SSD for photoshop work?

dogbyte_13

[H]ard|Gawd
Would it be a bad thing to use a SSD for photoshop work PC? i considered it for faster rendering but would i burn out the SSD since photoshop does alot of writes.

I would say that's what SSD's are all about, for applications such as Photoshop. The benefit would be (is) noticeable and I wouldn't be worried about the writes so much these days. The controllers are pretty damn smart with how they handle storing and deleting the data so that it wouldn't wear it out even if you were a heavy user. Although for the extra benefit and security you could always double the size you want to get (i.e. 128GB instead of 64GB or 256GB instead of 128GB). That will instantly double its longevity as I'm paranoid myself and did that just to settle my nerves.

but would i burn out the SSD since photoshop does alot of writes.

A modern 128GB SSD (or larger) will not wear out by an application like Photoshop. Do not worry at all about that.

What are you going to use it for? Scratch disk space? Unless you're batch processing hordes of images at a time, color me a skeptic what you'd see more than Photoshop loading faster.

Mainlyh for editing photos i take with my camera, using HDR filters, masking and editing also photochopping. I could use my terabyte drive as a scratch disk i guess.

Back