Starfield

I don't get my key from AMD rewards until 9 - 6 - 23, I am sure they will break the download server on that day for sure! being the game was free and this Gigabyte board has 3 x M2 slots and with all the good sales of late, I bought a cheap $42.99 Crucial P3 Plus 1tb gen 4 x4 just for this one game to be on!

Waiting for 9 - 6 - 23 is like that piece of new hardware in the mail.

I've pre-ordered on Steam and pre-loaded, I'm ready to be both disappointed in what features I know or assume the game will lack (DLSS, ray tracing, Dolby Atmos, HDR, etc.) and in how fast my computer can decrypt the game versus downloading it after pre-load. I'm mostly exited to do boring repetitive crap to progress whatever story there will be.

So the game has no raytracing? That just means we can expect supreme performance.

I recently played Ratchet & Clank with ray tracing. Got around 120 frame rates with DLSS and DLSS frame gen. I can say I did not notice much of a difference between frame gen on or off. At least for that type of game where precise movements aren't necessary, it was certainly nice and allow me to game at around 110-120 frame rates with ray traying maxed out.

why do all the planets look so empty in the trailers?...is this going to be another No Man's Sky where most of the planets are empty wastelands with nothing to do but collect resources?

why do all the planets look so empty in the trailers?...is this going to be another No Man's Sky where most of the planets are empty wastelands with nothing to do but collect resources?
I would imagine so. I’m expecting slightly better than the planets in Mass Effect 1.

I’m hoping there will be a number of hand crafted main planets/cities but I expect the rest of them to mostly be filler with a few resources.

I've pre-ordered on Steam and pre-loaded, I'm ready to be both disappointed in what features I know or assume the game will lack (DLSS, ray tracing, Dolby Atmos, HDR, etc.) and in how fast my computer can decrypt the game versus downloading it after pre-load. I'm mostly exited to do boring repetitive crap to progress whatever story there will be.
That RTX 3090 should make up for no DLSS if you will even need it!

That's my concern too. Looks more like a wallpaper generator than a game. Hoping to be proven wrong🤞

I'd love to see a NMS / Starfield type game where you can actually build on the planets. Like actual freeform building (and digging) in a Minecraft sense. And as you travel from planet to planet you can visit the cities that the community has created. It would totally solve the barren wasteland issue.

Last edited:
Rumor is Bethesda wanted to release last year but Microsoft convinced them to delay it to 2023 in order to fix bugs, and it seems that was the right decision which is paying off based on the early leaks. I wonder if the guys who started coding GameBryo 25 years ago are still around to appreciate that the engine they started become the core code of the biggest single player game in the world (until the next GTA).

.....has forced me to examine my life....
Hello, based on your posts in this thread you need to speak to a therapist IRL - no one here can properly impart the advice you need. Good luck.

Rumor is Bethesda wanted to release last year but Microsoft convinced them to delay it to 2023 in order to fix bugs,

You'd THINK Bethesda would've learned their lesson after the sh*t-show that was Fallout 76's launch lol

(FO76, Cyberpunk, & Diablo 4 being my only 3 pre-orders EVER besides this game - Please sweet, tiny, innocent, baby Jebus.... let it go well this time)

*Mad props again to FearTheCow for obvious reasons!!

I saw the same thing on Twitter and Reddit, I hope they are kidding smh.

1693440392299.png

1693440574893.png

the Premium Edition would have been a better value if it contained multiple expansions/DLC's...the 5-day Early Access is decent but not something I care about...DLC is more valuable but they're charging $30 more for the Premium Edition and the 1st DLC is not going to cost $30 so it's really not a good value...plus Bethesda DLC is hit or miss...I'll take the chance and purchase it separately if it's good

If anything, I reckon those of us that decided to wait till Sept 6th will end up on the receiving end of an initial hotfix patch ;)

Children of the sky flying up so high
Let me be that one to find the brightest sun
Children of the sky guided by the light
Let me reach new heights, to stars amongst the night!

Hello, based on your posts in this thread you need to speak to a therapist IRL - no one here can properly impart the advice you need. Good luck.
You’re right. I’ve been putting it off. I’m sorry I posted all that. :)

I have one last piece of advice for him...he said he never had a girlfriend until he was 50 years old, his GF left him and now he is back to where he was before...that is incorrect...now he's had a GF so now he knows what it feels like...so it's not the same as before...that should give him the confidence to go out and meet someone else...it's now possible...that alone should inspire him...

Just shut down my PC for the first time since February to dust it. I have a feeling this game will need every degree it can get...

Just shut down my PC for the first time since February to dust it. I have a feeling this game will need every degree it can get...

I'm not expecting this to be a system killer or anything close...it's not going to be a Cyberpunk or Hogwarts Legacy in any way...my 3080 should be able to max out everything at 1440p...

Rumor is Bethesda wanted to release last year but Microsoft convinced them to delay it to 2023 in order to fix bugs,

Microsoft delaying to fix bugs, what alternate reality is this?

Although really it does seem like Microsoft wanted this launch to be great. They spent a lot of money getting these studios and all of their recent games have been meh to decent at best. Their best studio, Remedy, left. So I assume they tried hard to make sure Starfield would be a big system seller. If this is very polished it may very well get some Playstation only gamers to buy an Xbox.

Although really it does seem like Microsoft wanted this launch to be great. They spent a lot of money getting these studios and all of their recent games have been meh to decent at best. Their best studio, Remedy, left. So I assume they tried hard to make sure Starfield would be a big system seller. If this is very polished it may very well get some Playstation only gamers to buy an Xbox.
They actually aren't too bad, historically. Not saying they've never had shaky releases but they often polish games decently well.

They also are hoping this will really move Xboxes and Gamepass subscriptions. The reason MS spent so much buying publishers is they've had enough of the common refrain of "Xbox and PS are real similar, so I bought a PS because it has better exclusives." They said "OK, fine, two can play at that game," and bought a bunch.

I'm gonna wait for a few patches most likely. I have plenty of stuff to play in the meantime, specifically Armored Core VI and Pikmin 4.

4 Hours couldn't come fast enough I asked some odd ball questions on Steam why the Hype for the game the reason was Skyrim and Fallout 4.
Also saw a thread that said Elder Scrolls 6 died for this game.

They were hands-off when it came to Redfall. I'm sure Microsoft would like to avoid another high-profile failure like that.

They were hands-off when it came to Redfall. I'm sure Microsoft would like to avoid another high-profile failure like that.
After the redfall, fiasco, you could say their existence as a legit AAA game provider is really riding on the success of starfield

Back