Star Citizen - media blowout, Chris Robert's new game

Its been changing over at between 9 and 10am PST, but I think its save to check at midnight.

On another note, I got my first kill on the FPS station and did it feel good. I thought I was alone when I entered the station and ran into someone as I rounded the first corner after the airlock. He had an assault rifle, but luckily was only hip-firing, had the total drop on me and just sprayed the hall point blank giving me enough time to pull my pistol, bring up the sights and put 3 laser blasts in his head. I just wish that it had toggle ADS, instead of hold ADS, but it seem to work out for me. Afterward I spend some time EVAing outside with the weapon watching ships blow each other up even before they could reach the station.

Its been changing over at between 9 and 10am PST, but I think its save to check at midnight.

On another note, I got my first kill on the FPS station and did it feel good. I thought I was alone when I entered the station and ran into someone as I rounded the first corner after the airlock. He had an assault rifle, but luckily was only hip-firing, had the total drop on me and just sprayed the hall point blank giving me enough time to pull my pistol, bring up the sights and put 3 laser blasts in his head. I just wish that it had toggle ADS, instead of hold ADS, but it seem to work out for me. Afterward I spend some time EVAing outside with the weapon watching ships blow each other up even before they could reach the station.

i prefer hold aim down sights CS:GO always throws me off with its toggle on snipers and the sg553

Last edited:

It sounds like this encounter lasted longer than 3 seconds. Surely you are lying then, because I have it on good authority that the PTU can't go longer than 2.58 seconds without crashing completely. My sources tell me the game is literally unplayable. The fact that you are playing it makes you a liar sir! ;)

It sounds like this encounter lasted longer than 3 seconds. Surely you are lying then, because I have it on good authority that the PTU can't go longer than 2.58 seconds without crashing completely. My sources tell me the game is literally unplayable. The fact that you are playing it makes you a liar sir! ;)

lol

On a more serious side. It crashes pretty regularly and I have to say this was about the longest I was in the PTU, but this second build is already a lot more stable then the first one. With 2.0.0a you could play on average about 10 minutes, with 2.0.0b is the 10 minutes with spurts of 20-30 minutes in between. 2.0.0c is being build right now according to the PTU chat with more stability fixes and more stat tracking stuff build in and supposedly more invites.

E8yrIaz.png

zpllF75.png

:eek:

EDIT: Ups, sorry, it's up to 80 already. Just 3 more in less than 10 minutes. But, hey, pre^Nth-alpha and all that.

EDIT2: Damn, 81 in the time it took me to write that edit. :(

Last edited:
So latest news is there is a new build on its way for tonight, but that will be it until next week, no new invites until next week. Guys I want to say you are not missing much, but when it runs, its farking amaze ballz, but a lot of people like my blocked friend above me would be put off by the constant crashes and disconnects.

Edit: looks like another patch tomorrow morning, before the holiday, working hard.

Last edited:
So latest news is there is a new build on its way for tonight, but that will be it until next week, no new invites until next week. Guys I want to say you are not missing much, but when it runs, its farking amaze ballz, but a lot of people like my blocked friend above me would be put off by the constant crashes and disconnects.

It's flattering how you're thinking about me even behind the block but you should let it go. Not healthy to hold such a grudge.

Surprisingly, having an average playtime of 5 minutes between the crashes somehow manages to interfere with the enjoyment. Hard to believe but it really seems to. Must be a lot of strange gamers out there. They must be ungrateful and don't appreciate the amazing three years in the making alpha of the BDSSE even when it is unplayable.

yeah I've been holding off. Now that you can directly connect from the menu I may look at it again. Pain in the ass but every problem we see now just helps build experience for the future. Alpha is alpha lol

I've always wondered what the quality of the image is like with those pits. It's something I'm somewhat interested in but I think I would need to move to another house in order to get a room big enough to use it in.

WTF was that??? Seriously....they should definately consider scratching that "FPS Module" before they get ridiculed for it.

That video was gameplay from 2.0.0b, that bug along with dozens of others have already been fixed.

The devs have been working literally in real time with the community fixing bugs as people report them. They sat in chat for the entire weekend reproducing the most voted bugs that people reported to the issues council, and fixing them. All the bug fixes were collected and version 2.0.0c went live late last night and 2.0.0d is currently being tested with more stability and bug fixes.

You can now carry on with your armchair quarterbacking. If you keep at it they will sure take heed of your expert opinions :)

P.S: I took the liberty of setting up an online petition to "scratch the FPS module", you know to help out your cause :D

Click here:
https://www.change.org/p/CIG-scratch-the-FPS-module/

Last edited:
I tried out patch C last night. Still lots of crashing.

BUT...

You can fake out the game to think the Crusader map is really Dying Star, then fly around in free flight single player. Zero crashes when you do it that way. I played around with that a bit last night and it was nice and smooth. A few things dont work this way, like cruise mode or quantum, at least as far as I can tell.

I've had the same experience with arena commander. No crashes, runs good on the PTU. It's just the server code that is shit.

Yeah, part of the problem is this one issue that they are working on which will improve things further but won't be in 2.0.0d:

More crash fixes. The build is pretty much packaged and ready to go at this point. QA is going to hit on it with hammers for a bit to make sure it's solid. Additionally, we are looking into a solution that will prevent players with old builds(they did not patch) from connecting to the new build. Because when they do that, they effectively BRING old crashes with them to the new build. So working on that.

That video was gameplay from 2.0.0b, that bug along with dozens of others have already been fixed.

The devs have been working literally in real time with the community fixing bugs as people report them. They sat in chat for the entire weekend reproducing the most voted bugs that people reported to the issues council, and fixing them. All the bug fixes were collected and version 2.0.0c went live late last night and 2.0.0d is currently being tested with more stability and bug fixes.

The sign of a great employer, forcing his staff to unnecessary 24/7 crunching to fix a broken product he just had to get out there in time for anniversary sales.

Yeah, part of the problem is this one issue that they are working on which will improve things further but won't be in 2.0.0d:

You forgot to mention that tiny detail how a player with unverified patch install crashes the whole server for everyone. Nothing to do with the insane crunching regime, obviously.

I don't think the FPS portion looks that bad for an alpha...?

The sign of a great employer, forcing his staff to unnecessary 24/7 crunching to fix a broken product he just had to get out there in time for anniversary sales.

Or, you know, they need/want to do more things like this to regain trust from the community after all of the negative publicity.

Stop trolling.

Or, you know, they need/want to do more things like this to regain trust from the community after all of the negative publicity.

Stop trolling.

It is trolling if it doesn't have your positive spin? I am sorry, that is not how it works. The game is broken to the point of being playable for several minutes at a time on average, the devs are working 24/7 over the weekend and it was released in time for the sales week. Putting those things together is not trolling, but I am sorry if your feelings are hurt from pointing them out. If you want to see only praise and joy, stay on the Star Citizen subreddit.

Long time gamer and 8 years game industry professional writes a 2000 words post on Star Citizen subreddit of his thoughts on exploration, economy and PVP slider. Gets downvoted to oblivion and the most upvoted reply is this eloquent and elaborated gem:

2AZwrOR.png

He quickly comes to an unfortunate realization:
Finally, thank you for your engagement. I hadn't realized how poisonous this place was. I was expecting a little more adult behaviour from people :-/

Star Citizen community at its finest.

Meeho needs to loosen up, he seems really tense and irritable.

Needs to relax more.

It is trolling if it doesn't have your positive spin? I am sorry, that is not how it works. The game is broken to the point of being playable for several minutes at a time on average, the devs are working 24/7 over the weekend and it was released in time for the sales week. Putting those things together is not trolling, but I am sorry if your feelings are hurt from pointing them out. If you want to see only praise and joy, stay on the Star Citizen subreddit.

No, you're pulling conclusions out of your ass to further denigrate the game, so yeah, it is trolling.

That's a bit of a stretch. Most gaming reddits are poisonous as fuck.

True, but it is the biggest community and one where SC devs are the most active outside the RSI forum.

Meeho needs to loosen up, he seems really tense and irritable.

Needs to relax more.

LOL, I am not the one constantly crying trolling fouls and making personal jabs. Haha, thank you for that projection, though, genuinely made me laugh :)

No, you're pulling conclusions out of your ass to further denigrate the game, so yeah, it is trolling.

Thank you for your detailed rebuttal and argumentation. Agent_Mothman would approve.

Last edited:
Hmm having some thoughts about turning my phoenix into an Orion lol.. because ripping apart rocks sounds like money money Money

I mean i do have an 890 Jump, for the high end luxury, and then when it comes to smaller multi crew combat i have a Vanguard Harbinger + its BUKs

So i am not sure the phoenix really fills a needed role in my fleet any more, and i do have a distinct lack of utilitarian ships in my fleet.

Im tempted to CCU my Aurora LN to a Connie or a Starfarer, I already have a Freelancer and Hull C.

Thing is, I don't see the point of having an LTI Aurora LN....

Yeah i do no see the point in LTI on a small ship like an aurora either, LTI seems a little more valuable on a larger ship.

Edit-

So i ended up melting my Phoenix upgrade, picked up the Aquila to Orion upgrade, and 2x P-72's with the credits, 72's are just melt fodder but i could end up saving one and doing a last minute upgrade into a phoenix with one them if i change my mind on owning a phoenix at a later date.

But as of right now i am moving an Orion into my fleet instead of the Phoenix.

I always felt like the Phoenix was a bit over priced compared to the Orion / Reclaimers as well.

Last edited:
Well you have physical and liquid transporting covered, as well as gas collection.

I guess that I'll start using the iqnore feature since I'm tired of reading crap. Thing would be great if those who obviously aren't interested in this would stop thread crapping but it doesn't look like that's happening.

I was thinking about swapping my Reliant to Avenger Titan (for cargo stuff) but Reliant has larger cargo space and is rather interesting ship so I'll keep it. Reliant should be handy money making tool.

When the game launches I plan to get Constellation as soon as possible (for exploring). I don't want to pledge the fun away, lol.

I hope that customer support would fix my unfortunate 325A "upgrade" soon... It does look like they are busy.

I have a feeling early on i am going to be spending a lot of time in the Vanguard, really small crew requirements and seems like a pretty good offensive platform to cause some trouble in.

I'm holding out for the Cutlass redesign- I agree that LTI is not needed on smaller ships, but I want to keep my AMD Mustang for reasons (because racecar), and think I will get the most use out of the single person capable ships... But depending on near future I may not need an Avenger and a Cutlass.

And the 'Tali just looks so right...

I'm holding out for the Cutlass redesign- I agree that LTI is not needed on smaller ships, but I want to keep my AMD Mustang for reasons (because racecar), and think I will get the most use out of the single person capable ships... But depending on near future I may not need an Avenger and a Cutlass.

And the 'Tali just looks so right...

Ive been holding onto one of the AMD Mustang's just for the skin it has on it i doubt they will let you get that AMD omega skin any other way in the verse.

Back