Square Enix Easter surprise box $9.99 for 5 tbd games

Does everybody get the same 5 games, or is it a grab-bag random 5 games per order? Anybody gotten anything good out of this before?

the last surprise box wasn't worth it and it may be likely going to end up on humble bundle for cheaper

Yes, once bitten, twice shy. The 2015 holiday bundle included:

FINAL FANTASY® XIV: A REALM REBORN™
LIFE IS STRANGE (1st episode)
FINAL FANTASY® XIII
LARA CROFT AND THE TEMPLE OF OSIRIS
THIEF

Maybe worth it if you wanted, and didn't have, Thief and the Temple of Osiris games.

Of course, the Easter bundle will probably be awesome, and include Mirror's Edge Catalyst or something :)

Last edited:
Yeah, the last one was fairly disappointing. I didn't have Thief but I'm not sure I would have paid $10 for it.

FFXIV was kind of insulting because you get like 15 or 30 days and then you have to pay a monthly sub. Plus only the first episode of Life is Strange. Can't really count that as two complete games IMO.

I kept what I didn't have and sold the rest from that Holiday bundle on ebay for double what I paid after fees. So I bit on the Easter one too lol. If anything I'll flip them on ebay and make something off them.

Yeah, the last one was fairly disappointing. I didn't have Thief but I'm not sure I would have paid $10 for it.

FFXIV was kind of insulting because you get like 15 or 30 days and then you have to pay a monthly sub. Plus only the first episode of Life is Strange. Can't really count that as two complete games IMO.

Wow that's shitty. "5 game keys! Or trials...depending on what we feel like giving you."

Agreed on FFXIV being a bit of a piss-take. I'm sure their retail strategist layered that one in there thinking they would catch some people for subs.

I suppose Thief is worth $10, but have seen it sold for less.

Ha I actually didn't have any of the keys in the Easter Basket. Score for me this time. Although it was a score last time too because I kept what I needed and doubled my money anyway selling the extra ones on ebay.
FINAL FANTASY® VIII
FINAL FANTASY® XIII-2
QUANTUM CONUNDRUM
SLEEPING DOGS DEFINITIVE EDITION
DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION - DIRECTOR'S CUT
20% Off on the following Juct Cause 3

JUST CAUSE™ 3 XL EDITION [PC DOWNLOAD]
JUST CAUSE™ 3 Collector's Edition [XBOX ONE]
JUST CAUSE™ 3 Collector's Edition [PS4]
JUST CAUSE™ 3 [PC DOWNLOAD]
JUST CAUSE™ 3 [XBOX ONE]
JUST CAUSE™ 3 [PS4]
20% Off on the following Rise Of The Tomb Raider
RISE OF THE TOMB RAIDER™ [PC DOWNLOAD]
Rise of the Tomb Raider Collector’s Edition [PC]
Rise of the Tomb Raider Collector’s Edition [XBOX ONE]
RISE OF THE TOMB RAIDER™ DIGITAL DELUXE [PC DOWNLOAD]

I don't pay anywhere near full retail for games and these codes are crap to me so does anyone want my codes for the % off? They are one time use so only have 1 code each.

Reactions: DF-1
like this
Score for me as well. I did not have any of the games in the basket. Glad I bought one.

Feeling somewhat generous....

FINAL FANTASY® VIII [PC DOWNLOAD]

Game key: Redeemed already. (Your welcome!) lol.

20% Off on the following Juct Cause 3 (1 time use only)
Coupon code: JC3N-8G99-O265-L696 (Coupon Expiration date: 3/31/2016 11:59PM PST)
JUST CAUSE™ 3 XL EDITION [PC DOWNLOAD]
JUST CAUSE™ 3 Collector's Edition [XBOX ONE]
JUST CAUSE™ 3 Collector's Edition [PS4]
JUST CAUSE™ 3 [PC DOWNLOAD]
JUST CAUSE™ 3 [XBOX ONE]
JUST CAUSE™ 3 [PS4]

20% Off on the following Rise Of The Tomb Raider (1 time use only)
Coupon code: TRNA-2DIR-6B6B-W0RZ (Coupon Expiration date: 3/31/2016 11:59PM PST)
RISE OF THE TOMB RAIDER™ [PC DOWNLOAD]
Rise of the Tomb Raider Collector’s Edition [PC]
Rise of the Tomb Raider Collector’s Edition [XBOX ONE]

Already had FFVIII but this bundle worked out pretty well.. Someone can claim FFVIII if they want it or some of the 20% off codes. I won't be using them. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Reactions: DF-1
like this
better than last time with the two teasers (life is strange only one episode and FF XIV for 30 days). Now they giving out full games.

If you wanted sleeping dogs, you're welcome. If I would have subbed, we would have gotten life is strange episode 1 instead of it.

If anyone wants to use these.

Redeem at Square Enix Online Store

Coupon code: JC3N-S843-WS99-15W8 (Coupon Expiration date: 3/31/2016 11:59PM PST)

Coupon code: TRNA-039T-9SG4-425M (Coupon Expiration date: 3/31/2016 11:59PM PST)

Coupon code: JC3N-KVXA-37O1-VQA5 (Coupon Expiration date: 3/31/2016 11:59PM PST)

Coupon code: TRNA-13S1-6F9X-2MN8 (Coupon Expiration date: 3/31/2016 11:59PM PST)

You know it is [H]ate forum when people hate on 5 games for $10.

Well, last time it was a pretty big rip-off so the hate there is totally justified. Wasn't even 5 full games that were given.

Looks considerably better this time, although if you already have 2 or more of those games it's probably not worth it.

anyone want to get rid of FFVIII for cheap :D

So if you bought what you thought were 5 full boxes of cookies, yet what you got was one with a couple cookies in it and another less than half full, you would be okay with that?

I don't care that it's $10 - it was misrepresented in the first place.

Back