SSDs for iPhone 15 Pro Max

maverick786us

2[H]4U
With iPhone 15 Pro Max, if you are taking Ultra HD Videos at 60FPS you can directly store it into an SSD thats mount with your iPhone using USB-C. Can you recommend me some of those SSDs compatible with iPhone 15 Pro Max?

Any standard external, name brand SSD with a USB-C connector should be compatible, just be sure to let the phone format it once you connect it, to get the best performance in the transfer mode. Just do yourself a favor & stay away from the no-name, yinzer yanzer drives...

The 15 uses the H265/HEVC codec, which is a common and fairly efficient codec, so you should be able to store a good bit of video on a single, modestly sized drive...

Please let us know when your 1st blockbuster movie is set for release, hehehe :D

One other thing to remember is to NOT use the usbc cable that came with your phone for data transfer. It is only USB2 rated and will significantly degrade your data throughput.

Any standard external, name brand SSD with a USB-C connector should be compatible, just be sure to let the phone format it once you connect it, to get the best performance in the transfer mode. Just do yourself a favor & stay away from the no-name, yinzer yanzer drives...

The 15 uses the H265/HEVC codec, which is a common and fairly efficient codec, so you should be able to store a good bit of video on a single, modestly sized drive...

Please let us know when your 1st blockbuster movie is set for release, hehehe :D

What's your opinion Sandisk Extreme SSD.

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-2TB-...refix=Sandisk+Extreme+SSD,aps,411&sr=8-3&th=1

IT seems to have good read and write speed and uses USB-C 3.2. Is 2 TB sufficient or does this Ultra Video will consume 2TB in less than an hour?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-2TB-Extreme-Portable-SDSSDE61-2T00-G25/dp/B08HN37XC1/ref=sr_1_3?crid=PM256S4X0MW4&keywords=sandisk+extreme+ssd+2tb&qid=1695486287&sprefix=Sandisk+Extreme+SSD,aps,411&sr=8-3&th=1

IT seems to have good read and write speed and uses USB-C 3.2. Is 2 TB sufficient or does this Ultra Video will consume 2TB in less than an hour?I
I would stay away from anything marked Sandisk in an SSD.

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-2TB-Extreme-Portable-SDSSDE61-2T00-G25/dp/B08HN37XC1/ref=sr_1_3?crid=PM256S4X0MW4&keywords=sandisk+extreme+ssd+2tb&qid=1695486287&sprefix=Sandisk+Extreme+SSD,aps,411&sr=8-3&th=1

IT seems to have good read and write speed and uses USB-C 3.2. Is 2 TB sufficient or does this Ultra Video will consume 2TB in less than an hour?
I would stay away from anything labeled Sandisk in an SSD. Just google "Sandisk SSD failure" and you will see why.

Just one last question. What's your opinion on Crucial X8. I was watching a comparison video and found that Crucial is an old player in SSD section and X8 is faster than Samsung T7.

I tried UHD60 PRO RES and it won't allow this unless I use external storage! IIRC the space used is about 12GB per minute of capture.
And yes the included cable when plugged into a PC or Mac is stuck at USB 2.0 speeds.
I have a bunch of nvme SSDs from PCIE 3.0 to PCIE 5.0 and will try using a USB-C mini enclosure that's works at 20Gbps.
I do have good luck with Samsung T series SSDs which are nice and compact and quite durable. I have a T2 that's still going strong as probably has as many miles as the International Space Station!

Yep, always had good luck with Sammy's, but also Crucial and Western Digital too, especially their Black series :D

Sandisk, as others have stated, has had many failures in recent years, as of now still not fixed either, AFAIK :(

And yes, ultra HD will eat up space quickly, so buy the largest drive you can afford....

Yep, always had good luck with Sammy's, but also Crucial and Western Digital too, especially their Black series :D

Sandisk, as others have stated, has had many failures in recent years, as of now still not fixed either, AFAIK :(

And yes, ultra HD will eat up space quickly, so buy the largest drive you can afford....

Well I am not sure if I should spend my $$ on a 2TB drive or buy a 1TB now and then buy another 1TB in 3-4 months.

Well I am not sure if I should spend my $$ on a 2TB drive or buy a 1TB now and then buy another 1TB in 3-4 months.
BUY THE 2TB (or 4TB) NOW, as the current rock-bottom prices won't last much longer, since mfgr's have decided to limit production of both the nand & the Gen 4 drives themselves, and most of them are starting to be more aggressive in pushing their Gen 5 drives too :)

This Corsair is down to $159 for a 4TB, pretty decent price,
https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-MP600-CORE-PCIe-Gen4/dp/B0BZ62Y2S6
1695674363507.png

Back