Static from Mouse or Keyboard to Audio?

adamj023

Limp Gawd
Ever since I got my new mouse and keyboard, (wired usb keyboard and laser mouse), the static coming in from the speaker system I have has been eliminated.

Could a USB port or broken mouse have caused this problem? I didn't even think it could fix the issue and I thought it was related to the speakers itself.

has to do with the shielding on EMI shielding properties of the motherboard layout.

Yeah, I've had this problem with some motherboards and not other. My Abit IP35 Pro board was probably the worst one when it came to static from the speakers whenever I moved the mouse. I ended up buying a PCI sound card and that went away.

The energy radiated my computer is minimal and stays confined to where I am which is why I won't use wireless equipment.

I am aware that everything used leaves a signature or trace based on the technology used in a given radius. But one must get close enough to the entry point in order to eavesdrop.

Computer forensics is a lot different than DNA or ballistics testing.

For instance: The U2 and other more modern classified technologies while complex still have inherent limitations and one can minimize exposure to these by relying on minimalistic technologies, ie wired keyboards over wireless spread spectrum and other wireless signal types.

Always keep the electronics and wireless profile low, so one can sustain greater control.

My speakers were drawing high levels of electricity drawing through the system as evidenced by the power draw and as evidenced when I powered on and off the speakers. And my mouse was disconnecting and reconnecting from the USB point.

I am assuming till further notice the issue lied with interference to the cable and when I put back all the cables, and swapped the keyboard and mouse out, it came from interference from something which is now gone. To this date I do not believe the interference was generated from outside, though in modern day it is possible to do things that I am not going to discuss on the internet.

Obviously optical/SPDIF would eliminate all such issues, unfortunately my computer did not come with such and so far the analog speakers are working fine.

Last edited:
Back