Starfield

Mantis quest gives a good free early ship. Freestar faction quest will get you one of the best ships in the game for free as well.
Any information on where I can find these quests? Don't want to go through a walkthrough.

Someone needs to make a Borg cube. :p
I don';t have the game but it seems it would have been done if there's not some physical limiting factor? There's way too many Trekkies out there to not attempt this. I'm guessing there's something stopping it?

lol my followers keep getting pissed at me for no reason. All I ever see is "so-and-so liked that" but both Andreja and Sarah have stopped and yelled at me out of nowhere. Andreja actually said she was gonna leave.
I just turned in a UC mission with Sarah and she told me to quit being as asshole, huh?

Must be a bug idk. I actually want to complete their quests before anymore of them die spontaneously.

Turns out there's a bug that prevents ships from spawning enemies, both boarded in space or when they land on a planet.
Bug is permanent unless you start NG+.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Starfield/comments/16f6t3g/npcs_not_spawning_on_planets_or_ships/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Starfield/comments/16ctp1a/bug_empty_enemy_ships/

I first noticed it happening after I met the starborn a few days ago. I was wondering why their ships were empty.

Hmm. I've pretty much stopped boarding ships, so I haven't seen this. Turns out after registration fees there is only a pittance to be made from selling them, so destroying them has been worth more from the perspective of unlocking my characters ship skills.

I've only run into the one starborn ship thus far (the first one), and when I knocked out its engine, I wasn't able to dock with it. The boarding button never popped up after I disabled the ship.

I think I have boarded ships with no one on board, but I also remember reading that critical hits during battle can kill all the crew, and I guessed something like that had happened (one would expect to find bodies, but I don't know how perfect the game is in that regard)

Early in the game (~level 8) I did board and seize a ship (which I in highly modified form am still using) and there were NPC's on board, but that wasn't just a combat ship I encountered. It was a random "sensor contact" ship event with a distress call from a captain being boarded by spacers or pirates (can't remember which) (and by the time I got there and cleared them out, the spacers had already killed the crew)

I'll have to board some ships from actual random combat and see if there are any NPC's on board.

So it took me a while to test this.

I actually had to reconfigure my ship, as my weapons were too powerful. They would do too much hull damage and destroy ships before allowing me to disable them, so I added a weaker gun to do the job.

I still get spawns inside boarded ships no problem.

Also, while trying to avoid spoilers, I ahve to lodge my extreme dissatisfaction with the main story quest No Sudden Moves

I always always always always play as the unambiguous "good guy". If I can't I usually just don't play a game.

My gameplay reflects the way I live my life. Always do the right thing no matter how harmful it is to yourself or those around you.

I spent hours reloading and retrying ways to complete the "No Sudden Moves" without theft or harming innocents, and there does not appear to be one. it is also a mandatory quest, or you can't complete the main story line.

Like WTF? This almost made me quit the game then and there.

Also, while trying to avoid spoilers, I ahve to lodge my extreme dissatisfaction with the main story quest No Sudden Moves

I always always always always play as the unambiguous "good guy". If I can't I usually just don't play a game.

My gameplay reflects the way I live my life. Always do the right thing no matter how harmful it is to yourself or those around you.

I spent hours reloading and retrying ways to complete the "No Sudden Moves" without theft or harming innocents, and there does not appear to be one. it is also a mandatory quest, or you can't complete the main story line.

Also, without giving spoilets, that's due to the quest being intertwined with another quest.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Also, without giving spoilets, that's due to the quest being intertwined with another quest.

Which quest is that? I don't think I got it intertwined with another quest in my playthrough?

Eventually I just gave up on trying to find a good way to complete the quest (it obviously wasn't designed that way) and then immediately jumped out of there direct to Neon and paid off my bounty.

Never saw any other quest tied to it.

Which quest is that? I don't think I got it intertwined with another quest in my playthrough?

Eventually I just gave up on trying to find a good way to complete the quest (it obviously wasn't designed that way) and then immediately jumped out of there direct to Neon and paid off my bounty.

Never saw any other quest tied to it.

Let me rephrase..

If any item is stolen from anywhere it'll kick off another quest with a faction. It is by design from what I gather.

Let me rephrase..

If any item is stolen from anywhere it'll kick off another quest with a faction. It is by design from what I gather.

Interesting. I may have inadvertently circumvented this by fast traveling to Neon and paying off my bounty

View attachment 597925
This game is a ridiculous timesink - and absolutely unbelievably stable for a 2023 released game let alone a Bethesda developed one! 691 minutes in a single session (with in-game menu pauses throughout the day). CP2077 wasn't able to do that (usually crashed after 15-20 minutes within the in-game pause menu). Sure the Creation Engine is jank and old and blablabla but... man I just can't believe it ran all day without a single crash.

I haven't played a game this much in a single session since well... the Skyrim midnight release I suppose. It's nice to know it's still possible for me to enjoy a game to this extent at least. The last 10 years or so had me worried with mounting cynicism and just disinterest towards most large gaming releases. Only downside is I am sore from gaming all day now haha.

Heh, racked up 155.9 hours already. Hit level 57 today from doing missions and helping outposts.

I'm pretty sure you can straight up Intimidate him if you have that trait (I did; and save scum'ing helps); and there is a 'back' way into there via two emergency doors that you cut the pins to access.... If you do the most of the Ryushin questline there is the possibility that opens up another avenue of non-murdering-everyone finish for that too, but I didn't try it.

Last edited:
Touch Grass!

Just kidding, I'm guessing it's got your approval then?

Yes, Starfield does.

This is my main weapon: Shattering Shotgun with long barrel, recon scope and suppressor. Tight grouping allows for sniping around 120 or so meters.

AceGoober_Shatter_Shotgun_001.jpg

Man people are casually dropping NG+ spoilers everywhere these days.

I've been trying to put even the slightest spoilers behind spoiler tags.

I'm not at NG+ yet though. Not sure I'll even play at NG+.

As with every game I've played before it, once the story quests are done, I'm done. No point in continuing to play at that point.

If people can't stop themselves from reading them, then that is on them :p

You can just fly around and see if you can get ship landing zone on a planet.
Then sneak in and steal the ship. I got some really nice ships that way.

Although the most fun way and quite fast is to level up trading, get about 200k credits and then level up piloting and starship design and build your own ship :)
I was able to build a monster of a ship for about 300k. I'm lvl 25 and I can take on several ships twice my level.

The "small" containers for outposts have a laughably small amount of storage space. 75 kg? Really? I assume to get larger ones you have to invest skill points into outpost shit, which I don't really want to do.

Hell, the damn large storage crate you can build for way cheaper has twice the storage as a giant industrial storage container, but of course those ones don't link to the rest of your outpost, so...

Bunch of variables to change object colors on the scanner.
The mod author unified everything, all white, all purple, etc. I'll poke around with them today.

https://www.nexusmods.com/starfield/mods/3223

edit:
Just a small change, containers and lootables are yellow. Also shrank the border size on NPC's and gave them a blue fill.

starfield_scancolors.png

The "small" containers for outposts have a laughably small amount of storage space. 75 kg? Really? I assume to get larger ones you have to invest skill points into outpost shit, which I don't really want to do.

Hell, the damn large storage crate you can build for way cheaper has twice the storage as a giant industrial storage container, but of course those ones don't link to the rest of your outpost, so...

I think you can open the console and target any container to change its capacity with the 'carryweight' setting.
There's also a mod to increase capacity of all player-made containers.

https://www.nexusmods.com/starfield/mods/643

Last edited:
https://www.gamesradar.com/starfiel...y-to-show-off-the-outpost-builders-potential/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Starfield/...=web3xcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

Given that it's pretty difficult to find a flat surface to build on, Starfield players were keen to know how Hackoox managed to create the foundation for their sizable creation. The player explained in the comments that this was achieved by painstackingly laying over 3,000 floor mats on top of each other.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DatHre56HU

Has anyone made a mod for a better save game system? I looked on Nexxus and didnt see anything. Bethesda's save game system has always been bad in their games in my opinion. Starfield being no different.

Keep in mind we're nearing the point where a lot of people are finishing this game up. I'm basically around 140 hours and I would say I'm almost done with the game.

Back