or a fanboy) for doing so. Besides all that, the issue I have is that you rarely post anything positive about any game, and I'm not the only one who noticed it.

Maybe you just need more time with each game; after all, you did a 180* on State of Decay after completely trashing it.

Nothing wrong with talking about games but it just seems like there are few that you enjoy, that's all.

hey hey...I see New Vegas as a Daily Deal...$6.79 for the Ultimate Edition...the game should be under $5 by now...I'll just buy the best of the DLC (Old World Blues) for $2.49

The thing is, it was under $5 on last year's Xmas sale (picked it up for $4.99).

I have a feeling that GOTY edition prices are being raised to 66% off instead of 75% off this time around for many games.

Is any of the DLC for M:LL worth it? Not seeing much there that seems to really add to the story itself.

You're lying and boring me at the same time. I said it appeared that many review sites online had fake reviews posted for State of Decay and I stand by that statement even more after watching my wife play the game for a week.

edit: and I 100% stand by my negative opinions regarding Bioshock, Call of Duty, or whatever other Mainstream Sequel Generator you can name. Mainstream badly coded garbage sequels are the problem with video games today, not the solution.

Last edited:
You're lying and boring me at the same time. I said it appeared that many review sites online had fake reviews posted for State of Decay and I stand by that statement even more after watching my wife play the game for a week.

edit: and I 100% stand by my negative opinions regarding Bioshock, Call of Duty, or whatever other Mainstream Sequel Generator you can name. Mainstream badly coded garbage sequels are the problem with video games today, not the solution.

I don't care if you're bored, and I have no reason to lie. I was simply making an observation.

You went from this:

"Everyone I know personally who has played the game says not to touch it, it's a bullshit B console port with very little effort and way too much fake hype."

To this:

"Bought State of Decay for my wife and watched her play for a while. Looks like good quality fun if you like console style open world "GTA + Dead Island" gameplay with some survival/building/management elements thrown in. I have to say I'm intrigued and would buy it for myself as well if it supported surround. No "crap port" problems observed whatsoever so far and the game itself is genuinely fun if you like the genre."

And:

"Watched my wife play State of Decay most of the evening and that game is pretty damn solid if you like open world zombie survival. Definitely, definitely an alternative to DayZ et al if you don't mind the fact it's more GTA with party/management/inventory elements rather than a tactical solo survival (and the fact it's all single player only).

Easily worth the money, including the expansion/DLC assuming it is similar quality. I'm still considering buying it for myself, even without support for surround."

Contradict yourself much?

And not only am I no proponent of CoD, I also own and enjoy quite a few NON-mainstream indie titles, so that shows how much you know about me just because I happen to disagree with you about Bioshock. You also hated on L.A. Noire and Fez, so don't act like garbage mainstream sequels are the only games you have a problem with, and don't assume that garbage mainstream sequels are the only games that I play and enjoy.

If you want to discuss this further, feel free to PM me because I don't want to clog up this thread any further with crap that no one else cares about.

edit: Nevermind, I really don't want to engage! Ignored and forgotten! :)

Last edited:
The Steam mobile app is useful for these situations.

Yep, have been keeping it up 24/7 since the sale started, even with the extra power it uses. Picked up a few games by rolling over in bed, grab the phone, buy, and go back to sleep. :D

Ugh. Was hoping Dragon Age would come back as flash sale or community choice. A friend just dropped the bomb on me that he's never played it and I'd love to pick it up for him.

Alan Wake reminds me of a newer version of the old Resident Evil games on PSX. The atmosphere is really great in that game.

I picked up remember me. camera & controls is one of the irritating things about it. does have some interesting concepts, worth the purchase @ 75% off

Wrack looks promising if you like cel-shaded graphics. Looks kinda like the lovechild of XIII and Deus Ex...

Yep, have been keeping it up 24/7 since the sale started, even with the extra power it uses. Picked up a few games by rolling over in bed, grab the phone, buy, and go back to sleep. :D

Glad I'm not the only one guilty of this...

Back