Stability problem with IC7-G 2.8C

ericsan

Weaksauce
Having a stability problem with a very stock IC7-G 2.8C 1G DDR system. No overclocking at this particular time, although the my testing has been limited by the memory as far as I can tell.

Memory is Geil PC3500 Golden Dragon. Haven't been very impressed with this memory. Overclocking has been very limited.

So, running at stock speed on a 2.8, with a brand new ATI 9600XT card, I get lockups playing games.

We are playing the new URU, and after 15-20 mins, or sometimes after an hour, a quick, sudden lockup. Have to hit reset to reboot.

Bios is a stock speed for memory, pretty much SPD. Haven't fooled with the game accel settins in the BIOS much.

I thought it was the video card or drivers, so I changed to another 9600SE with new drivers, same problem, lockup.

One problem I see is the MBM voltage readings. +12v = 11.73 +3.3 = 3.23 and +5 = 4.89

Also, using the stock Intel cooler, and temps get up to 148F playing games.

I also get a lockup under normal desktop activiity, but very rarely.

So, do I need more voltage, better memory, more cooling ??

Try running it in single channel mode with one stick of memory at a time, that will rule out a bad DIMM unless of course both are bad.

Your temps are extremely high too, it works out to be about 65C but of course Abit boards are known to read a lil high so you might be actually a little cooler. How well ventilated is the case your using? Try running it with the side off, see if that helps your temps.

Back