Stacker top strong enough for handles?

Phobotron

n00b
Anyone have any experience adding handles to the top of a Stacker 810? I plan on water cooling it eventually and am worried about the weight causing the top to warp.

im pretty sure you are going to need to reinforce that, or attach the actual mounts to the frame of the chassis as opposed to just the top. such is the case with nearly all cases..

Well I know most people that add handles use large washers to spread out force, but I haven't seen people actually attach the handle to the rest of the frame.

I just use a piece of acrylic 1/4" scrap, on each screw for each handle... So usually 2 ~2" pieces per handle. The shape doesn't matter.

Another idea would be to use one large piece, with holes drilled in the proper locations. Might spread the load more evenly, and overall be stronger, than individual pieces. :)

True, but then you need to use good acrylic! heh, I just like to reuse scraps or fan-hole cutouts.

I'd find a way to reinforce the top if you're going to do that. Especially with a water loop the Stacker is HEAVY.

Back