Starfield

In the end, what matters is when we play the game, we form our own opinions in our own words instead of what is said by someone else; reviewer or other players.

Each and every one of us are different and have different expectations. I'm playing Starfield for what it is, not what it could be, and having a blast as I don't look at what is wrong but what I can do within the boundaries of the game.

As of this moment, I have yet to see any game breaking bugs. Then again, I'm not really looking for them either. I'm having fun and isn't that what playing a game is all about?

nothing is wrong with liking the game more than others or even loving the game...but anytime anyone posts even the slightest criticism the same people jump on and immediately defend it to the death denying that those issues exist...literally every review I read stated that exploration and the fast travel aspect are really bad yet you have the same 3 people saying it's fine and anyone who says differently doesn't know what they're talking about etc...if those 3 people like the exploration then great but don't say that those other 100 people are wrong

it's OK to be critical of something you like, it doesn't mean you hate it...some people are so afraid to post negative impressions of something they like a lot because they feel that by doing so it must mean that they don't like it as much...I loved Elden Ring (and From Software games in general) but the game has its flaws- reskinned bosses/enemies, repetitive areas such as caves, catacombs etc...even as a self professed superfan of From Software I haven't bought their latest non-Souls game- Armored Core 6...why?...because the gameplay doesn't seem like my type of game plus reviews confirmed some of the things I was worried about

it doesn't mean I hate From Software from now on...it just means that for this 1 particular game I'm not feeling it as much...I judge games impartially which is a rarity among gamers...I liked all the Elder Scrolls and Fallout games...but that doesn't mean that I'm going to love Starfield or grade it on a curve based on their previous games...I judge a game on its own merits and not by past biases

Last edited:
Honestly a lot of this reminds me of discussions about how bad FO4 was back when it came out. Never took that serious either. Was also a great game, and that game had a huge amount of bugs at release that this one doesn’t.
That game was considered such a trash smear in the face of fo3 an nv at the time. So many bashing articles and reviews. Not sure when it transitioned to being a standard we need to hold other games to.

I think bethesda has always tossed out a buggy mess of a game. My first experiences with them was Daggerfall and Skynet.....

I'm getting killed in the space fight tutorial. Something seems weird about the controls. Do I need to be using Left-Alt + WASD to adjust stuff to make my ship more responsive during the fight? I feel like I'm sitting still and rolling around in a ball instead of flying, but I guess space is wide open so maybe that makes sense?

Kind of glad I don't have the hardware capable of playing Starfield at the moment, hopefully by the time I do there will be some decent mods to fix the fugly NPC face art! :ROFLMAO:

1693969687537.png

I enjoyed games like FO3/4 Skyrim etc and I'm enjoying Starfield. Sure it has issues but I think it's a good game and I'm having fun. Not sure what people were expecting but I feel like I got exactly what a dev like Bethesda is known for.

What is this turning into a ME: Andromeda thread now?
Well at least this is likely to be fixed by the Starfield modding community, same can't be said for ME Andromeda which didn't have any staying power. BTW I started playing ME:A the other day and I can honestly say that the NPC head art and facial animations are utterly terrible.

Well at least this is likely to be fixed by the Starfield modding community, same can't be said for ME Andromeda which didn't have any staying power. BTW I started playing ME:A the other day and I can honestly say that the NPC head art and facial animations are utterly terrible.
To be fair it took everything I had not to spit out my Scotch when I saw that post. :p

Cheats, exploits and secret rooms, get em' before their patched out of existence.

In the basement of The Lodge, locked away behind a glass case, is the Mark 1 Spacesuit. You can tell this suit means business because you need to be a ‘Master’ lockpicker to get to it; nothing screams invaluable item like a master-level obstacle. This suit promises incredible protection, which undoubtedly will help those struggling to stay with the game. But few people will achieve the rank of ‘Master’ so early in Starfield, so what’s the solution?

https://www.gamingbible.com/news/pl...it-available-via-simple-trick-294180-20230905

In a video posted on YouTube, user vNivara has revealed how you can make money worries a thing of the past in Starfield by stealing credits and stock from vendors' secret supply chests. Pulling this off requires a fair bit of creative traversal, so you're going to need two things straight off the bat. The first is a Power Boost Pack to allow you to glide through the air for a short time. You'll also require the Boost Pack Training skill to be Rank 2 so your boost pack uses less fuel.

https://www.gamesradar.com/starfiel...-existed-in-skyrim-rears-its-head-once-again/

As the Twitter and Reddit users pointed out below, Starfield is hiding secret passageways in some inconspicuous places. As you can see from both videos, these players have stumbled across an 'Emergency Cuttable Wall.' You'd be forgiven for walking past this small detail, unaware of what it's inviting you to do, as it just looks like a piece of set decoration.

https://www.gamesradar.com/the-secret-doors-in-starfield-are-actually-super-easy-to-break-into/

Kind of glad I don't have the hardware capable of playing Starfield at the moment, hopefully by the time I do there will be some decent mods to fix the fugly NPC face art! :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 596506

That is everyone on Youtube I finally played the game a bit untill I got to the 1st save spot I'm not sure if the Nvidia drivers are the ones supported for the game using 537.13

I don't care about anything else, I finally got all the upgrades so I could make a big dick ship. Class C particle cannons absolutely shred everything. First thing I did was go back to Kryx and unceremoniously wipe out all 40 or so of those red dudes (too tired to remember the name right now) that killed me once before when I accidentally jumped there.

20230906001440_1.jpg

I don't care about anything else, I finally got all the upgrades so I could make a big dick ship. Class C particle cannons absolutely shred everything. First thing I did was go back to Kryx and unceremoniously wipe out all 40 or so of those red dudes (too tired to remember the name right now) that killed me once before when I accidentally jumped there.

View attachment 596527
Try out turrets, with 4 of them my Kepler R shreds enemies on its own pretty good.

Cheats, exploits and secret rooms, get em' before their patched out of existence.

In the basement of The Lodge, locked away behind a glass case, is the Mark 1 Spacesuit. You can tell this suit means business because you need to be a ‘Master’ lockpicker to get to it; nothing screams invaluable item like a master-level obstacle. This suit promises incredible protection, which undoubtedly will help those struggling to stay with the game. But few people will achieve the rank of ‘Master’ so early in Starfield, so what’s the solution?

https://www.gamingbible.com/news/pl...it-available-via-simple-trick-294180-20230905

In a video posted on YouTube, user vNivara has revealed how you can make money worries a thing of the past in Starfield by stealing credits and stock from vendors' secret supply chests. Pulling this off requires a fair bit of creative traversal, so you're going to need two things straight off the bat. The first is a Power Boost Pack to allow you to glide through the air for a short time. You'll also require the Boost Pack Training skill to be Rank 2 so your boost pack uses less fuel.

https://www.gamesradar.com/starfiel...-existed-in-skyrim-rears-its-head-once-again/

As the Twitter and Reddit users pointed out below, Starfield is hiding secret passageways in some inconspicuous places. As you can see from both videos, these players have stumbled across an 'Emergency Cuttable Wall.' You'd be forgiven for walking past this small detail, unaware of what it's inviting you to do, as it just looks like a piece of set decoration.

https://www.gamesradar.com/the-secret-doors-in-starfield-are-actually-super-easy-to-break-into/
I miss the days of offline games where this stuff couldn't just be patched out :(.

The first time I did that, with no hints, there was a pirate on the other side trying to attack me so it wouldn't fall open. 😫

I'm more curious how to obtain the suit properly.
End game quest reward maybe.

20230906012842_1.jpg

This game feels like Fallout without the Vats there is so much stuff to loot not sure what to grab I think I stole 20 microscopes in the 1st area.
I'll keep the game Asmongold refunded it you should see the Steam thread.

Last edited:
Just realized there's a "show all quests" toggle on the missions menu.
Toggled that in Atlantis and like 5 quest markers appeared around me, had no idea they were even there because the game only tracks 1 by default.

starfield_missions.png

there are plenty of reviews that go into detail about what they feel is missing or why they feel it is disappointing...I don't need to link to them...just do a simple Google search...and yes expectations come with the release of Bethesda's first new AAA ip in forever...it's expected
And people having unrealistic expectations is somehow the game's fault?
They aren't let down by the game, they are let down by their own outlandish expectations.
There is plenty to criticize about the game, but most negatively toned reviews are complete garbage and don't even seem to get into the nitty gritty of the game just make superficial broad stroke statements for clicks. Like claiming you can't land on planets.

Just realized there's a "show all quests" toggle on the missions menu.
Toggled that in Atlantis and like 5 quest markers appeared around me, had no idea they were even there because the game only tracks 1 by default.

View attachment 596547
I found it distracting to show all of them, you never know which one is an activity you don't care about or a mission you want to do later. It would be better if instead of all or one you could just select the ones you want tracked.

And people having unrealistic expectations is somehow the game's fault?
They aren't let down by the game, they are let down by their own outlandish expectations.
There is plenty to criticize about the game, but most negatively toned reviews are complete garbage and don't even seem to get into the nitty gritty of the game just make superficial broad stroke statements for clicks. Like claiming you can't land on planets.

most negatively toned reviews' (as you call them) aren't even overtly negative...they are just pointing out some of the things the reviewer feels is weak...that's what a good review does- a balanced and unbiased look at the game...if you read the entire review they list the positives as well (such as the combat and lack of major bugs)...you're just focusing in on the negatives because you love to do that to make some kind of outlandish point (the recent examples I posted such as PC Gamer and others gave the game a 75% or 8/10 scores)

seems like you only want reviews that are one note- all positive or all negative...I love reading balanced reviews that list the positives and negatives...even for really bad games or really high scored games like Elden Ring I like to know both aspects

Last edited:
Deleted the pipeline cache out of app data and the rebuilt shaders let me get in. Still had a few problems and tried a bunch of stuff, not entirely sure what fixed it but I think it was taking out my quadro card but I did limit fps too

Turning off PBO, xmp memory timings etc that people suggested made no difference. The machine is rock solid otherwise and has been for a long time so I don’t think it’s anything else. I should probably do a memtest run anyway though, it’s been a while

Ship builder is heaps easier with a mouse I have to say

That’s his opinion. However, he’s just wrong. I’ve got a lot of time in pretty much every space game. Anyone coming into this expecting space sim is deluded.

And I’ve gone over the loading thing. It’s an idiotic opinion unless you’re comparing this to SC which is a game that will never release anyways.
Actually it is not even a half bad space sim, If someone wants to play dogfighter then build a small ship that is not as big as a house, you can do that in Starfield. The ship in the game serves as your home base, this is like complaining that your mobile home is not as fast around the nurburgring as a sports car. Not to mention there are skill upgrades that improve maneuverability.

SC is a pointless tech demo, if someone thinks that is the pinaccle of gaming then their gaming related opinions are to be taken with a grain of salt anyway.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
most negatively toned reviews' (as you call them) aren't even overtly negative...they are just pointing out some of the things the reviewer feels is weak...that's what a good review does- a balanced and unbiased look at the game...if you read the entire review they list the positives as well (such as the combat and lack of major bugs)...you're just focusing in on the negatives because you love to do that to make some kind of outlandish point (the recent examples I posted such as PC Gamer and others gave the game a 75% or 8/10 scores)

seems like you only want reviews that are one note- all positive or all negative...I love reading a balanced reviews that lists the positives and negatives...even for really bad games or really high scored games like Elden Ring I like to know both aspects
If a point is moot then it is moot. Just because they make other observations that are not wrong does not give them free reign to completely miss the mark on other points.
I've already brought up numerous criticisms for the game in this very topic. But they are criticisms of the actual game, and not based on my made up fantasies on what the game should be that I feel the game isn't fulfilling somehow.

Imagine if I made it a major point of criticism about Gran Turismo that you can't drive manually in the pits or can't manually drive on the road between racetracks. it sounds ridiculous doesn't it?
Complaining that you can't manually land a ship or fly between planets in Starfield has about the same merit.
It does not take away anything from the enjoyment of the game. And even the most vehement critics foaming at the mouth about it would be just using fast travel even if you could land manually, because it is much more convenient.
It would've been a waste of resources to implement it, and if the game was more buggy or took even longer to develop because of that it would be a bad trade-off for a gimmick that almost nobody would use in practice.

Is there a proper way to share He-3 among interstellar cargo links to power them all?
The only way I found to do it is via a gas storage tank connected to cargo platform, but that causes ALL gases to go into the tank at each outpost, and no longer be shared.

Do I have to build one interstellar cargo link per system on a planet with He3, and use that as a dedicated He-3 supply? Then send all the system's cargo to that one station to send out to other systems?

Last edited:
This game feels like Fallout without the Vats there is so much stuff to loot not sure what to grab I think I stole 20 microscopes in the 1st area.
I'll keep the game Asmongold refunded it you should see the Steam thread.

Surprise! Thats exactly what it is. I went in blind and didn't listen to anyones opinion or review, and I'm having a blast even with the usual Bethesda jank because I got pretty much exactly what I expected to see. And I'm enjoying it. Are there lots of bugs? Yep. Did I expect otherwise? Nope. Common sense would dictate that this was going to play pretty much exactly like Fallout 4s daddy.

So will the DLSS (or any other mod like neutral LUT) disable achievements? Or does that just happen when you use console commands?

So will the DLSS (or any other mod like neutral LUT) disable achievements? Or does that just happen when you use console commands?
Loose files and INI edits don't disable achievements, any of the autoexec stuff or "console" commands will.
To get around that, there are at least 2 Achievement Enablers on Nexus.

LUT and DLSS mods don't disable them.

edit:
Because someone asked about this earlier.

https://www.nexusmods.com/starfield/mods/1018
This mod fixes an issue, where companions and other NPCs can still your kill and you get no XP for it.
Code:
SetGS fXPDeathRewardHealthThreshold 0.001

Last edited:
Spent a two hours looking for Tree Sensors and Circuit breaker boxes in the Well. Had to use a Walkthrough on some of the locations because it's like it's right here on the blue marker but then it's not. I do think the game is better than Cyberpunk 2077 it might not be as colorfull with gamma cranked to 11 but who needs that anyway.

Last edited:
I really feel there was a missed opportunity here, I'll put a spoiler for those that didn't know about this like me-

I wish you could use your powers you gain for conversation checks, like instead of persuasion use the gravity power to smoosh someone into the floor and make them see things your way. Would have been really cool.

Back