Stealth Revision 2?

Here are the comparative curves:

http://swiftnets.com/forums/images/swiftech/stealth_vs_ek-pd.PNG

Now for the temps:

system setup:

EVGA i680 - E6600/Apogee GTX - EVGA 8800 GTX/Stealth Rev2 at 649/1053 no vmod - MCP655 pump, MCR220 Rad (fans at 12v)

Since this was a bench setup, the temps are reported as "over ambient". We used ATI tool fury cube to place the VGA under load.

MCW60: 21.5 ºC over ambient
Stealth: 21.2 ºC over ambient
EK block: 23.7 ºC over ambient
Stealth Rev2: 19.5 ºC over ambient

Seems like our bitching has got them to improve on the product. My excessive compulsiveness will almost mandate that I purchase those new blocks to replace my EK ones, but with the G92 core about 3-4 months away, I'm not sure it'll be worth it for an early adopter like me.

Quote from Gabe, from XS:

look, we have never done this before, I mean releasing a revision that early behind the original release.. and I feel pretty bad about it.

So we are going to do this: We'll give $40 off the purchase of Rev2 for anyone who owns the original. This is a factory direct deal. Just turn in your original invoice to michelle, and we'll ship you the Rev 2. As usual, this offer is valid for 30 days effective ship date of Rev 2 on July 23.

Nice little bonus for those who already own one and want the new improved one.

Seems Swiftech has been busy lately. Now they have a revison 2 of the Stealth cooler. It comes pre-bent witha convex surface. Whatever happened to flat surfaces...

http://www.swiftech.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=189

Crappy ass IHS from Intel and Nvidia is what happened. You might want to teach yourself a few things and read about tweaking the base of the Swiftech water blocks (base blowing) at any of the high-end water cooling forums or even at Swiftechs web site before you start asking such silly questions..............:D

Crappy ass IHS from Intel and Nvidia is what happened. You might want to teach yourself a few things and read about tweaking the base of the Swiftech water blocks (base blowing) at any of the high-end water cooling forums or even at Swiftechs web site before you start asking such silly questions..............:D

I already know well about the infamous problem. I guess you couldn't see that I was being facetious without a ;) Every time I think about a C2D I start thinking more about Opteron's. :D

Back