Star Wars: Dark Forces Remaster

20240228091024_1.jpg

This game is good like the level design everything is hidden. You can change the music to non Midi to
Opi which doesn't sound as twangy. I never played the original if I did I think it was the shareware. I had to rebind the E key on my X-box controller to B for use for some reason.

Last edited:
Comparing the game play in this to the DF II remaster mod I installed last night... the mod I installed is a LOT better looking in game from what I can see from the YT footage of the paid DF remaster... The mod really put a nice paint-job on DF II and it plays very well too.. fast n furious - Quake 2 style. idk.. I'll probably pick up this remaster too once I am done with DF II.

Edit. This is the only pic took this of DF II with the mod..
IMG_4087.jpeg

This doesn’t give the mod full justice. But shows a little of the improved textures.

Last edited:
I remember when this game came out. I saw that the minimum RAM requirement was 4MB but that 16MB was recommended. I distinctly recall thinking that there was no way a PC game would ever require 16MB RAM!
ikr? I remember upgrading from 4mb to 16mb and how long the little tick sounds took to count up the memory. ;) ( and how nice it was not to have to use virt mem while gaming )

So, been playing this game up to Jabba's ship. Not truly impressed. Graphics are updated and everything looks fine, nothing is "HD". The main menu is pretty lackluster, but is functional. Sound is an improvement. Gameplay is excellent, with updated mouse movements (normal FPS gameplay). Cutscenes are a wash, with the ships really well done, but the people looking kind of cartoonish.

Kind of hard to recommend this game if you already have the original game. You can download the force engine and get 75% of what this remaster gives you. If you don't own the original, $30 is a pretty good buy for an old school Star Wars shooter with current day button layout (and gamepad support).

I played the original just fine back in the day, but this new one made me have motion sickness I believe. I attribute this to my older age now. Not too many games make me this way, but this one did. Ended up getting a refund.

IMG_4184.jpeg

Having played through this now.. it feels like a really good Doom wad file collection set in the star wars universe. It's pretty fun but I wish they had removed the sprites and gone all 3D... this as a great Quake 2 mod would have been way better imo. But maybe they were trying to keep the old school charm..

Last edited:
Back