Star Wars: The Old Republic: Video Profession Guide for Biochem & Bio-analysis!

np, I've been checking my refreshing my email on my phone hoping to see an invitation to early access for the 13th.

They have stated they will not be sending emails out till tues. Hope this saves some battery life for you.

They have stated they will not be sending emails out till tues. Hope this saves some battery life for you.

So they are gonna make me wake up before 7am just to see if I start that day? Lame. The way they are handling this launch is baffling me. Bringing forums down for 3 days right before launch, then no grace period, and last minute emails. Hopefully I get in Tuesday, then all is forgiven.

Taking the forums down after a beta and just prior to launch is standard for MMO's. They set them up so only subscribers can access them. Perfectly normal.

Everything else they are doing is all about controling the floodgates. If they sent out emails early as to when you could play early access you could plan for it. Maybe take some time off work or rearrange your schedule. The the servers would have more people hitting them all at once. By not telling you till that very moment you can't plan for it and it should help break up the people logging in throughout the day.

As far as a grace period, i've never known an MMO to have one. And i've played a lot of MMO's. I've pre-orderd many and have been waiting on release day for my copy to arrive. So really it doesn't bother me at all.
But I imagine they did it so those who did pre-ordered but cancelled wouldn't be able to play on release day and add to the flood of people trying to log in at once.

Game execs don't sit in a back room and think of ways to screw over their customers. It's bad for business and we know money drives business. They have a reason for everything they do. And in this case I believe it's to reduce queues and sever crashes from people hitting them all at once which would result in disgruntled players.

Last edited:
So they are gonna make me wake up before 7am just to see if I start that day? Lame. The way they are handling this launch is baffling me. Bringing forums down for 3 days right before launch, then no grace period, and last minute emails. Hopefully I get in Tuesday, then all is forgiven.

They gave you two extra early access days...chill

Taking the forums down after a beta and just prior to launch is standard for MMO's. They set them up so only subscribers can access them. Perfectly normal.

Everything else they are doing is all about controling the floodgates. If they sent out emails early as to when you could play early access you could plan for it. Maybe take some time off work or rearrange your schedule. The the servers would have more people hitting them all at once. By not telling you till that very moment you can't plan for it and it should help break up the people logging in throughout the day.

As far as a grace period, i've never known an MMO to have one. And i've played a lot of MMO's. I've pre-orderd many and have been waiting on release day for my copy to arrive. So really it doesn't bother me at all.
But I imagine they did it so those who did pre-ordered but cancelled wouldn't be able to play on release day and add to the flood of people trying to log in at once.

Game execs don't sit in a back room and think of ways to screw over their customers. It's bad for business and we know money drives business. They have a reason for everything they do. And in this case I believe it's to reduce queues and sever crashes from people hitting them all at once which would result in disgruntled players.

Well the reason people are upset about the grace period is not because they actually said in interviews that there would be one. I probably would have ordered the DDE if I had know there wasn't one but I'm not too worried about it. I'd rather have the game release 2 days earlier and miss a day or two of play time a week later anyway.

Well the reason people are upset about the grace period is not because they actually said in interviews that there would be one.

Yes, actually, it is. There was plenty of evidence of this from the official forums. Reid even commented on it.

Back