Steam 2011 Holiday Sale is here!!

It is generally considered one of the better games (not better insert platform here game) period. Plays perfectly fine using mouse/keyboard, in fact I prefer it this way (there are some aiming sequences), but I have not really played the recent console generations other than occasionally so I not used to the idea of thumbsticks at all.

same thing here deals sucked and I ready had most of the major titles in my collection.

I am cursed to only buy games that have a REALLY long play time. Only games I bought this year were Witcher 2, BF3, and Skyrim.

So, I finally got some Gift Pile achievements for games I already owned. Anyone want to trade for:

Freedom Force
50% off Valve
25% off Valve
50% off Worms CrazyGolf
50% off Max Payne 2

Has anyone seen the Poker Night at the Inventory game for around 1.50? I heard awhile back someone sold it for a dollar something. I'd like to own it, but I just don't see myself playing it a whole hell of a lot so I'd like to get it as cheap as possible.

And while Im asking, how about SPAZ (space pirates and zombies), any cheaper than 5 bucks anywhere?

Picked up Alice: Madness Returns. I almost forgot about this game!

edit - if I can within the next 15 mins, looks like their web server is slow as hell right now.

edit - if I can within the next 15 mins, looks like their web server is slow as hell right now.

There will be an additional 2 or 3 hours more for each previous daily deals after the end of its daily period.

The previous day's sales stay up for a couple of hours into the next one.

Sonic Generations seems to be on a 66% daily deal for 28 hours although the next day's deal haven't started yet.

Don't know if its an error or whats going on, but grab it while its still there at $10 if anyone wants it.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/71340/

Batmas AA is an amazingly fun game. Visually impressive and just plain as hell fun beating down the bad guys.

Bastion, soundtrack worth it?

Haven't picked up much myself, own most of what I wanted already. :D

Bastion, soundtrack worth it?
There are some really good tracks on it, and the game's soundtrack won several Spike VGA awards for its music (best individual track and best overall soundtrack). I bought the soundtrack a while back to show support for the composer.

You can listen to previews of everything on the soundtrack here. Personal favorites: Bynn The Breaker, Setting Sail Coming Home, Zulf's Theme, Zia's Theme.

in for alice MR and far cry 1.

can anyone recommend multiplayer controller enabled games on same screen. aside from blur and SF4. wanna be able to play multiplayer games on the tv hooked up to my gaming rig. already have blur and jamestown and sf4.

Am I crazy or have there been no achievements for the gift pile for the past two days (25th & 26th).

EDIT:
Never mind. They came back..?

Last edited:
I played the original Far Cry game when it came out and I fell in love with it! That is one game that I have played so many times.

So, when Far Cry 2 came out, a few years ago, I bought it right away. I was very disappointed to find out that it had nothing to do with the original game. Someone apparently bought the rights to the title and put the title on this game to make money taking advantage of people who had loyalty to the original game.

If you have only played the first game, do not buy this if you expect it to have anything to do with the original.

nvm taken care of.

And NO take from someone that actually finished FarCry 2. It's just fucking horrible. You do the same 3 missions nearly 50 times and thats it. Thats the whole game. The story is awful. fucking foul. By the time I was done I felt like I had just been fucking tortured. Anyone who actually buys this game will not play it. It will sit in your steam library til the end of time. You'll never finish it. I'll swear by that. I finished it because I lost of a bet. I don't do those bets anymore.

Last edited:
Bulletstorm is a better game than is generally perceived I think, I had a blast playing it.
Same here. It's one of the better FPS games that came out this year. It's too bad it didn't sell that well because a sequel would have been great.

Totally agree with the other two who recommended not bothering with Far Cry 2 (I loved Far Cry 1). Waste of money, and it'd be an absolute chore if I ever force myself to finish it.

In my cart so far:
- Bulletstorm
- Rock of the Ages
- Anomaly: Warzone Earth

On the fence about:
- Beat Hazard (I played the demo, and the gameplay didn't seem to follow the music flow much -- Audiosurf does a better job of it)
- Sonic Generations (I flatout suck at platformers, so if I do get this, it'd be for nostalgia)
- Red Faction (can we please get a compilation pack of these so I don't have to buy each one separately?)

Just FYI, Amazon has price matched most of today's sales (Red Faction, Sonic Generations, Bulletstorm, King's Bounty) wherever, they also hold the game. Might be worth grabbing it from there since you get a $5 promo code.

I played the original Far Cry game when it came out and I fell in love with it! That is one game that I have played so many times.

So, when Far Cry 2 came out, a few years ago, I bought it right away. I was very disappointed to find out that it had nothing to do with the original game. Someone apparently bought the rights to the title and put the title on this game to make money taking advantage of people who had loyalty to the original game.

If you have only played the first game, do not buy this if you expect it to have anything to do with the original.
I thought it was made perfectly clear that Far Cry2 had nothing to do with the first game. the game was talked about for months and months before release. in fact you are the first person I have seen that did not seem to get that memo. :confused:

So far, I haven't really seen any deals that struck me as amazing. Then again, with TOR and BF3, I don't see myself buying much of anything.

Although, I did buy X3: Albion Prelude and Bastion. Seems like Egosoft is the only company dedicated to the space simulation scene and I've heard nothing but good about Bastion.

Bulletstorm 4.99 USD
Anomaly: Warzone Earth 2.49 USD
Worms Reloaded Fort Booster Pack 1.24 USD
Worms Reloaded Retro Pack 1.24 USD
Bastion 5.09 USD
Sonic Generations 10.19 USD
Worms Crazy Golf Fun Pack 6.78 USD

"Test Drive Unlimited 2" looks pretty sweet, but has so-so 72/100 Metascore rating, not to mention I'm running out of HDD space and my computer won't be able to play it w/ full graphics, so I'll pass on that. :(

I love the soundtrack in that 1 video clip. :)

I keep getting a transaction error when checking out via PayPal. I hope they can get their asses together ASAP.

Anyone here play the original test drive? I remember playing it from 5.25" floppy disk.

http://splintergamer.co.uk/pcgaming/test-drive-a-look-back

Absolutely. My Dad and I used to take turns seeing who could get the best times. Test Drive 2 especially, which I think was the F40 vs 959, was the one we played the most. Good times.

edit: also in for 2 copies of bulletstorm and a copy of bastion for myself after the wife raved on and on and on about it and how the soundtrack was the best game soundtrack ever. Sold.

Is the Game of Thrones Genesis game any good? I am a fan of the books and tv series.

Is the Game of Thrones Genesis game any good? I am a fan of the books and tv series.
I would guess not.
RPS said:
It’s a licensed title that has tried to translate its source material into game concepts rather than visual cues, which is certainly admirable, but it’s been left completely lacking in character. Not just Game of Thrones character, but any real character at all. If it wasn’t branded it would, for a long time, seem like a historical strategy game based on an extremely uneventful conflict between several minute and long-forgotten baronies. Not really what fans want from Westeros, I suspect.

Tempted to get Farcry and Carcry 2 but sadly I know I will probably never get around to playing them. Especially if any skyrim expansions comeout in the next year.

Tempted to get Farcry and Carcry 2 but sadly I know I will probably never get around to playing them. Especially if any skyrim expansions comeout in the next year.

I really Enjoyed FarCry. I really enjoyed eating poop/I mean playing FarCry 2.

On the fence about:
- Beat Hazard (I played the demo, and the gameplay didn't seem to follow the music flow much -- Audiosurf does a better job of it)

BH does a pretty good job - it's kind of subtle and you don't always notice until you've put some hours into it. Having said that it is actually fun to play unlike Audiosurf.

I've always loved Sonic and since Generations has received raving reviews on PC I had to get it.

I wanted to get Red Faction Armageddon too but I think I should go easy on my wallet...

Damn bit too early on sonic on amazon the other day for 15...oh well it's worth it!

Damn bit too early on sonic on amazon the other day for 15...oh well it's worth it!

Same here, bought it for 15 from Amazon. Oh well, we come out even if we use the $5 promo code from Amazon in January.

just got sonic generations. are the other sonic games worth it at all? theyre 50% off...

Back